Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Please fix so you CAN NOT accidently delete your current task!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CollyWobbler11 View Post
    So correct.

Its stupid having 1 trash bin that trashes 2 different areas.

Its stupid having a message that on really small screens is not easy to read and at a glance appears the same as the message for trashing board tasks.

it is stupid not making the own task trash message a different colour and so more obvious for small screen users.

Its stupid that this was not thought out prior to release.

Its stupid that several people have requested a change in this area and nothing appears to be being done.

You missed one.

It is stupid that refreshing a slot on the board results in YOUR OWN CURRENT TASK being selected.

Meanwhile, when you have no current task you are working on, refreshing a new slot on the board results in a delay and you have to tap twce to see it but it is not selected....

Please, SC, alter this system and help save tasks and sanity.
    VOTE HERE for a Derby Gift Catalogue.

Enable diamond confirmation --- but beware: it only works in some places! ❇click for info❇
    Of Chill Reputations ~ join a cool neighbourhood

Quote Originally Posted by shepherdgirl View Post
    Nick -- there should be a relatively easy fix, and it's important because it's clearly happened to a lot of people. Yes we can go slooooowwwww and veeerrrrrryyyy careffffuuuulllllly when deleting, but task trashing is such an annoying aspect of hay day in the first place (sorry, no offense, just keeping it real) that from SC's perspective it really shouldn't be your best default solution. IMO, best solution = Greebie's suggestion to make it work like the truck board, no confirms unless your own task. Second best solution, something different like typing CONFIRM as suggested above or even just moving the button to a different location from the rote trash tasking.
    I agree. The reason this happens to so many players is the constant trashing needed to get acceptable tasks. Because we trash tasks over and over, we barely read the messages. The trashing of our own task needs to be completely different.

I don't think changing the color of the background will help. As your finger presses the "YES" button to complete the trash function, your brain will be saying "That screen was different, but what was different... oh maybe it was that red color... wait a minute, I just deleted my own task. Grrrrr"

Tasks trashed.

I agree that the task you're working on is trashed to easily. Also, we have had tasks trashed without actually trashing them ourselves. Very frustrating!

Centennial Club

experienced Same Issue

Hi

Today I experienced the exact same issue, so did two others in my Hood! so we have lost the Derby already because we can't now secure enough points to place and it's only the first day!

I was doing a 320 milk task and was almost finished. somehow whilst trashing low tasks off the board the task I was working on got caught up in it. I think how it happened was that when trashing I also had to refresh a board task and on trashing that one it took the task I was working on instead.

I wouldn't mind but I used diamonds to speed up my task and diamonds to refresh board tasks so to then lose the task in this way is very annoying and it meant I had totally wasted my diamond investment! of course I emailed help desk and got the generic answer back that they can't restore trashed tasks so it's all been for nothing!

So I can agree this is a common fault they need to fix. One positive out of this however; it's totally cured me of wasting diamonds refreshing and speeding up tasks - lol

MOVE the button!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick[Supercell] View Post
    To trash a taken task (unfinished) you need to tap on the Derby stand, tap on the trash icon and then select YES on the popup. That's quite a lot of steps to trash one, and I am not sure what else we could do to prevent accidental trashes. An undo function wouldn't technically just work, unfortunately.

Cheers,

Nick
    As I mentioned in the thread I started before seeing this one (http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...#post5854141) moving the button to the right side of the screen so that it is not identical to the button you use to trash untaken tasks would greatly help this issue! That's what else you could do!

Please help us!
    Last edited by zeneticanna; November 23rd, 2015 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kareng1960 View Post
    There needs to be a different button that is used to delete your current derby task. It is so frustrating to accidently delete you current task that you have worked hard on and it is hard to see sometimes on your phone the different message that pops up. I have done this a couple of times and in a close race it is heartbreaking when it happens. Please change this so that this doesn't happen in the future. Or make a way to bring it back.

Karen
    Yes happened to me too I was doing a boat task had 2 left to do when it happened I was so mad

Im careful but it still happens

I have deleted my current task at least twice. I am more careful but the steps are the same as when you trash unwanted tasks on the board so when you are in a trashing rythym it is an easy mistake to make.

Is this Supercells fault? No, we can be more careful

Could they change the personal task trashing process to help differentiate between the two processes? Yes absolutely. Why not make an easy change that would help eliminate the confusion/mistake.
    NH: Winky Wonky Derby Donkey
    Level: 80 Town:18
    Barn: 1950
    Silo: 2300
    I'm not addicted, really. I can stop anytime....

Quote Originally Posted by pitchfork View Post
    You missed one.

It is stupid that refreshing a slot on the board results in YOUR OWN CURRENT TASK being selected.

Meanwhile, when you have no current task you are working on, refreshing a new slot on the board results in a delay and you have to tap twce to see it but it is not selected....

Please, SC, alter this system and help save tasks and sanity.

Yes, utterly ridiculous and badly set up.

Everyone in my hood aside from one has accidently trashed a task while refreshing. It's annoying...almost as annoying as now being penalised for trashing (nice revenue reducer btw)

Quote Originally Posted by Iggychic View Post
    Everyone in my hood aside from one has accidently trashed a task while refreshing. It's annoying...almost as annoying as now being penalised for trashing (nice revenue reducer btw)
    I decided to just stop using refresh because of this. Now I just close the derby screen and open it again. This is actually faster if there are multiple to refresh since ALL of the tasks get refreshed automatically by closing and re-opening.

If there is only 1 task, I still do this because the 1/2 a second it takes is less annoying than risking accidentally deleting my task.

Works for me. YMMV.