View Poll Results: Do you like the Air Fish idea?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (Please comment)

7 58.33%
  • No (Comment why)

1 8.33%
  • Needs work (Comment why)

4 33.33%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New DE troop: The Sky Fish

New DE troop: The Sky Fish

Now, as the last 2 DE troops we have gotten have been tanks, I think its time for a dragon like troop. Fast, hits hard, and decently high health. My idea...

A Sky Shark

Contents:
    I.Backstory
    II. General idea Picture
    III. Stats (Word form)
    IV. Stats (Table)
    V. Offensive strategy
    VI. Defensive strategy
    VII. Disclaimer

Once upon a time, Chief Bob was trying to gain trophies. To stop from losing trophies, he placed his DE storage outside of his base, right next to the ocean. As hoped, Bob saw a P.E.K.K.A. come straight from the woods, and charge the DE. The P.E.K.K.A. slammed her mighty sword into the storage, spilling the precious liquid everywhere. The P.E.K.K.A. then gathered its bounty, and retreated.
    Bob thought the raid was over, but unknown to him, some of the precious DE split down the hill, and into the ocean. The DE than sank down, where it surrounded a shark. The shark than grew rapidly, growing so large it could no longer live in its former cove. Enraged with what had become of him, the
    shark leaped from the air, to eat at a dragon flying overhead. The shark then realized that it, rather than returning to the ocean, it stayed midair, suspended in flight. Now able to move faster than ever before, the shark flew back to its former home.
    However, upon seeing this flying beast charging his town, he ordered his archers, who had once again taken there place around the ocean, to fire. The shark screamed in pain as the first arrow pierced his skin. However, the screech, rather than emitting sound, created a bubble around him. The following arrows were not as effective as they tried to pierce the bubble. Now protected by his shield, he laid waste to chief Bob's base. Members of Bob's clan found him in the ruins of his base the next day. Bob's right hand man, Jeff asked what had done this to him, and bob replied, "Twas a sky shark!" Before passing on.
    This sky shark was then hunted for ages, until the Clan's new leader took it down. Rather than kill it though, the leader trained it. The sky shark now leads the army he is in to victory, while also protecting those around him.

Air shark.jpg <--- Clickity click click

For anyone who DOESN'T like reading a paragraph, Below is a table of what I'm about to say. Now,The sky shark would take about 25 troop space, speed a bit lower than a goblin, health lower than a dragon, damage between a dragon and a P.E.K.K.A, and would cost about 500. Training time 50-55 min, range would be about 0.4 Attack speed is about 2 seconds. Once the shark takes damage, it would create a bubble shield around it, and all troops nearby. This takes about 1 second to form. This shied would reduce damage by 30%, and would disappear once either A, the shark dies, B, after the shark is not hit for 5 seconds. or C, an inferno tower hits the shield, evaporating the shield bubble. Once the inferno tower dies, should the shark survive, it reforms it, the shield. Any troop not within 2 studs when the shark makes/remakes the shield does not get one, even if it should move in range later.

Preferred Target Attack Type Housing Space Training Time Movement Speed Attack Speed Dark Barracks Level Required Range
    Air Defense Melee (Ground & Air) 30 50m 26 2s 7 0.4 tile

Level Damage per Second Damage per Attack Time to spawn shield Shield Strength Shield duration (As long as the shark is unharmed.) Hitpoints Training Cost Research Cost Laboratory Level Required Research Time
    1 202.5 405 1s 30% 4s/Inferno Tower 1,700 500 N/A N/A N/A
    2 229 458 1s 35% 4.5s/Inferno Tower 1,900 530 70,000 8 12 days
    3 255 510 1s 40% 5s/Inferno Tower 2,250 555 80,000 9 14 days

STRATEGIES:

Offensive:

*Use to supplement Barch's, wizards, or any other low health troop.
    *Use with dragon's for the extra shielding dragon's need.
    *Although the range of the Shark is shorter than a Lava Hound, deploy Lava hounds first to draw fire prior to using the Shark.
    Some army comp. that should be effective:
    *ShaBarch *LavaShark *ShaLavaloon *Etc.

Defensive:

* Set X-Bow to ground so it doesn't the Shark.
    * Have inferno set to multiple, destroying as many shields as possible.
    * Space out your air defenses, leaving gaps.

Normally gap's in an air defense and not attacking a Shark is bad, but the plan is to make the Shark lower it's shield, kill other troops, THEN kill the sharks.

DISCLAIMER:

Thank you for reading. I would appreciate any comments, concerns, opinions, art (if you do art for this, don't make it look TO fishy. Make it a bit mutant-like.) Also please vote in the poll. If you do, comment why. I can't do anything for the people who vote no/needs work without knowing what needs fixing.
    Last edited by Theking8133; July 14th, 2015 at 02:11 AM.
    My best threads: The Overseer, Flying Shark,Shockwave Spell, Empusa, FLAMEingo
    Quote Originally Posted by raidingisfun View Post
    Be careful, soon they are going to start charging for pointless threads on the forums too. A lot of you are going to be broke!

