Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New DE Farming Attack Method: LoonBAM

New DE Farming Attack Method: LoonBAM

LoonBAM

Hey everyone, itís Ash and today Iím going to share a new method of farming Dark Elixir that is both very efficient and very effective. I have actually been using this method for quite a while and even had videos ready, but then the next day the Air Sweeper comes out and I had to scrap the idea for some time as I had no idea how much the new Air Sweeper would affect this strategy. But after more testing with it and the Air Sweeper in play, it turns out, the Air Sweeper has very little impact on this strategy. And this strategy is still very effective and an excellent way of getting Dark Elixir.

My video explanation and demonstration of the attack:

I know that BAM is a pretty tough army to steal Dark Elixir from storages, it requires a lot of skill. This new composition utilizes Balloons with BAM to make raids easier. And I know that Balloons take a while to cook so theyíre very inefficient to farm with if youíre not boosting. However, this composition only requires a few Balloons, so itís really not going to hurt your efficiency much. Also, I know many people like to use compositions such as Balloonion and the new Super Queen strategy where you use the Archer Queen as a bunch of Healers to get the Dark Elixir. Those compositions in my opinion are not really great farming compositions. And thatís one of the main reasons why you donít see me farming with them. I wanna help you guys farm faster, not wait an hour to cook up an army just to get 2000 Dark Elixir from a raid. With my methods, youíre going to learn to make a lot more Dark Elixir in the same amount of time.

Also, I want to state that BAM isnít a good army composition to boost your barracks on, since you can already train it very quickly. But this composition with Loons and BAM is ideal for people who boost and want to make tons of Dark Elixir faster. Itís a much more superior method of farming Dark Elixir fast compared to the popular Balloonion and Super Queen strategies that people spend tons of gems on boosting for.

How do I train my troops with this composition?

You can train it many ways depending on whether you obtain the Balloons as Clan Castle troops, or cook them yourself. If you obtain them from donations, then you can just normally cook a BAM army with your Clan Castle Balloons like this:

Barracks 1 & 2 = 2 Wall Breakers and rest Barbarians in each Barrack
    Barracks 3 & 4 = 2 Wall Breakers and rest Archers in each Barracks
    Dark Barracks 1 & 2 = 8 Minions each

You should have 8 Wall Breakers and 16 Minions with a bunch of Barbarians and Archers and some Balloons in your Clan Castle

If you wish to boost but wish to also save gems, you can use the very gem-friendly 2 Barracks boosted method:

Boosted Barrack 1 = 4 Wall Breakers, 4 Balloons, rest Barbarians
    Boosted Barrack 2 = 4 Wall Breakers, 4 Balloons, rest Archers
    Unboosted Barrack 3 = All Barbarians
    Unboosted Barrack 4 = All Archers

How do I attack with this composition?

1. Spread out a few Barbarians outside the base to test for Giant Bombs.
    2. Start by first sending out your Balloons and using a Haste Spell or Rage Spell to allow your Balloons to quickly remove defenses out of the way. Your main target should be Wizard Towers or Mortars, try to get rid of them with your Balloons.
    3. At the same time, spread out Barbarians to go towards the Rage or Haste Spell AND, at the same time, send out a bunch of Wall Breakers towards the Rage or Haste Spell to allow them to quickly open up multiple layers of walls. The Barbarians will shield the Wall Breakers.
    4. The Balloons will remove a bunch of defenses out of the way, while the Wall Breakers will open up multiple layers of walls. This will make it very easy for your Barbarians and Archers to go straight for the Dark Elixir Storage. Rage Spell lasts for 10 seconds, to make sure to take advantage of those 10 seconds as much as you can.
    5. If somehow you still couldnít get the Dark Elixir, donít worry! You have a Plan B, which are your Minions. So if thereís still Dark Elixir remaining, send in your Minions to finish it off. You dont have to worry about AIr Bombs because your Balloons have already traveled through the direction of the DE Storage and have activated all the Air Bombs in your way.
    6. Watch my video explanation which will show you just how I attack using this composition. Itís a very easy to learn attack and is also very effective and efficient, so youíll be making tons of Dark Elixir fast!!!
    Ash - Clash of Clans & Clash Royale - YouTube
    (Stategy, Tutorials, Guides, Gameplay)

Twitter | Facebook | My Forum Guides

Fresh Spawn

ASAP ... thank's

ill try this method for get heroes maxs

thx

Quote Originally Posted by kucai View Post
    ill try this method for get heroes maxs

thx

Let me know how you guys are doing with this method

interesting .. weird but interesting
    Started Playing - June 10, 2014
    Th 11 / IGN - Sir Diego / Lv - 148 / Bk - lv 30/ Aq - lv 35 /
    GG - 980m / EE - 928m / HH - 4,070,000 /
    Nice & Tidy - 4978 / Lv 11 walls - 4/300 / FIN - 98.5k / WH - 593
    Clan - Bat Flip Kings - Co Leader

Super Queen is slow?!?

i don't get why you say dark elixir farming with SQ is slow and requires lots of gems. I never used it, 'cause i'm just a newbie th8, but i see it differently.

