Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: TH9 War Base: Triton | Anti-3 Star Design

Noice base! That sneaky clan advertisement

Check my clan out by going to our recruitment thread or our website!

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodi View Post
    neh me furst u wot m9 dis bse ain ny gud m8 wen nid log of bad attackah

Great base as always your walls really have come a long way Looking forward to more bases from you
    Quote Originally Posted by Lootenant View Post
    Second.
    Great base, J! Love this!
    Quote Originally Posted by LachlanS View Post
    Awesome base! Not much advice I can give to be honest!
    Quote Originally Posted by domdom View Post
    Lovely base! Well done!
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraDragonMaster View Post
    epic base as always J
    Quote Originally Posted by UcsfTeeth View Post
    first glance it looks good, no major flaws. Good stuff man
    Quote Originally Posted by EliteBanana View Post
    I'll prob use this beast if you aren't already
    Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Crescendosorcerer View Post
    Nice! TheJ's first war base.

But with only 12 compartments, won't a gowiwipe three it? And I still think it might be weak to a shattered surgical, though I might be wrong. Nice job
    From my personal experience, 12 or more compartments does stop GoXXXX attacks. Any less, and the base may be susceptible.

Quote Originally Posted by 3lorian View Post
    Nah, 12 compartments is enough to hold back gowiwipe.

im a little worried about a 10 o'clock shatter (I know the high HP buildings will hold off 95% of attackers so it is probably fine) and the pathing on the AD/xbow/sweeper dgb can be bypassed from the top or bottom (other dgb is brilliant!!!)

Only other thing I see is VaHoLo from 9 o'clock ( WB in jump on hair dryer 3 ADs down) hog last AD loon rest (very few anti 3s can hold up against a good VaHoLo....luckly most ppl can't pull it off)

You might be able to pull of a stoned LaLoon from 9 as well

Over all I'd say 9/10 GG!!!!!
    The idea of a T-Air defense formation is that the strength is in the line, taking out the outlying air defense with shatter will not allow a LaLoon with the air defenses in the cover line. I was always worried about that second DGB, if hogs come from two ways they should go the air defense before the pathing is mssed up somewhat - that is the idea behind that DGB location.

VaHoLo is a potential weakness, but the plan must be executed to perfection for it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by IlDiavolo View Post
    I dont like it, that u can reach 3 air defences with one jump spell...vulnerable against valkyries nad loons.

It looks amazing tho...my next base after a break from wars
    Even if they did, loon count is too much. This part took a lot of thinking, but by moving teslas to the other side I was able to make-up this as back-end loons will not overcome the travel time, DPS and potential air traps in that area to be a worthwhile addition.

Quote Originally Posted by tachoyaki View Post
    you need a lot of backend loons if you are gonna do any type of GoLo - in this case GoVaLo - to hit the north side after cleaning south AD.
    Backend Loons would require 3+ on some defenses, so yes GoLo is practically out of the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Tet View Post
    so smexy, lovely base josh
    i see what u did there at the end
    Thanks Tet.

Quote Originally Posted by 3lorian View Post
    I'm not a great hogger...in a valk and looner....so correct me if I'm wrong but don't almost all of the hog paths on the left side path around DGBs (for example) wouldn't xbow actually go to the AD in same compartment. Only 2 spaces to it 3 spaces to the AD with the DGBs in front on it.
    Depends on the angle, on the angles I was looking at the majority will just path to the lone AD before the hogs go slightly AWOL and hopefully break up as a pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric87 View Post
    a few things...

• where is the picture of triton and the quote?
    • and could a few hogs lure the cc from

• is the lvl 5 AS suppose to face that way?
    • finally, great base, love it and will be using it or a clan mate of mine
    1. No doing the cheesy quotes/images anymore
    2. CC cannot be lured unless a defense is taken out
    3. AS can really face whatever direction desired (within reason)
    4. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan412 View Post
    Nice base man, maybe add the dgb (the one closer to AQ) betwen the xbow and cannon as the current one could be in path of shattered ks. Lovely base besides that possible adjustment.
    First off, thanks. The DGB positions are not set in stone, people can freely change them - hence why I left multiple potential positions.