Updates:

The updates which have been done to this idea are as followed:

7/11:

*Idea submitted
    *Poll added
    *Minor formatting

7/12:

*Got on a computer, spell check.
    *Table added
    *Name changed
    *Range Reduced
    *Bio altered to fit new name
    *Strategies added
    *Table of Contents added

7/13

*Housing space changed to 30
    *Fixed grammar error
    *Picture added
    Last edited by Theking8133; July 13th, 2015 at 11:56 PM.
    Be careful, soon they are going to start charging for pointless threads on the forums too. A lot of you are going to be broke!

Trying to explain to Amanda Seyfried what "Give us the ring my Precious eyes" are :smirk:
    Sort of an odd idea about the troop itself and it's backstory

But I like it

Thank you DragonX01 for my fantastic Sig!

Banny Veniks #YUOROVO8

why not make it a sword shark? and maybe water could fall off it so any troops in a 3 tile radius would double in speed. overall i like the idea. oh and maybe the housing space should be lowered to 20 please. thanks if you read.

Neat, and fairly original idea!

However, I feel that keeping the shield for the entirety of the battle would be just a little too powerful. If this were to be, there wouldn't be much of a difference between raising the HP of the troop or creating an air-healing troop. To change this, I recommend that if the Sky Fish hasn't been attacked for 5 seconds, then the shield fades away. As soon as it is attacked again, the shield reappears.

Second, if 2 or more Sky Fish have overlapping shields, does the effect stack on top of itself? Or is it constant, no matter how many shields are overlapping? I'd suggest that the effect stays the same, or else it would be the most powerful troop in the game.

Of course, I am posting this before the table has been edited in, and I'm sure the stats will be clearer then.

I like it.
    FunkyFundoshi Lvl65 | Clan: I love travel
    Check out my COC!

Threads: Graphical Changes That Would Make COC Look Nicer || NEW WAR FUNCTION: Target Viewer Button (With Pictures!)

Trying to explain to Amanda Seyfried what "Give us the ring my Precious eyes" are :smirk:
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkyFundoshi View Post

However, I feel that keeping the shield for the entirety of the battle would be just a little too powerful. If this were to be, there wouldn't be much of a difference between raising the HP of the troop or creating an air-healing troop. To change this, I recommend that if the Sky Fish hasn't been attacked for 5 seconds, then the shield fades away. As soon as it is attacked again, the shield reappears.

Second, if 2 or more Sky Fish have overlapping shields, does the effect stack on top of itself? Or is it constant, no matter how many shields are overlapping? I'd suggest that the effect stays the same, or else it would be the most powerful troop in the game.

Of course, I am posting this before the table has been edited in, and I'm sure the stats will be clearer then.

I like it.
    It's supposed to be the most powerful troop in the game

Thank you DragonX01 for my fantastic Sig!

Banny Veniks #YUOROVO8

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyFundoshi View Post

I like it.
    Same on the shielding aspect. And maybe a pause in attack while shield is forming?

Also consider the name "sky serpant" ? Sounds a little less ridiculous, no offense.

Do like the troop idea though 👍🏾
    Minion Lord (4.1 Stars) | Minotaur (3.9 Stars)
    Level 111 | Max TH9 | BK: 15 | AQ: 20 | Working on lvl 10 Walls

Sorry it took so long for responses on the comments. I was on a plane ride and couldn't get on my computer until today.

For anyone who commented on the name:

*I chose sky fish because I wanted to use a sword fish. With the rather large nose it had it could have a larger range. However, now that I think about it, having it with high health AND the ability to be behind tanks would be a bit OP. Because of this, I'm going to switch the name to Sky Shark (Credit to KeenWarrior for the name).

On the shield:

*The shield does NOT stack, as using 3 or 4 of these would result in having over 100% shielding.
    *The shield takes 1 second to form. I thought I specified that.

Misc:

*Thank you for all your feedback, glad you guys like the idea.
    *Housing space will stay at 25 for now, as it is supposed to be a stronger version of a dragon, which has a housing space of 20.
    *Right now I am keeping it's special ability as the shield. Although, the speed ability does seem like a good backup plan should people not like it.
    Last edited by Theking8133; July 12th, 2015 at 01:54 PM.

OK the table is up.

On a side note. If I hear ONE Sharknado Comment...

Quote Originally Posted by Theking8133 View Post
    OK the table is up.

On a side note. If I hear ONE Sharknado Comment...
    i wonder where the tornado is at......