View Poll Results: Do You Like The Overseer?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (Post your support)

    7 50.00%
  • No (Post why)

    4 28.57%
  • Needs work (Post why)

    3 21.43%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Turn Heads and Crush Buildings With the New Overseer

  1. #1
    Catherine Theking8133's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    ILLUMINATI BABY CHARGE!!!
    Posts
    1,760

    Turn Heads and Crush Buildings With the New Overseer

    Before I start, Credit to AnthonyVince for helping with this

    Table Of Contents:
    I. Opening Statement
    II. Backstory
    III. Picture
    IV. Troop desc. (Words)
    V. Troop desc. (Table)
    VI. FAQ
    VII. Ending Statement


    I.
    My newest troop, the overseer, will turn heads in the battlefield, quite literally. However, before going into the powers of my newest troop, you should here his backstory.

    II.
    ​One day, Jeffrey the Giant and his war party were marching along to their newest base to raid. However, en rout to the war base, the group of giants got separated from the rest of the army. Jeffrey suggested that the rest of the giants attempt to find there way back to base. However, half way to their base, Jeffrey and his friends encountered a few wild Golems. Although the Giants fought bravely, their rock counterparts were able to easily crush all of Jeffrey's friends, leaving only a few survivors. In anger, Jeffrey charged the enemy army. However, before being able to hit a Golem, one of there Rock arms hit him square in the chest. He was then blasted back, into a pool of Dark Elixir. When Jeffrey emerged from the pool, what appeared was a hideous sight. His head, had turned into a giant eyeball, and had lost a substantial amount of his body weight. The Golems then left there current target's, and charged Jeffrey. However, before they could even get in range of Jeffery, he gunned them down, shooting a blueish liquid out of his eye. One Golem, however WAS able to make it to Jeffery. Once hit, Jeffery released a large attack from his eye dealing massive damage to his final opponent. The surviving giants celebrated the success of there defense, and returned home. When the Giants returned and recounted the tales of there tragic journey, Jeffrey was immediately sent into the lab, for the wizards to attempt to figure out how to safely make more of his kind.

    III.My overseer would look SOMETHING like this:


    IV.
    Pretty much a thin looking giant, with new clothes, and a giant eyeball head. He would have a fast move speed, a little bit below a Lava Hound. He would have medium health, which would be supplemented by his high damage. He would cost about 435 DE, and would have a 35 minute build time. He has no preferred target, and would be unlocked at DB7. His housing space is 25, His attack speed would be 1 second, and would deal a bit more damage than the DPS of a dragon. When under attack, however, his damage doubles, dealing mass damage to his targets. In order to balance this, the troop takes reduced healing while under attack. This troop also attracts the damage of troops within a starting range of 5 tiles. If multiple Overseer's are in range of a defense, it target's whichever was there first. It then targets the closest overseer.

    V.
    Preferred Target Attack Type Housing Space Training Time Movement Speed Attack Speed Dark Barracks Level Required Range
    None Melee (Ground & Air) 20 35m 18 2s 7 3 tile
    Level Damage per second Damage per attack Damage while Attacked Healing while Attacked Attraction
    Range
    Hitpoints Training Cost Research Cost Laboratory Level Required Research Time
    1 95 190 380 50% 5 2,100 435 N/A N/A N/A
    2 105 210 420 55% 5.2 2,500 465 70,000 8 12 days
    3 115 230 460 60% 5.5 2,900 525 80,000 9 14 days

    VI.
    FAQ:

    Q: Isn't A 500 DPS really OP?

    A: It would be if this troop was any tankier. However, with it's health of around a dragon, it isn't that bad. It's still weaker than a P.E.K.K.A. and lower DPS also.

    Q: Does the attack look any different when he's under attack?

    A: In my imagination, yes. Although Anthony gave me the idea for the power, when he suggested it I imagined it being a much larger beam, traveling faster (Does not change attack speed), than a regular attack.



    Q: How does the attraction work on Inferno Towers set to Multiple?

    A: If only 1 is used, it targets only that one. If multiple are used, it will still only target the Overseers.



    Q: Why does the range of his defense attraction go up? Wouldn't we WANT him to live longer?

    A: Yes, he would live longer if the defense attraction went down, which is one of the main reasons I consider him balanced. However, The more time defenses are attacking him, the stronger his attacks are.


    VII.
    Thank you for taking your time to read this, please vote in the poll and leave some comments on this. I would appreciate any ideas you have, and problems you have, and anything else you wish to say. Please comment WHY you voted for what you voted for in the poll. If you say needs improvement, how am I supposed to fix it if you don't post what is wrong? I'm not just going to change parts of the idea at random and HOPE I fix what you want.
    Last edited by Theking8133; August 12th, 2015 at 09:33 PM.
    My best threads: The Overseer, Flying Shark,Shockwave Spell, Empusa, FLAMEingo
    Quote Originally Posted by raidingisfun View Post
    Be careful, soon they are going to start charging for pointless threads on the forums too. A lot of you are going to be broke!

