Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Please fix so you CAN NOT accidently delete your current task!!!!

Even something simple like just moving the dialog box to a different spot on the screen would help.

The trashing is so repetitive that we just go 'click-trash-yes-click-trash-yes-click-trash-yes-click-trash-yes.....' over and over and over and over again. It's ridiculously easy to trash you own task unless you are really careful and a lot slower than we need to be at this super boring and super repetitive task.

For me, it's two fingers, very quick, and then I noticed something about 'quota' flash past the screen which is the only word I ever saw because I was clicking through this boring sequence so fast, but the next thing you know, my task is gone.

Nick -- there should be a relatively easy fix, and it's important because it's clearly happened to a lot of people. Yes we can go slooooowwwww and veeerrrrrryyyy careffffuuuulllllly when deleting, but task trashing is such an annoying aspect of hay day in the first place (sorry, no offense, just keeping it real) that from SC's perspective it really shouldn't be your best default solution. IMO, best solution = Greebie's suggestion to make it work like the truck board, no confirms unless your own task. Second best solution, something different like typing CONFIRM as suggested above or even just moving the button to a different location from the rote trash tasking.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick[Supercell] View Post
    To trash a taken task (unfinished) you need to tap on the Derby stand, tap on the trash icon and then select YES on the popup. That's quite a lot of steps to trash one, and I am not sure what else we could do to prevent accidental trashes. An undo function wouldn't technically just work, unfortunately.

Cheers,

Nick
    It would help if the confirmation box actually told you what task you were about to trash.

"Are you sure you wish to trash this task?
    Harvest 300 pumpkins - 300 points"

At least you would be able to see what you are about to trash.

Derby task deleted by mistake

Can you please fix this problem, I accidentally deleted my task trying to clear the board. Can you put the feature on that if you hit the trash can by mistake it will ask you if you want to delete this task..

Thumbs Up Yeah, what she said, lol

100% ditto this:

Quote Originally Posted by shepherdgirl View Post
    Even something simple like just moving the dialog box to a different spot on the screen would help.

The trashing is so repetitive that we just go 'click-trash-yes-click-trash-yes-click-trash-yes-click-trash-yes.....' over and over and over and over again. It's ridiculously easy to trash you own task unless you are really careful and a lot slower than we need to be at this super boring and super repetitive task.

For me, it's two fingers, very quick, and then I noticed something about 'quota' flash past the screen which is the only word I ever saw because I was clicking through this boring sequence so fast, but the next thing you know, my task is gone.

Nick -- there should be a relatively easy fix, and it's important because it's clearly happened to a lot of people. Yes we can go slooooowwwww and veeerrrrrryyyy careffffuuuulllllly when deleting, but task trashing is such an annoying aspect of hay day in the first place (sorry, no offense, just keeping it real) that from SC's perspective it really shouldn't be your best default solution. IMO, best solution = Greebie's suggestion to make it work like the truck board, no confirms unless your own task. Second best solution, something different like typing CONFIRM as suggested above or even just moving the button to a different location from the rote trash tasking.
    PS: accidentally deleting a nice 320 task from the board because there may be no confirm option, like with trucks, would not be anywhere near as teeth gnashingly dreadful as deleting one's boat task while on the sixth boat (and yes, that's a true scenario that's happened to me and a couple of my hoodmates).
    Seamus Hills, a 33 Shady Lane farm

Looking for a
    Funny, Helpful, Derby-lovin Hood? Join us!

To trash a taken task (unfinished) you need to tap on the Derby stand, tap on the trash icon and then select YES on the popup. That's quite a lot of steps to trash one, and I am not sure what else we could do to prevent accidental trashes. An undo function wouldn't technically just work, unfortunately.

Cheers,

Nick
    Well you guys are doing good, but not good enough if you allow me to be honest here!

Our NH lost 4 Golden trophies to this issue specifically and one trophy for an in game sum error the support team could only show some emotional support and 10 diamonds for one member.

If you play the derby at the same level of dedication we go through, you shall and will face this issue, the problem here is that the board refreshes at certain times (refresh a task, other teammates finishes a task, other teammate picking up a task, other teammate deletes a task) and whenever such refresh happens it will choose your on going task instead of the one you chose to delete.

That is the core of the problem that your Dev. team shall debug.

Other than that, i have suggested some work around in a previous post linked below.

http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...taps-please-XD

I seriously and sincerely would appreciate you guys giving it a look, hence it makes our spent time and money go into waste.

Regards,
    "Do you know what's waiting beyond that beach? Immortality! Take it! It's yours!" (Achilles)

Please, please, please change this behaviour

Once again I accidentally deleted my own, current (320 points) task. I won't tell you what I said.
    This a known problem in HD, which many, many players suffer from.
    It must be possible to change this behaviour. I know that the text differs when you delete your own or an unselected task. But this is not enough. We do not read the texts! We just tap along.
    Let me suggest one possibility:
    The current delete button should only work on not-selected tasks.

If you want to delete your own current task, you go to the list of your own tasks (completed or active) and hit e.g. a delete icon there.

But there are of course many other solutions. Please find a good one.

The important thing is to separate the two delete actions completely!

Centennial Club

use a different colour

Cheers,

Nick
    I have, on more than one occasion, suggested that if trash is selected on the one currently being worked on then the pop up is a different colour background thereby making the message, regardless of device, obviously different.

Another idea would be to make it impossible to trash the chosen task.

When using a phone, despite the various steps the screen is so small that the pop up is not easily read.

Thumbs Up

I like the idea of making your own task a different colour, possibly red so it stands out from the others, this might diminish the trashing of your own task

Suggestion: new delete function for own task

To avoid deleting your own task you could move the delete-own-task button to the list of own tasks. Add for example a trash icon next to the current task, and let the user click it to have the task deleted. Of course prompt for Yes/no.
    You MUST separate the two delete functions to avoid the accidental deletions that are so frustrating.
    It is not at all logical that when you hit a non-selected task the delete button works on it, but if you mis-hit a non-selected task you delete the current task!
    Thanx.
    Last edited by KeldHH; October 31st, 2015 at 02:53 PM.

Calling Nick

Nick, i regret to inform you but u are misinformed here. Pls see moonwolf76 post in this thread. I have posted this several times myself. It is too easy to delete your own active task when u are trashing the derby board. If another member in your nhood is also trashing tasks, and trashes the one you have selected to trash, then your task is the one u will inadvertently trash, it seems.

This is so totally unacceptable. So easy to use to fix and several good suggestions are given here in this thread. Pls put this high priority and get it fixed, ty so very much.

best, Barb
    Level 100, achievements 108/108, no more counting GC: bqbowers01
    HD NH: Happiness Spot

SCORCHED EARTH SURVIVOR 15Jun2016