Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Please fix so you CAN NOT accidently delete your current task!!!!

Please fix so you CAN NOT accidently delete your current task!!!!

There needs to be a different button that is used to delete your current derby task. It is so frustrating to accidently delete you current task that you have worked hard on and it is hard to see sometimes on your phone the different message that pops up. I have done this a couple of times and in a close race it is heartbreaking when it happens. Please change this so that this doesn't happen in the future. Or make a way to bring it back.

Karen

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    To trash a taken task (unfinished) you need to tap on the Derby stand, tap on the trash icon and then select YES on the popup. That's quite a lot of steps to trash one, and I am not sure what else we could do to prevent accidental trashes. An undo function wouldn't technically just work, unfortunately.

Cheers,

Nick
    Nick / Supercell
    Community Manager
    Like Hay Day on Facebook: http://facebook.com/HayDayOfficial
    Follow Hay Day on Twitter: http://twitter.com/HayDay
    Follow Hay Day on Instagram: http://instagram.com/HayDay
    Subscribe to Hay Day YouTube: http://youtube.com/HayDay

It would help a lot if trashing new tasks wouldn't have to be confirmed. It is not necessary anyway, just slows the trashing procedure down. Then trashing your own task would be the only time a confirmation was demanded and would get the proper attention.
    Greebie

Willowbrook Farm
    Level 230

Quote Originally Posted by Nick[Supercell] View Post
    To trash a taken task (unfinished) you need to tap on the Derby stand, tap on the trash icon and then select YES on the popup. That's quite a lot of steps to trash one, and I am not sure what else we could do to prevent accidental trashes. An undo function wouldn't technically just work, unfortunately.

Cheers,

Nick
    But it is the same steps as deleting unwanted tasks that appear on the board. This happens when I am clearing the board so that we can get better tasks to appear. It is veery frustrating when you are deleting tasks for the neighborhood and delete your own by mistake. There needs to be a different way than the same way that you delete the low point tasks on the board. It is too easy to delete your current task when you are clearing the board.

Karen

It's called being careful. I'd like it if they would make it so that when I drop a glass on my hard tile floor , it wouldn't break! I'd like it so that if I fell down the stairs, I wouldn't break a bone. Things happen. So we have to be careful. And yes I know that playing on a tiny screen is harder than a big ole iPad. That's why when I help my daughter play on her itty bitty iTouch, I am even more careful. That's all you can do.

GC: Tiggerr Two #2RQR90QG | Lvl: 136​ | NH:dis FUNtional
    Turbo Trucker Help and Guide | HD Guide Book- | New People Tips
    Main Topic guide

Thanks to Red (again) for the picture !!

Centennial Club

Makes Great Sense To Me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kareng1960 View Post
    But it is the same steps as deleting unwanted tasks that appear on the board. This happens when I am clearing the board so that we can get better tasks to appear. It is veery frustrating when you are deleting tasks for the neighborhood and delete your own by mistake. There needs to be a different way than the same way that you delete the low point tasks on the board. It is too easy to delete your current task when you are clearing the board.

Karen

Absolutely agree!! It's FAR too muddled up with the tasks not yet selected and no matter how "careful" you are, it's is still far too easy to have this happen. And no one wants to be the player who may do this and potentially jeopardize the NH results.
    C'mon Hay Day, there MUST be a better way.
    And while you're at it, in case there was any doubt ~ the "match ups" are a tremendous fail! In every way possible! Derbies are nothing to look forward to. The only one with a horse in this race (pun intended!) who benefits from recent changes is Supercell. I'll just bet diamond usage has never been this high! The rules and strategies for winning are rigid and finite, and spoils goes to the highest bidder.

Maybe a different colour background

It's very easy to accidentally thrash your own task especially if several players are cleaning board. It shouldn't be too difficult to implement a clearer warning such as a red background to the confirmation message if binning your own task.

Quote Originally Posted by Greebie0 View Post
    It would help a lot if trashing new tasks wouldn't have to be confirmed. It is not necessary anyway, just slows the trashing procedure down. Then trashing your own task would be the only time a confirmation was demanded and would get the proper attention.
    I like this idea.
    Hay Day Level 135
    Town level 39

Quote Originally Posted by Greebie0 View Post
    It would help a lot if trashing new tasks wouldn't have to be confirmed. It is not necessary anyway, just slows the trashing procedure down.
    Well if this were to happen I can see it already.
    People asking to have a double click confirmation so you can't accidentally trash a good task.
    Especially with high point tasks being in short supply that would hurt too, to accidentally trash a high point task. It's easy enough to accidentally hit the trash button instead of the accept button.
    I still do this with truck orders.

Im not unsympathetic as I too have accidentally trashed one of mine.
    But I haven't done it since because I'm more careful now.

I have a suggestion... Usually we have to type the word CONFIRM when we transfer farms between devices... In a similar fashion, they can create a step where we have to type CONFIRM to delete our own task. The usual tasks on the task board will need just a yes or no...but our task will need us to type a word. So this will avoid any mishaps i think