  2. #2
    Catherine Theking8133's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    ILLUMINATI BABY CHARGE!!!
    Posts
    1,760

    Update Log

    These are the updates I have made to my page:

    8/8
    * housing space lowered

    * general grammar fixes


    8/11
    * DPS lowered slightly


    8/12
    * Reduced healing while under attack
    * Housing space raised
    * Attack speed increased
    Last edited by Theking8133; August 12th, 2015 at 04:46 PM.
    My best threads: The Overseer, Flying Shark,Shockwave Spell, Empusa, FLAMEingo
    Quote Originally Posted by raidingisfun View Post
    Be careful, soon they are going to start charging for pointless threads on the forums too. A lot of you are going to be broke!

  3. #3
    Forum Veteran J1M808's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Trying to explain to Amanda Seyfried what "Give us the ring my Precious eyes" are :smirk:
    Posts
    1,841
    Seems very interesting so what you're saying is clan castle troops automatically target him and he does double damage to them at a long and short range?

    Thank you DragonX01 for my fantastic Sig!

    Banny Veniks #YUOROVO8

  4. #4
    Catherine Theking8133's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    ILLUMINATI BABY CHARGE!!!
    Posts
    1,760
    Quote Originally Posted by J1M808 View Post
    Seems very interesting so what you're saying is clan castle troops automatically target him and he does double damage to them at a long and short range?
    Something like that. What it means is that it draws fire from CC troops and buildings, and when it is under attack he does double damage.
    My best threads: The Overseer, Flying Shark,Shockwave Spell, Empusa, FLAMEingo
    Quote Originally Posted by raidingisfun View Post
    Be careful, soon they are going to start charging for pointless threads on the forums too. A lot of you are going to be broke!

  5. #5
    Forum Veteran J1M808's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Trying to explain to Amanda Seyfried what "Give us the ring my Precious eyes" are :smirk:
    Posts
    1,841
    Quote Originally Posted by Theking8133 View Post
    Something like that. What it means is that it draws fire from CC troops and buildings, and when it is under attack he does double damage.
    Ok sounds good however the HP may need to be raised as one of these guys would draw all the fire and just get mashed straight away..

    Edit: I know it's high already but I would say a bit higher would make it a bit more useful
    Last edited by J1M808; August 7th, 2015 at 12:06 PM.

    Thank you DragonX01 for my fantastic Sig!

    Banny Veniks #YUOROVO8

  6. #6
    Catherine Theking8133's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    ILLUMINATI BABY CHARGE!!!
    Posts
    1,760
    Quote Originally Posted by J1M808 View Post
    Ok sounds good however the HP may need to be raised as one of these guys would draw all the fire and just get mashed straight away..

    Edit: I know it's high already but I would say a bit higher would make it a bit more useful
    OK, I raised the health slightly. Trying not to make it to tanky though.

    On a side note, While I was gone the idea dropped 2 stars, yet no post or even vote WHY this person doesn't like the idea. I would appreciate it, as I am always trying to improve on my idea.
    My best threads: The Overseer, Flying Shark,Shockwave Spell, Empusa, FLAMEingo
    Quote Originally Posted by raidingisfun View Post
    Be careful, soon they are going to start charging for pointless threads on the forums too. A lot of you are going to be broke!

  7. #7
    Catherine Theking8133's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    ILLUMINATI BABY CHARGE!!!
    Posts
    1,760
    It's been brought to my attention that the Housing space is a bit high for the troop, so I'm lowering it down to 15.
    My best threads: The Overseer, Flying Shark,Shockwave Spell, Empusa, FLAMEingo
    Quote Originally Posted by raidingisfun View Post
    Be careful, soon they are going to start charging for pointless threads on the forums too. A lot of you are going to be broke!

  8. #8
    Junior Member Cl4UD0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Training in the barracks
    Posts
    51
    This would be cool to see in the game

  9. #9
    Catherine Theking8133's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    ILLUMINATI BABY CHARGE!!!
    Posts
    1,760
    Quote Originally Posted by Cl4UD0 View Post
    This would be cool to see in the game
    glad to hear you like it.
    My best threads: The Overseer, Flying Shark,Shockwave Spell, Empusa, FLAMEingo
    Quote Originally Posted by raidingisfun View Post
    Be careful, soon they are going to start charging for pointless threads on the forums too. A lot of you are going to be broke!

  10. #10
    Pro Member Jackdopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    We're going to Infest.
    Posts
    742
    An Excellent idea! Don't make it look like a giant though, make it its own troop.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •