Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Issue with buying gems

  1. #1
    Senior Member Geraldjo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    LEAGUEofSHADOWS
    Posts
    409

    Issue with buying gems

    Members of the forums,

    I am writing this to warn you of a gem buying situation that could take advantage of you. Sometimes when you buys gems and type in your password, the gems you bought are not delivered. DO NOT TRY TO BUY IT AGAIN! I have waited upwards of 7-8 hours to receive gems that I have paid for instantly. Sometime before that, the same thing happened to me, I waited a couple hrs to receive my gems, so I thought there was an error in the purchase, so I bought it again. Instantly, both my purchases were delivered at the same time. Is this fair? No. Is it honest? No. Does Supercell take advantage of us, and try to make us make duplicate purchases? Yes. I emailed Supercell about the issue, and they said its an issue with connections with ITunes, but a lot of my friends in the game have this issue, and other apps don't make you wait minutes, or even hours to get your in app purchases. Why does the #1 grossing app in the U.S. App store not have this issue resolved yet? Does Supercell care if the issue is resolved, or do they even support the unfair duplicate purchases? It's funny how it is never their fault, and how we need to take it up with ITunes. Supercell, use the money that you unfairly took from us to fix this problem, it has been MONTHS since this problem arose, and as far as I can see, you have done NOTHING to resolve it.

    The following is a quote from the Clash of Clans FAQ, posted by supercell,

    "While most of the transaction go smoothly, sometimes an answer from Apple or our servers might be slower than usual or might result in errors. Please wait some time and see if they will arrive. Even if after waiting your gems are still not given to you, try to purchase exactly the same category a second time (do not worry, no extra money are deducted) - you should see a message similar to \qthis has been already purchased, tap to receive. If this happens just quit and restart the game, your gems should be credited to you. If this doesn't help, please contact our customer support at clashofclans.feedback@supercell.net and our guys will help you as soon as possible."

    I waited hours and didn't get my gems. I did as it said, and tried the exact same purchase again, and it went through the second time, but it DID CHARGE me double. I contacted Their support, and they blamed itunes. Don't trust Supercells lies. It seems they are at it for the profit, even if it means that they make a profit unfairly. I am not the only person that got charged double or even triple, other players share my story. Feel free to post below if Supercell has taken advantage of you for the sake of profits.

    www.leagueofshadowsclan.com
    The Swashbuckler- This pirate is only interested in the loot he can plunder. Armed with a pistol, compass, and a bottle o' rum, your swashbucklers will forever be a threat to your opponents resources. Please bombard Supercell with requests for this new DE troop!
    #cocswashbuckler

  2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Rauta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    932
    Quote Originally Posted by Geraldjo View Post
    Members of the forums,

    I am writing this to warn you of a gem buying situation that could take advantage of you. Sometimes when you buys gems and type in your password, the gems you bought are not delivered. DO NOT TRY TO BUY IT AGAIN! I have waited upwards of 7-8 hours to receive gems that I have paid for instantly. Sometime before that, the same thing happened to me, I waited a couple hrs to receive my gems, so I thought there was an error in the purchase, so I bought it again. Instantly, both my purchases were delivered at the same time. Is this fair? No. Is it honest? No. Does Supercell take advantage of us, and try to make us make duplicate purchases? Yes. I emailed Supercell about the issue, and they said its an issue with connections with ITunes, but a lot of my friends in the game have this issue, and other apps don't make you wait minutes, or even hours to get your in app purchases. Why does the #1 grossing app in the U.S. App store not have this issue resolved yet? Does Supercell care if the issue is resolved, or do they even support the unfair duplicate purchases? It's funny how it is never their fault, and how we need to take it up with ITunes. Supercell, use the money that you unfairly took from us to fix this problem, it has been MONTHS since this problem arose, and as far as I can see, you have done NOTHING to resolve it.

    The following is a quote from the Clash of Clans FAQ, posted by supercell,

    "While most of the transaction go smoothly, sometimes an answer from Apple or our servers might be slower than usual or might result in errors. Please wait some time and see if they will arrive. Even if after waiting your gems are still not given to you, try to purchase exactly the same category a second time (do not worry, no extra money are deducted) - you should see a message similar to \qthis has been already purchased, tap to receive. If this happens just quit and restart the game, your gems should be credited to you. If this doesn't help, please contact our customer support at clashofclans.feedback@supercell.net and our guys will help you as soon as possible."

    I waited hours and didn't get my gems. I did as it said, and tried the exact same purchase again, and it went through the second time, but it DID CHARGE me double. I contacted Their support, and they blamed itunes. Don't trust Supercells lies. It seems they are at it for the profit, even if it means that they make a profit unfairly. I am not the only person that got charged double or even triple, other players share my story. Feel free to post below if Supercell has taken advantage of you for the sake of profits.
    We don't handle the transactions made within the game. That is all Apple's territory. Our server simply check from the apple server when the purchase is validated by them and then gives the gems to your account. And as it was said, while most of them go smoothly, there are some issues sometimes with getting the validation from the Apple's server. The solution mentioned above (trying it again) does work in most cases, but if there is problems with that solution please let us know and we can alter our instructions.

    Also if you feel like there has been a problem with a purchase or that you have been billed twice, please contact Apple's support. They are the ones who actually bill you and can refund you if needed.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Geraldjo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    LEAGUEofSHADOWS
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauta View Post
    We don't handle the transactions made within the game. That is all Apple's territory. Our server simply check from the apple server when the purchase is validated by them and then gives the gems to your account. And as it was said, while most of them go smoothly, there are some issues sometimes with getting the validation from the Apple's server. The solution mentioned above (trying it again) does work in most cases, but if there is problems with that solution please let us know and we can alter our instructions.