Barracks 1, 2 & 3 filled with healers, wich take 15 minutes each to train.
    Barrack 4 filled with whatever you need (preferably wallbreakers, or just a bunch of barch) that cooks in a 15 minutes time.
    Dark Barracks 1 & 2 filled with minions up to a 15 minutes time, that is a total of 40 minions.

If you'd train an unnecessary number of 8 wb you'll have:

Queen
    3x healers
    40x minions
    8x wbs
    1x poison
    no other particular spell needed

With a total cost of 54k elixir and 495 dark elixir, a training time of 15 minutes (which drops to ~13min if you considera that this Queen walk attack lasts longer than usual barch, gibarch or bam raids), and a housing space of 138, this kind of raid is highly fast and cost effective.

Aiming for the 50% in masters will cover the training cost of the army and you usually will be able to get some collectors or storages in the process, so i can't see really much flaws in this strategy.

What am i missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Genbu View Post
    i don't get why you say dark elixir farming with SQ is slow and requires lots of gems. I never used it, 'cause i'm just a newbie th8, but i see it differently.

Barracks 1, 2 & 3 filled with healers, wich take 15 minutes each to train.
    Barrack 4 filled with whatever you need (preferably wallbreakers, or just a bunch of barch) that cooks in a 15 minutes time.
    Dark Barracks 1 & 2 filled with minions up to a 15 minutes time, that is a total of 40 minions.

If you'd train an unnecessary number of 8 wb you'll have:

Queen
    3x healers
    40x minions
    8x wbs
    1x poison
    no other particular spell needed

With a total cost of 54k elixir and 495 dark elixir, a training time of 15 minutes (which drops to ~13min if you considera that this Queen walk attack lasts longer than usual barch, gibarch or bam raids), and a housing space of 138, this kind of raid is highly fast and cost effective.

Aiming for the 50% in masters will cover the training cost of the army and you usually will be able to get some collectors or storages in the process, so i can't see really much flaws in this strategy.

What am i missing?
    No one's going to Super Queen with 3 Healers. Also, asking for 50% with that composition in Masters is also asking for a lot. And you're also neglecting the necessity of multiple spells. I would be extremely surprised if that composition got you far inside a base.

But of course as you've mentioned, you've never tried this attack so you're unaware of just how effective it is, and how risky of an attack it is, and how long it takes to find a base suitable for the attack, etc.

Centennial Club
    I have been testing this combo. It seems to be working well, but I feel that it is more useful for a "sporadic" style of attacker who doesn't boost.

Even if the person boosts 2 barracks as you suggest, it would still take about 12/13 minutes for the army to brew. Factor in attack time and search time, you're looking at 4 attacks per hour at best. Waiting more than 5 min between attacks is way too much IMO for a boost sesh. And you can't really employ the 165 troop rule with this.

If your average is 2k per attack, that's 8k per hour or 16k per boost session.
    Also, factor in this attack literally requires you to use a rage spell each time to work, which increases the total elixir cost too.

I think for this to rival against Barch or BAM you're gonna need to boost all 4 barracks.

So BAM/Barch intuitively seems to be more efficient gemwise and elixirwise.

I suppose if you do a 2hr sesh with this, we can readily compare it to your other vid where you did it with BAM

Really like this strategy. I'm not only using it to farm DE, but it's also great for farming gold and elixir. I only need to learn to use less spells :-P

So, tyvm for this strategy :-)

My clan has no time to give any cc loons nor I like to use gems in Barracks .Then how should I use this composition.

Quote Originally Posted by RegularJohn View Post
    Really like this strategy. I'm not only using it to farm DE, but it's also great for farming gold and elixir. I only need to learn to use less spells :-P

So, tyvm for this strategy :-)
    Awesome. Thank you for sharing your results!

Quote Originally Posted by SJain View Post
    My clan has no time to give any cc loons nor I like to use gems in Barracks .Then how should I use this composition.
    You'll just have to wait cook Balloons and wait then. Or you can try BAM which is suited better for people who don't boost. Of course it won't be as easy as LoonBAM.