Quote Originally Posted by ChosenW View Post
    Nice to see another base of yours man!
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekonai View Post
    What do you think about moving the BK to around where the AQ is to make the kill harder and potentially fail? Make them have to engage the BK first and he acts as a tank for the AQ. And have the DGB's on the right side ever been triggered incorrectly?
    I am not a fan of having both heroes adjacent, as the BK is still a threat in hogs so I don't want him taken out with queen in a GoHo. And in the single GoHo attempt I have faced, the hogs were wiped out from that right side DGB - so, it has worked so far I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by DerQuincy View Post
    Really epic base design! I'd say it's really hard to create a base to tailor to all attacking styles possible, but you've managed to do it.

I was wondering about the part where you said that this base has a couple flaws/slightly outdated due to changing meta?
    Thanks DerQQ

I have had queries about the meta part, but I won't be giving any disclosure on it - secret.

Retired Clash of Clans Base Designer | TH9 Base Design Compilation
    Clash Royale: 4000+ Cups (Retired) | Brawl Stars: 5000 Trophies, 16 Brawlers

Millennial Club
    I would change just one thing. Teslas would move more inside behind the TH to protect the AQ even better. 2 teslas are a bit too exposed imo.

Centennial Club

Like it - Nice job! Trying it out in next war...

Had a symmetrical war base in last war (Im a pretty much maxed TH9...all lego's, 20 lavas, max Def (Apart from sweepers...lev 3 and 1)...got 3 starred by a good attacker(He 3 starred our 2 + 3) golavaloon (Took out AD and Queen with Gol/king+queen), then destroyed me with his hounds and loons....anyway, thought Id try asymmetric/meta design, and really liked the look of this one...got a war in ~19hours, so Ill let you know how it goes

Oh - Please let me know if there has been any changes you have made from your original design (If you would prefer, please PM me)

Cheers and thanks for the work/thought and effort in putting this base together.

Fresh Spawn
    Thanks for this base. Keep it up

Forum Superstar
    A nice comeback from your hiatus of designing bases. Would love to personally take a crack at it in-game haha. No flaws as far as I am concerned, however once I am competent with surgical hogs I reckon it should take care of it Also would suggest you switch you have more external teslas- they are great in distracting golems and throwing off a certain attack. Would switch the King with the DE storage but I'm sure there's a reason for that, correct?

Well done nonetheless, this sub-forum needed some love from anti-3 star bases anyway.
    Retired

Centennial Club

First attack in war - 2 starred / 62%

Quote Originally Posted by frankgrimes View Post
    Had a symmetrical war base in last war (Im a pretty much maxed TH9...all lego's, 20 lavas, max Def (Apart from sweepers...lev 3 and 1)...got 3 starred by a good attacker(He 3 starred our 2 + 3) golavaloon (Took out AD and Queen with Gol/king+queen), then destroyed me with his hounds and loons....anyway, thought Id try asymmetric/meta design, and really liked the look of this one...got a war in ~19hours, so Ill let you know how it goes

Oh - Please let me know if there has been any changes you have made from your original design (If you would prefer, please PM me)

Cheers and thanks for the work/thought and effort in putting this base together.
    Slight variant of gowipe - 2 Gols, 4 pekkas wiz and 4 hogs - Started at top cannon, gols, then wiz, then hogs to take out tesla, then jump spell to get to TH etc....no 3 stars, so happy with that....it was there numb 4, so will see if anyone else has a crack at me to get the extra star.

Attachment 125857

Centennial Club

Thanks!

great base thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by IlDiavolo View Post
    I would change just one thing. Teslas would move more inside behind the TH to protect the AQ even better. 2 teslas are a bit too exposed imo.
    The teslas are there to buy more time before the queen and CC engage the queen kill portion of the attack.

Awesome base J! Always love reading through your threads, so well written! Obvious that there was a lot of time put into this one, which made it even better. Moar plx