    Also if you feel like there has been a problem with a purchase or that you have been billed twice, please contact Apple's support. They are the ones who actually bill you and can refund you if needed.
    I understand, but you are telling people to buy the same thing a second time, saying they won't get charged. This is untrue, I have done as you said and it charged me double. This happens so often that I'm afraid ITunes will stop believing me. You should work with them to solve this problem, or update your servers faster.

    www.leagueofshadowsclan.com
    The Swashbuckler- This pirate is only interested in the loot he can plunder. Armed with a pistol, compass, and a bottle o' rum, your swashbucklers will forever be a threat to your opponents resources. Please bombard Supercell with requests for this new DE troop!
    #cocswashbuckler

  4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    Rauta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    932
    Quote Originally Posted by Geraldjo View Post
    I understand, but you are telling people to buy the same thing a second time, saying they won't get charged. This is untrue, I have done as you said and it charged me double. This happens so often that I'm afraid ITunes will stop believing me. You should work with them to solve this problem, or update your servers faster.
    I see. This is the 1st time time I hear that the tapping again isn't working, but as you say it can cause a lot of frustration and annoyance to the players. I think we should change the FAQ and the instructions in this situation. I'll check with support about this tomorrow how well the instructions has worked so far and if it indeed is not helpful enough compared to the possible negative impact on the experience, we will change it.

    Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

  5. #5
    He who has not yet claimed his title dahimi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Hello Kitty Adventure Island
    Posts
    10,807
    Quote Originally Posted by Geraldjo View Post
    I understand, but you are telling people to buy the same thing a second time, saying they won't get charged. This is untrue, I have done as you said and it charged me double. This happens so often that I'm afraid ITunes will stop believing me. You should work with them to solve this problem, or update your servers faster.
    I'd definitely advocate a change to the FAQ for this. Buying them again seems unwise. It'd probably be better to wait a day or two and see if the charge shows up on your iTunes account and then contact support.

    But yeah, if this is a regular problem Supercell really needs to work with Apple to fix it.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Geraldjo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    LEAGUEofSHADOWS
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by dahimi View Post
    I'd definitely advocate a change to the FAQ for this. Buying them again seems unwise. It'd probably be better to wait a day or two and see if the charge shows up on your iTunes account and then contact support.

    But yeah, if this is a regular problem Supercell really needs to work with Apple to fix it.

    I am surprised this is the first time Supercell has heard that their solution doesn't work. Also waiting 1-2 days for your gems to arrive is rediculous. The bank takes my money out in less than 1-2 days. The point of buying gems is so that you won't have to wait to store gold or elixir, and won't have to wait for things to build. If they get our money right away, we need our gems right away.

    www.leagueofshadowsclan.com
    The Swashbuckler- This pirate is only interested in the loot he can plunder. Armed with a pistol, compass, and a bottle o' rum, your swashbucklers will forever be a threat to your opponents resources. Please bombard Supercell with requests for this new DE troop!
    #cocswashbuckler

  7. #7
    He who has not yet claimed his title dahimi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Hello Kitty Adventure Island
    Posts
    10,807
    Quote Originally Posted by Geraldjo View Post
    I am surprised this is the first time Supercell has heard that their solution doesn't work. Also waiting 1-2 days for your gems to arrive is rediculous. The bank takes my money out in less than 1-2 days. The point of buying gems is so that you won't have to wait to store gold or elixir, and won't have to wait for things to build. If they get our money right away, we need our gems right away.
    I agree, your gems should show up instantly or within a couple of minutes. My comment was addressing the FAQ which comes into play if it doesn't work as it should.

    You're not waiting a day or two for the gems to show up. You're waiting a day or two to see if iTunes charges you for gems you did not receive.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Geraldjo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    LEAGUEofSHADOWS
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by dahimi View Post
    I agree, your gems should show up instantly or within a couple of minutes. My comment was addressing the FAQ which comes into play if it doesn't work as it should.

    You're not waiting a day or two for the gems to show up. You're waiting a day or two to see if iTunes charges you for gems you did not receive.
    They charge you. Every single time

    www.leagueofshadowsclan.com
    The Swashbuckler- This pirate is only interested in the loot he can plunder. Armed with a pistol, compass, and a bottle o' rum, your swashbucklers will forever be a threat to your opponents resources. Please bombard Supercell with requests for this new DE troop!
    #cocswashbuckler

  9. #9
    He who has not yet claimed his title dahimi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Hello Kitty Adventure Island
    Posts
    10,807
    Quote Originally Posted by Geraldjo View Post
    They charge you. Every single time
    I'm sure they do.

    However, until you get charged, your support complaint is merely buying gems didn't work. This is a lower level support complaint than being charged for gems you didn't receive.

    I'm merely making a suggestion for the FAQ to avoid being double charged.

    Basically:
    Buy Gems->Don't Receive->Wait for iTunes Charge to Show Up->Contact Support

    Instead of:
    Buy Gems->Don't Receive->Buy Again->Get Double Charged->Contact Support

  10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #10
    Rauta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    932
    Changed it to this:
    While most of the transactions go smoothly, sometimes an answer from Apple or our servers might be slower than usual or might result in errors. Please wait some time and see if they will arrive. If this doesn't help, quit and restart the game. Your gems should be credited to you. If this doesn't help, please contact our customer support at clashofclans.feedback@supercell.net and our support will help you as soon as possible.
    We need to localize all FAQ entries and the next version's texts are already sent to be localized. Because of this, I removed the whole entry form the FAQ for the next version, but it will reappear in the version after the next one. Meanwhile, I am tracking down all the non-game FAQs we have and changing this there. Let me know if I missed any.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •