View Poll Results: How is my idea?

Voters
241. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I like this idea

157 65.15%
  • No, I do not like this idea

45 18.67%
  • I like this idea, but needs fixes(Please specify)

39 16.18%
Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647

Thread: New Troop: CANNONEER!

Sitting near a fire with some Barbarians and Valkyries(\/alhalla)
    Quote Originally Posted by falconer344 View Post
    Jaron this is a nice thread! The troop is pretty well balanced,(better than some of supercells) and I think it would be a good addition to COC.
    I'm glad you like the idea. Let me know if you have any questions later on.

Shouting "FUS RO DAH" at Dragons on Skuldafn.
    I like your idea for this troop, although maybe some defenses could do extra damage to it for balancing? Also, how did you get the custom troop gui?

Quote Originally Posted by TheChunkMaster View Post
    I like your idea for this troop, although maybe some defenses could do extra damage to it for balancing? Also, how did you get the custom troop gui?
    I'm glad you like the idea. For the last year I've played at TH11 continuously, and now I see level15 cannon and archer towers. If I thought there should be any counter balance I'd have done so with this concept by now. I agree with many how TH11 is a little too defense-orientated at this time, so I don't think extra damage from certain defenses on this troop is necessary, especially since we recently got level15 cannons and archer towers.

There was, however, extra damage from bombs and giant bombs a while ago, but decided it wasn't necessary since this troop will most likely never get hit by any. Even if it did, I'm sure players would be be angry about it. Besides, I don't think big troops like this that could have a significant impact in certain situations should be so squishy to bombs. The chances are low, anyway. It was also slightly unoriginal.

Shouting "FUS RO DAH" at Dragons on Skuldafn.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaronhudson15 View Post
    Glad you like it, and thanks for the support!
    The troop is unique, well-balanced, and useful. I like it.
    Vex Encryption? Unbreakable? Hah. So they say.

Quote Originally Posted by TheChunkMaster View Post
    The troop is unique, well-balanced, and useful. I like it.
    Again, I'm glad you like it. Clash of clans would be more interesting with new troops in general at this point.

Nice! This would be a troop Id be glad to use, it brings Some other strategies to the game. I like it!

I think this is a very good idea

Quote Originally Posted by Lennardzuur View Post
    Nice! This would be a troop I’d be glad to use, it brings Some other strategies to the game. I like it!
    I'm glad you like it. I love me some strategy, I think this concept would work just fine with other troops.

Quote Originally Posted by Exximentile View Post
    I think this is a very good idea
    I'm glad you like it.

So I didn't go through all 468 posts to find an answer to the following question, so please forgive me if this has been asked:

What's this troop's initial firing rate?

A 3 second delay before making the first shot would make this troop nigh on unusable. I struggled a lot with balloons before their first attack speed was buffed. If the rocketeer has a similar attack rate to current balloons, then I think they'd work quite well.

I never got used to the Ice Wizard. I didn't try very hard, due to its limited time nature, but this troop reminds me in many ways of the Ice Wizard. Keeping in mind the popularity of that troop, I think for creativity's sake, I'd prefer the rocketeer. Like frozen defenses though, I think some sort of hue or effect should be added to weakened defenses. I'm envisioning a red tint, similar to the orange tint of poisoned troops.

I'm not going to recommend a change, but I do have concerns with the range of this troop. I know how much the AQ is able to get away with, considering how long her range is, and I think troops this powerful would have a hay day with range like that. But it's hard for me to really make that call without being able to actually play with it.

I think this would be a really interesting troop to add to the mix. I like the uniqueness (barring the temporary Ice Wizard) that it brings to the table, and the special ability which is unprecedented in Clash
    Cloud Control - Why are clouds so terrible, and what are the possible ways to get rid of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiler View Post
    So I didn't go through all 468 posts to find an answer to the following question, so please forgive me if this has been asked:

What's this troop's initial firing rate?

A 3 second delay before making the first shot would make this troop nigh on unusable. I struggled a lot with balloons before their first attack speed was buffed. If the rocketeer has a similar attack rate to current balloons, then I think they'd work quite well.

I never got used to the Ice Wizard. I didn't try very hard, due to its limited time nature, but this troop reminds me in many ways of the Ice Wizard. Keeping in mind the popularity of that troop, I think for creativity's sake, I'd prefer the rocketeer. Like frozen defenses though, I think some sort of hue or effect should be added to weakened defenses. I'm envisioning a red tint, similar to the orange tint of poisoned troops.

I'm not going to recommend a change, but I do have concerns with the range of this troop. I know how much the AQ is able to get away with, considering how long her range is, and I think troops this powerful would have a hay day with range like that. But it's hard for me to really make that call without being able to actually play with it.

I think this would be a really interesting troop to add to the mix. I like the uniqueness (barring the temporary Ice Wizard) that it brings to the table, and the special ability which is unprecedented in Clash
    I think it's safe to assume we'd be seeing quick first attacks, it would make sense with the way things are now.

As for the range, I did a lot of on-screen calculating with tiles and decided 4 was a nice number for how big the troop is and what if does. 5 seems high because the Archer queen is usually always under healers or behind tanks and can reach far across some walls. It's safe to say the Rocketeer will not be as versatile as her due to the 1 tile difference, and from a theoretical perspective I can only assume a tank and/or healers will be needed just as much as the queen would need.

I'm glad you like it, and thank you for your input.