Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: NORDIC CLASH, how it felt as a player

NORDIC CLASH, how it felt as a player

What a weekend, met some great people and had lots of fun. Been reading all-kind of comments and would like to reply to them with an inside look on the whole tournament.

On Saturday we rehearsed the whole live feed twice. So basically we sat at the tables for eight hours. The tables were really hot because of the lights. It felt like we had been in the sauna for the whole day. In the evening we were all quite exhausted.

On Sunday we also did a rehearsal, so it was a long day for us. Luckily we had a one hour break as the audience came in and settled down.

During the break the tension was rising. We would have to sit still at the tables for the next two 2,5 hours, no breaks this time. I think the magnitude of it all hit us when the director called out 1 minute until we go live. Sitting there behind the hot table, hot lights bearing down on us, crowd chanting around us and the thought of many thousands of players watching the live feed didn't help. So we were already exhausted and really, REALLY nervous. To try and compare it to something, to me it felt like if I'm used to shooting hoops in my back garden and suddenly i was in the NBA finals and about to make the decisive game ending throw.

4,3,2,1 and go live. We only had 15 minutes of prep time before the actual war began.We had designated players that would do the live attacks. And they had to wait for a signal from the director when to attack. Grønland from the Danish team had it the worst. He only had a few minutes to look at a base, make the army and then attack. I was the third live attacker, waiting for the directors sign was like waiting for the henchmans axe to fall down.

Got the sign and boom, my mind went blank…where was i supposed to attack. My hand was shaking so bad that i was really worried that I'm gonna drop two spells instead of one. I have used pretty much the same army composition for years and done thousand of raids. I always attack with dragons and i have to say that its a 99% one star and maybe 50-60% two star, never a three star. Well you all saw how it went, luckily got a one star. Second attack was better and got two stars.

Have read a lot of comments on the attacks of the players and people thinking that how could we be the best what nordic had to offer. The definition of best is quite hard to define. All of the players were seasoned veterans and really good attackers. The surroundings were so unusual and the pressure was immense.

And i think in a good way this probably opened the myth about top players. People seem to have an image that top players take 3 stars from maxed bases each and every time. This just isn't true. I don't know if its because of youtube videos that show top players making these three star raids. What they fail to mention is the hundreds of 1 and 2 star raids and the occasional losses. 3 stars raids are really rare. Taking 3 stars in actual wars is a completely different subject and can be discussed in another thread.

Hope this opened up things to you guys and I'm more then happy to answer any questions. Some of the other players from the tournament will also answer questions. Thanks for reading and clash on…
    Best Regards
    James
    FINLANDIA, Leader

www.clashofclans.fi

Wow, that must of been nerve racking

Thausands, of clashers watching.

You did a great job, would've been worse if your drags wondered and got 0 from it

They should make normal tournaments for all us clashers tho

Banned
    That's really cool!

How were the youtubers like Molt, Nick, Galadon and Chief Pat? Did you talk to them (without camera's), and if yes, how were they? Did they act high class or were they real nice?

Millennial Club RuthlessBarbarian's Avatar
    Thank you for such a great recap! I watched for a little and could tell that I would much rather spend 10 minutes in that room versus watching an hour on youtube

>We only had 15 minutes of prep time before the actual war began

Would be great to have this in real wars! This whole 24 prep just creates more problems than helping IMO

> And i think in a good way this probably opened the myth about top players. People seem to have an image that top players take 3 stars from maxed bases each and every time. This just isn't true. I don't know if its because of youtube videos that show top players making these three star raids.

You are spot on! Some "war pros" never fail on youtube I however could confirm that I've seen awesome 3s and horrible raids from the same legendary players. Most of youtube however sees only "epic raids".

Bottom line - it was fun to watch and I cannot wait to see same tournament in USA (California hopefully).

Quote Originally Posted by Floris2410 View Post
    That's really cool!

How were the youtubers like Molt, Nick, Galadon and Chief Pat? Did you talk to them (without camera's), and if yes, how were they? Did they act high class or were they real nice?
    Really nice guys all of them. Met Pat and Galadon earlier. I think this was Molt and Nick's first time hosting anything. I think they all performed superbly.
    Best Regards
    James
    FINLANDIA, Leader

www.clashofclans.fi

Well written James, good stuff ! It was really awesome event and must have been really nerve wrecking to be in middle of all those cameras. Was also nice to meet you .
    Boom Beach Lvl 63 - Hq 22
    Hay Day Lvl 115 - Barn 4450 - Silo 4450
    Smash Land Lvl 30 - 48 Crowns
    Add me - GC: GepardiX

Fresh Spawn
    Saturday and Sunday with rehersals and real live event all in all included 480 war raids. In all, there was only preformed two, three star attacks. Those two raids were on bases that no one would use in a war (multiplayer bases) Grønland from Denmark, and Nial from Sweden made those two raids.

This shows me that three star raids is a combination of skill, luck and lots of preparation.

As a participant from Denmark I can definitely say that James describes the event very accuratly. Everybody was nervous, but it was an experience that I will alvays look back on with a great smile on my face.

Rold - Danish captain
    LVL 200- Leader in: Holger Danske! #28R9YGL- Clan for Danish Topplayers.

Thanks for sharing! It was a wonderful event to watch from the web, and a big thumbs up to all the players who participated. It must have been as much fun as terror to be there live and raid
    All your base are belong to us

❤️
    ฅ•ω•ฅ

It was a crazy event - SO much work went into it by so many people, and hanging out with 40 of the best clashers around was an honour.
    Now retired from YouTube, feel free to say hi I always like a good chat
    I still run my twitter account it's @daddy_clash (although I rarely tweet)

Well said James! It was really hot and exhausting weekend for us all. Unfortunately we didn't win, but it was fun and I hope we get a chance to play against swedes some time again. 😘👍