Thread: How WallBreaker works Miniguide

How WallBreaker works Miniguide

Made this guide to help with the often misunderstood WB AI. It's actually a pretty clever algorithm.

First lets assume for a second we are deploying barbarians instead of wallbreakers. When deployed at the marked point they will go to the closest building, like so:

That building is reachable without breaking any walls. So for the purpose of wallbreaker AI it doesn't matter so it I've erased it.

Now assuming we deploy again another barbarian, which building it will go after next:

Again we erase that building since it is reachable.

And we continue considering which buildings barbarians would go after, erasing each one that it is found to be reachable:

Let's stop for a second here. As you can see the hole in the wall allows reaching that elixir collector, so it is actually ignored by WB AI as well. Keep that in mind.

Finally we reach the point were a barbarian would target a wall instead of a building. At this point the barbarian and WB behave exactly the same: target either of the two marked walls, depending on exact placement.

What WB AI does is skip over all the previous steps to reach the point where a wall needs to be broken in order to get to a target building. You have to keep in mind which target buildings get erased during the process in order to tell where a WB would go.

And effectively, those two walls were the ones targetted in the original screenshot (pulled from this thread):
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynderalus View Post
    Last edited by Yoyobuae; September 4th, 2015 at 05:48 PM.
    Ignore list: rydogg20 bouges jarvee nerfedname Rampantarmadillo JohnSnow83 Vikky CriPpLeR RakeNoris ClashRoyaleTeam AsyanHari
    Quote Originally Posted by TooBizar4u View Post
    Only troop you need is the goblin. The rest are just luxury troops.

This is a nice thread, maybe you could add something about how WBs react to staggered walls? Or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by ZachTyler View Post
    This is a nice thread, maybe you could add something about how WBs react to staggered walls? Or something like that?
    I'm not completely sure WB react to staggered walls. I've seen them avoid them at times, and try breaking thru them at other times. I think their reaction to staggered walls has even changed at some point (unannounced change).
    Ignore list: rydogg20 bouges jarvee nerfedname Rampantarmadillo JohnSnow83 Vikky CriPpLeR RakeNoris ClashRoyaleTeam AsyanHari
    Quote Originally Posted by TooBizar4u View Post
    Only troop you need is the goblin. The rest are just luxury troops.

Oh, well that's ok, I just thought the thread should have more stuff, cause tbh it looked like a future sticky you do have a really good start on this thread btw
    Last edited by ZachTyler; September 4th, 2015 at 06:22 PM.

Somewhere in a clearing in a magical forest
    Good job explaining!