Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: youtube monetization on clash of clans videos

Fresh Spawn

youtube monetization on clash of clans videos

hello i was wondering if i can monetize my clash of clans videos on youtube. does anyone know i if i need to contact someone with written permission. i do a commentary over it. can someone please help?

thats a good question lol, my guess is that you technically need permission before making the videos in the first place? i don't know.
    IGN: TheLastClan lvl: 158 and th10
    in "REQ N ♥♥♥♥"
    i suppose it would serve no purpose to inform you that im awesome

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastClan View Post
    thats a good question lol, my guess is that you technically need permission before making the videos in the first place? i don't know.
    it was supposed to monetize becuase of fair use... but i guess i have to get permisson becuase youtube will not le tme monetize it.

If you add value to the videos you will be fine.

So posting videos of you playing - not monetisable
    Posting videos of you talking about what you are doing and playing - monetisable

But my advice is don't monetise your videos until you have a loyal viewer base who value your videos or the ads might put people off.
    Now retired from YouTube, feel free to say hi I always like a good chat
    I still run my twitter account it's @daddy_clash (although I rarely tweet)

Fresh Spawn
    i am talking while doing the video about the thing that is happening in the video yet when i say it is fair use youtube needs more informaiton after i sent them my first thing they asked for, for me to tell them about how i owned the rights to my video.

Technically, all video of Clash of Clans gameplay is owned by Supercell and not allowed for monetization by others. However, it remains in their hands whether or not to seek out people monetizing their videos. If they file a claim with Youtube, you would not be able to benefit from it.

「 ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⚡JENNYYY ⚡
    ⠀ ⠀HQ21
    ◉ LEVEL: 61 ◉ VP: 1130 ◉ TF: #2YVVUUPC
    ⠀ ⠀⠀⠀♛ 40.17.17.15 - 32.13.12 - 33 - 33 - 27 ♛ ⠀⠀⠀⠀」

this is basically it, however there are literally hundreds of thousands of monetised clash of clans views played per day ... probably half a million and more

Quote Originally Posted by jenniifuh View Post
    Technically, all video of Clash of Clans gameplay is owned by Supercell and not allowed for monetization by others. However, it remains in their hands whether or not to seek out people monetizing their videos. If they file a claim with Youtube, you would not be able to benefit from it.
    Now retired from YouTube, feel free to say hi I always like a good chat
    I still run my twitter account it's @daddy_clash (although I rarely tweet)

Quote Originally Posted by q2foou View Post
    hello i was wondering if i can monetize my clash of clans videos on youtube. does anyone know i if i need to contact someone with written permission. i do a commentary over it. can someone please help?
    I recommend u don't monetize your content, because it will stunt the growth on your channel as many leave when adds come. Also, you will make next to no money. You get $1 per 1000 add views. Then you take into account the amount of people using add block, and other factors. you will be making $1 for around every 3000 views on tour videos. Is those few dollars worth it to you? But i don't know how to monetize your videos... Sorry.

Every time this topic comes, I scratch my head... :eek:

But yea, boils down to that "Do you need those few bucks ?"

Although its nice to get rewarded for the vids you pump out, the are certain risk in getting your channel totally banned as well.

Centennial Club
    Many Call of Duty players monetize their videos so there's no reason you can't do the same with Clash of Clans videos. However, the $5 you will make per video is very little and causes you to run the risk of being sued.