View Poll Results: How should the Target Button work?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • View Recommended Target (state why?)

0 0%
  • View Base Mirror (state why?)

0 0%
  • View Flagged Base (state why?)

8 100.00%
  • This should NOT be added (state why?)

0 0%

Thread: NEW WAR FUNCTION: Target viewer button (With Pictures!)

NEW WAR FUNCTION: Target viewer button (With Pictures!)

Hello forumers!

I have recently thought of a brand new addition to the functionality of clan wars. So today, I have decided to finally put pen to paper!

Introducing: the Target Button!

For the function of what this button can do, it will be up to you (the forumers) to decide based on a poll. Overall, we have three options:

Option 1. When the Target Button is tapped, the Clash client will automatically transport the base view to the recommended target on the opposite clan's side. This will work for both when viewing an enemy base or a clanmate's base.

Option 2.
    When the Target Button is tapped, the Clash client will automatically transport the base view to the same base number on the opposite clan's side (the base's mirror number). This will work for both when viewing an enemy base or a clanmate's base.

Option 3. When the Target Button is tapped, the Clash client will automatically transport the base view to a "marked" target, if implemented (which means a flagged base that the player plans on attacking in war). If viewing a clanmate's base, will transport the viewer to the base the player has flagged. If viewing an enemy's base, will transport the viewer to the base of whom they were flagged by.

Advantages:
    ---Will make viewing opposite bases take less time (less taps, less time in the clouds)
    ---Will make coordinating attacks more efficient when discussing with other clan members

Disadvantages:
    ---Players may complain that the button does not suit their, if it isn't their recommended target, or if it isn't their mirror (base flagging would fix this issue).

*Remember, when the "Target" button is tapped, you will be looking at the opposite enemy's base, not the war map!

Thank you for reading! Please leave feedback as questions, suggestions, and opinions, and don't forget to vote on the poll! Please choose one option for how this should work and state why!
    Last edited by FunkyFundoshi; August 11th, 2015 at 02:25 AM.
    FunkyFundoshi Lvl65 | Clan: I love travel
    Check out my COC!

Threads: Graphical Changes That Would Make COC Look Nicer || NEW WAR FUNCTION: Target Viewer Button (With Pictures!)

Yes

Yeah, the flags would work well as confirmation on who you are going to attack when you have discussed it in chat first.
    Last edited by dsgaa; August 10th, 2015 at 07:40 PM.

In bed, waiting for my Townhall to be Level 11
    I've been thinking about this as well but didnt know how to say it. Its a great idea and should be added !

Agree

I agree, having some way to show you have "called" that base is essential. You build an army for a specific base, and then find out that someone else attacked it.

This would definitely prevent that.

SoloZ

Quote Originally Posted by dsgaa View Post
    Yeah, the flags would work well as confirmation on who you are going to attack when you have discussed it in chat first.
    Thanks for the support!
    Check out my COC!

Threads: Graphical Changes That Would Make COC Look Nicer || NEW WAR FUNCTION: Target Viewer Button (With Pictures!)

Out of curiosity, I’m going to keep typing just to see if this has a limit... nothing so far.
    The flagged part of the thread would honestly be a brilliant idea; sure there's always a couple cons to ideas... But it would be a great addition to coordinate attacks more effectively than using some out of game app to do all of that.
    Click on the picture to find out more

Quote Originally Posted by Coolepik View Post
    I've been thinking about this as well but didnt know how to say it. Its a great idea and should be added !
    Thank you for the support! I appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by SoloZ View Post
    I agree, having some way to show you have "called" that base is essential. You build an army for a specific base, and then find out that someone else attacked it.

This would definitely prevent that.

SoloZ
    Thank you for the support! I was thinking that the flag is only there for a visual reminder, and would have to restrictions on who can attack a base. However, the mechanics of the flagging system would require an entirely new thread, which I may or may not create. This option would work only if this feature was added. Again, I appreciate the support! Thank you.
    Check out my COC!

Quote Originally Posted by Avery99 View Post
    The flagged part of the thread would honestly be a brilliant idea; sure there's always a couple cons to ideas... But it would be a great addition to coordinate attacks more effectively than using some out of game app to do all of that.
    Thanks for the support!
    Check out my COC!