View Poll Results: Do you like the Empusa?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (Post your support)

10 83.33%
  • No (Post why)

2 16.67%
  • Needs work (Post why)

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Dark Troop: The Empusa

New Dark Troop: The Empusa

Table of Contents:
    I. Post intro
    II. Troop Desc.
    IIIA. Troop info Part I.
    IV. FAQ Quote
    IIIB. Troop info part II.
    V. Stats
    VI. Strategies
    VII. Closing comment

So, I have seen a lot of Greek mythology ideas, but, after a quick search only 2 people have ever done the Empusa, and they were both from over a year ago, and showed a complete lack of understanding of the myth. To get a complete understanding of my troop, here is a quick lesson on what an Empusa is.

The Empusa was Greek monster. The earliest form of a vampire, the Empusa would look like a beautiful women. When she came across a person, normally a single man she lured to her lair, she would turn into a hideous monster. Normally depicted with sharp teeth, flaming hair, and bat wings, she would drain the people of there blood.

However, as I already did a vampire idea, I am going to do something totally unique. How my troop will work is, that when you deploy the troop, it has a range of 2.5, and attacks by throwing a rock at the defense. She is, at the moment, a tank. She has about 4K health (Lower than both a golem and a lava hound, so not THAT OP.) and an attack damage of about 8. However, any building within a 10 tile radius, automatically targets her, assuming they have the range. If an inferno tower target's her, set to multiple, it will have no effect AS LONG AS ONLY 1 IS USED. If multiple are used, it only targets the Empusa. If a defense is in the range of 2+ Empusa, it targets the closer one. Now, you may be asking:

Quote Originally Posted by RandomPerson View Post
    Why would I use this troop, if it is weaker than other tanks, and automatically draws fire of so many defenses? It will die so fast!
    Well random non-existant FAQ person, you should use this idea because, as I said before, it has 2 forms. Once it gets to 1/2 health, it explodes in a ball of flame, dealing about 275 damage to anything in it's original range. Once it does this, all defenses that originally was targeting the Empusa will go to whatever normal target they would have. Once the Empusa explodes, it becomes the monster I described earlier. The troop now has a full health bar (No health change, this new form only has a 2K max health.) The Empusa then takes flight, and starts biting at the defenses. With a now 0.5 range, this troop has just became an attacking troop. It now has its 2K max health, and an attacking damage of 150. The troop has a space of 25, and, because in the myth it killed people, this troop would target towers, which has archers/wizards ETC. (Still targets inferno towers, even though they are unmanned.)
    Preferred Target Attack Type Housing Space Training Time Movement Speed Attack Speed Dark Barracks Level Required
    Towers Ground & Air 25 50m 16 (Human)
    20 (Monster)
    1.5s 7

Human Form:
    Level Damage per Second Damage per Attack Hitpoints Training Cost Research Cost Laboratory Level Required Research Time Range
    (Ranged)
    1 6 8 4,000 450 N/A N/A N/A 2.5
    2 8 12 4,200 525 70,000 8 12 days 2.5
    3 12 16 4,700 600 80,000 9 14 days

Monster Form:
    Level Transformation Duration Explosion Damage Damage per Second Damage per Attack Hitpoints Range
    (Melee)
    1 2.5s 275 100 150 2,000 0.5
    2 2.3s 325 150 200 2,200 0.5
    3 2.1s 350 210 280 2,350 0.5

Defensive Strategies:

* Set Inferno tower's to multiple, to target as many Empusa as possible.
    * Put X-bow to air mode, to target the Empusa after it transforms.
    * Place towers on the inside of your base, so the Empusa gets stalled by walls before it can attack.

Offensive Strategies:
    * Space out your Empusa to prevent an Inferno Tower from targeting them all at once.
    * Use with a Ground/Air combo army, so the Empusa is always shielded, or shielding someone.
    * Some suggested troops/army comps compositions which will work well
    *Barch+Minion *GoWiWI *LavaLoon. Any other strategies you can think of that could work, please post.

Now, please comment on this idea, all suggestions are appreciated, as long as CONSTRUCTIVE criticism (Don't just say "I hate it", say why.), and anything you need cleared up on the idea. I would appreciate any art, preferably for the monster form, as the human form can just be a normal villager. Also, please remember to vote in the poll, and, post why you voted for what.
    Last edited by Theking8133; July 17th, 2015 at 03:35 PM.
    My best threads: The Overseer, Flying Shark,Shockwave Spell, Empusa, FLAMEingo
    Quote Originally Posted by raidingisfun View Post
    Be careful, soon they are going to start charging for pointless threads on the forums too. A lot of you are going to be broke!

This post is reserved for future updates.

7/15

*Basic post formatting
    *Table of Contents added

7/17

*Strategies Added
    *Table of Contents updated
    Last edited by Theking8133; July 17th, 2015 at 03:36 PM.
    Be careful, soon they are going to start charging for pointless threads on the forums too. A lot of you are going to be broke!

Thumbs Up

Good job, I enjoy reading long thought out troop suggestions. I worry about how it would look flying around in its "monster" form and attacking towers. I think it might look weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Sreno View Post
    Good job, I enjoy reading long thought out troop suggestions. I worry about how it would look flying around in its "monster" form and attacking towers. I think it might look weird.
    Well that was fast. I was still fixing a few things with formatting and already a response.

Glad you like it, but what do you mean by looking weird, just the description of the troop, or how it attacks?

Banned
    Pretty good.....

Quote Originally Posted by Antdroid View Post
    Pretty good.....
    Glad to hear you like it.

Thanks to everyone who voted in the poll.

Trying to explain to Amanda Seyfried what "Give us the ring my Precious eyes" are :smirk:
    Really like the idea of a ranged tank

Thank you DragonX01 for my fantastic Sig!

Banny Veniks #YUOROVO8

In my 500 acre mansion on my private island
    Love the idea!
    We need a Balloon Lord.
    And a currency called Purple Gold.
    And a defense called sniper tower.
    And resource donating.
    Oh, and crocodiles should be a troop.

Nolanvw
    Quote Originally Posted by J1M808 View Post
    Really like the idea of a ranged tank
    This. ^
    Could you update some army comps it would be used with?

Sitting near a fire with some Barbarians and Valkyries(\/alhalla)
    Meh. We don't need another tank troop. This troop mainly draws fire. The Golem took her spot already. Besides, CoC is a "Midevil" genre game. Not Greek mythological.