Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Clan castle donations (a new way of thinking about it)

  1. #1
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    167

    Clan castle donations (a new way of thinking about it)

    So we are all wondering why cant clan castle troops get you exp. well many people say people can exploit it by removing troops from the clan castles. Well I got a solution to that problem.

    Whenever someone donates to a clan castle your troops will sit there till the end of Prep day. What I think should happen, is when Prep day is over whatever troops u donated that is left in the war clan castles, should count towards experience and donations.


    What do yall think about it? Non exploitable and totally fair

  2. #2
    Super Member HungryHungryHippo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    52į 5′ NB, 05į 7′ OL
    Posts
    850
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenn99 View Post
    Whenever someone donates to a clan castle your troops will sit there till the end of Prep day.
    So you're saying those troops can't get removed? cos that will cause other frustrating issues.
    Last edited by HungryHungryHippo; September 2nd, 2015 at 01:30 PM.

    Signature by Yeshbizzle
    TH9/LVL:126/HH:5,2M/EE:781M/GG:724M/AQ30/BBK27/250 LAVAS


  3. #3
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,297
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenn99 View Post
    So we are all wondering why cant clan castle troops get you exp. well many people say people can exploit it by removing troops from the clan castles. Well I got a solution to that problem.

    Whenever someone donates to a clan castle your troops will sit there till the end of Prep day. What I think should happen, is when Prep day is over whatever troops u donated that is left in the war clan castles, should count towards experience and donations.


    What do yall think about it? Non exploitable and totally fair


    The initial argument against is a weak one anyway...XP is virtually meaningless to the game, so who really cares if it's exploitable. Really, how many people are going to make a coordinated effort in their clan to exploit it so they can become higher level?

    I've said before, Supercell's rationale on this one makes no sense. People would't donate ♥♥♥♥ty troops to war castles because the primary motivator is still winning the war, and decent leaders will kick players who don't follow clan rules on what goes in war castles.

    What it might do though is actually provide a little bit of incentive for more people to donate to the war castles, because right now I feel like in most clans the same few people fill the castles every war.
    Search Death Elevator in the clan search and check us out at deathelevator.blogspot.com

  4. #4
    Forum Veteran btcc1721's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Can't EU guess?
    Posts
    1,879
    Quote Originally Posted by awesomness2016 View Post
    The initial argument against is a weak one anyway...XP is virtually meaningless to the game, so who really cares if it's exploitable. Really, how many people are going to make a coordinated effort in their clan to exploit it so they can become higher level?
    AFAIK its to stop people getting FiN achievement(s) too easily
    -_-

  5. #5
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by HungryHungryHippo View Post
    So you're saying those troops can't get removed? cos that will cause other frustrating issues.
    No they can get removed. But if the person does not remove them after before prep day is over then u get the exp

  6. #6
    Trainee
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    In my gold storage (Full)
    Posts
    36
    Im pretty sure you dont get xp from donating to the war cc's... Just sayin
    Name: xXTheProXx Clan: Doon clashers TH 9 | Walls: 76/250 Legos


    Is it just me, or does clash need an update?

  7. #7
    Forum Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    5,191
    Quote Originally Posted by awesomness2016 View Post
    The initial argument against is a weak one anyway...XP is virtually meaningless to the game, so who really cares if it's exploitable. Really, how many people are going to make a coordinated effort in their clan to exploit it so they can become higher level?

    I've said before, Supercell's rationale on this one makes no sense. People would't donate ♥♥♥♥ty troops to war castles because the primary motivator is still winning the war, and decent leaders will kick players who don't follow clan rules on what goes in war castles.

    What it might do though is actually provide a little bit of incentive for more people to donate to the war castles, because right now I feel like in most clans the same few people fill the castles every war.
    Much of your argument is contradictory. If Exp is virtually meaningless why does it matter if they do OR donít count. As for people who are unwilling to donate to war cc ... if this causes friction, exercise the kick option and help them find another clan. Personally, we war with mixed th, like many clans. I donít want more people to donate and we have no issue getting war cc filled with the best possible troops.

    The solution the OP suggests might make it less exploitable but the effort involved is far more than the benefits warrant. There are other things SC devs can work on first.

  8. #8
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    154
    its because of the friend in need issue, were one can donate giants x6 (30 pts) to his/here second account, delete it, donate delete completing the free 280 (total) gem in a day or so.
    "ZAP it or ZIP it!"

  9. #9
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Happy land
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by awesomness2016 View Post
    The initial argument against is a weak one anyway...XP is virtually meaningless to the game, so who really cares if it's exploitable. Really, how many people are going to make a coordinated effort in their clan to exploit it so they can become higher level?

    I've said before, Supercell's rationale on this one makes no sense. People would't donate ♥♥♥♥ty troops to war castles because the primary motivator is still winning the war, and decent leaders will kick players who don't follow clan rules on what goes in war castles.

    What it might do though is actually provide a little bit of incentive for more people to donate to the war castles, because right now I feel like in most clans the same few people fill the castles every war.
    If XP is meaningless to the game, then why do you care?..

    SC had a point not letting donations towards war cc grant Exp and increase in your count of donations and that's because, as alot of people pointed out before, it's exploitable, why? because you can just make someone in ur clan delete his war cc troops and u can donate again and again and again..

    But your idea of what only stays in the war cc until end of prep day counts, can also be explioted, because there are alot of clans out there where a leader Yolo starts a cw in an anyone can join type of clan.. The war starts from here and half of the players leave before the war starts from there, so you can just donate giants to everyone that left and you get free donation count and easier way of unlocking your achievement.

    Hopefully that was convincing enough of why SC will never allow this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •