Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 117

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: The derby: Hay Day's biggest mistake?

  1. #1
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1

    The derby: Hay Day's biggest mistake?

    Hay Day has giving me so much fun playing, but I am really thinking about giving up very soon!
    The reason? The derby, or probably better said the neighborhood(owners) who have forgotten this game should be fun, not a war.
    I have been in a neighborhood for a long time, and all was great untill Supercell decided to bring in the derby. Suddenly we got some newe 'rules' (the owner of the neighborhood had all members as facebook friends) During a derby we were not allowed to help people outside our neighborhood with their boatorders (you could be helping the enemy ), tasks under 275 points were not allowed, but worse was that they wanted to force me to use my diamonds for an extra task. I told them I didn't have much diamonds and they wanted a screenprint of my farm. Also they send me a few ways to get unlimited diamonds! No! I really don't want to che*t with unlimited diamonds so I quit that neighborhood. Sadly I have tried other hoods but it seems to be the same everywhere . People get trown off hoods because they don't participate enough (a friend was trown out his hood because he 'only' brought in 1100 points)

    I am sure Supercell thought they had a nice edition to the game but I think it will be a reason for a lot of players to che*t and i.e. go for the unlimited diamonds. But it will also cause a lot of players to quit Hay Day completely.
    Sad, so sad, just because people can't be satisfied, but want more, more, more...

  2. #2
    Pro Member Toucky7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    511

    I'm sorry you have had these experiences.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elifalde View Post
    Hay Day has giving me so much fun playing, but I am really thinking about giving up very soon!
    The reason? The derby, or probably better said the neighborhood(owners) who have forgotten this game should be fun, not a war.
    I have been in a neighborhood for a long time, and all was great untill Supercell decided to bring in the derby. Suddenly we got some newe 'rules' (the owner of the neighborhood had all members as facebook friends) During a derby we were not allowed to help people outside our neighborhood with their boatorders (you could be helping the enemy ), tasks under 275 points were not allowed, but worse was that they wanted to force me to use my diamonds for an extra task. I told them I didn't have much diamonds and they wanted a screenprint of my farm. Also they send me a few ways to get unlimited diamonds! No! I really don't want to che*t with unlimited diamonds so I quit that neighborhood. Sadly I have tried other hoods but it seems to be the same everywhere . People get trown off hoods because they don't participate enough (a friend was trown out his hood because he 'only' brought in 1100 points)

    I am sure Supercell thought they had a nice edition to the game but I think it will be a reason for a lot of players to che*t and i.e. go for the unlimited diamonds. But it will also cause a lot of players to quit Hay Day completely.
    Sad, so sad, just because people can't be satisfied, but want more, more, more...
    Don't give up, there are many good NH out there. You just need to find one. Keep looking! Many NH are giving up on the derby and returning to causal play.
    “Expectation is the mother of all frustration”. Antonio Banderas
    Sane, normal people don’t need power trips. So the lunatics end up in charge of everything. James P. Hogan
    First Farm level 136, town level 36, Second Farm level 109 town level 29, Baby Farm level 63, town level 16.

  3. #3
    Forum Superstar pitchfork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    out standing in my field
    Posts
    3,070
    I am not disagreeing with your points but just on a personal level: Yes, please don't despair. I loved the Derby until the recent changes, now I don't love it at all anymore, but your experience with the neighbourhood/s is very unpleasant and there are plenty of Neighbourhoods who are not going to stress you like that. It sounds as if there was a difference of opinion about playing styles for the Derby. Even when I adored the Derby I personally would never EVER expect a fellow player (or myself for that matter) to spend any diamonds on it (unless they wanted to, naturally) and I would never ask someone to do that, much less demand. I reckon the majority of players wouldn't. So if you enjoy the game, think about what level/style of derbying would suit you, and try to find a neighbour hood that matches your style, because I am sure there are many!
    Last edited by pitchfork; July 9th, 2015 at 01:01 PM.
    VOTE HERE for a Derby Gift Catalogue.

    Enable diamond confirmation --- but beware: it only works in some places! ❇click for info❇
    Of Chill Reputations ~ join a cool neighbourhood

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    England
    Posts
    76

    probably will not bother with derby

    We are a close real "family" group of 5 but only 2 or at most 3 of us do the derby so at a disadvantage. No way would we put pressure on or evict our family, maybe Hayday could check/assess regular members/contributors to make it fairer or not so confrontational.

  5. #5
    Forum Veteran MadeleineAkaino's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    1,632
    Quote Originally Posted by Elifalde View Post
    During a derby we were not allowed to help people outside our neighborhood with their boatorders (you could be helping the enemy )..
    You were not allowed to what?

    Holy cow. Waow, filling other people's boats, and helping them, me so scared
    GC: Madeleine Akaino KIK: madeleineakaino
    Farm Level 107 & Town Level 34, NH: Its Jennys Hood

  6. #6
    Forum Superstar Bestajunior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Mony a Mickle maks a Muckle...... Barry
    Posts
    3,611
    Quote Originally Posted by Elifalde View Post
    Hay Day has giving me so much fun playing, but I am really thinking about giving up very soon!
    The reason? The derby, or probably better said the neighborhood(owners) who have forgotten this game should be fun, not a war.
    I have been in a neighborhood for a long time, and all was great untill Supercell decided to bring in the derby. Suddenly we got some newe 'rules' (the owner of the neighborhood had all members as facebook friends) During a derby we were not allowed to help people outside our neighborhood with their boatorders (you could be helping the enemy ), tasks under 275 points were not allowed, but worse was that they wanted to force me to use my diamonds for an extra task. I told them I didn't have much diamonds and they wanted a screenprint of my farm. Also they send me a few ways to get unlimited diamonds! No! I really don't want to che*t with unlimited diamonds so I quit that neighborhood. Sadly I have tried other hoods but it seems to be the same everywhere . People get trown off hoods because they don't participate enough (a friend was trown out his hood because he 'only' brought in 1100 points)

    I am sure Supercell thought they had a nice edition to the game but I think it will be a reason for a lot of players to che*t and i.e. go for the unlimited diamonds. But it will also cause a lot of players to quit Hay Day completely.
    Sad, so sad, just because people can't be satisfied, but want more, more, more...
    Quote Originally Posted by MadeleineAkaino View Post
    You were not allowed to what?

    Holy cow. Waow, filling other people's boats, and helping them, me so scared
    I am so sorry you have had a terrible time in your nh. How awful!! The part of hayday I love the most is helping. The fact that you were asked to provide a screenshot of your diamond count was wrong, just plain wrong!! what business is it of anyone else how many diamonds or how many coins you have? I am leader in our nh, we don't force anyone to do tasks.

    Its your game. Play it the way you want to. There are wonderful nh's out there. Look on the recruiting thread. I hope you find one soon that suits your playing style.

    Now go water for a friend. Fill a few crates. Grow something. Have fun!!

    Farm level: 236 Silo 11,650 and always full, no really it is full!
    Start date: 01/09/2013
    Disclaimer: The opinions expressed by Besta are Bestas opinions, ideas and concerns.
    “I think I have a new favorite notification from HayDay: “The scarecrow made me do it”. Quote accredited to dtx275

  7. #7
    Senior Member monkeybars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Anywhere Hay Day is
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by pammyg View Post
    We are a close real "family" group of 5 but only 2 or at most 3 of us do the derby so at a disadvantage. No way would we put pressure on or evict our family, maybe Hayday could check/assess regular members/contributors to make it fairer or not so confrontational.
    i agree on this totally!!

    This "issue" is a huge factor into the conversation that a couple of key
    neighborhood leaders focus on instead of positive affects of who is doing this and who is doing that, that's making our neighborhood be a leader in the current Derby. Because our neighborhood IS a super close Family the way that pammyg is a close family.

    Such a downer ......there must be a way the game's program can recognize WHO is active, just like pammyg is saying.no???
    LEVEL 126....AND LOVIN' THE LEVEL I AM AT WHILE I AM THERE,
    LOVE PLAYING IN A "RELAXIN' -TAKIN' -IT -EASY -MANNER” EVERY DAY
    GC: WE ARE FAMILY777

  8. #8
    Banned prasanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,134
    All this can be solved with jus one additional feature, opt in/opt out option for derby like we hav in coc for clan wars would be good, its disgusting to hear tat leaders are behaving so rude n spying others, hope leaders knw tat they are their neighbours n nt their slaves and with out neighbours there will be no neighbourhood so they better check their boundary and behave 😡😡😠

  9. #9
    Sorry you had a bad experience.

    There are still some perfectly wonderful hoods around and you may find one. I find its just as great to play on my own. My sis is my only hoodie.

    The derby is what you make of it.
    Some people are still going gangbusters at it. Some, like you are having real issues and the derby forum is pretty full of complaints.
    Decide what you want.

    We still play the derby because we like the tasks and the rewards. We don't care who wins.
    Our derby tasks are done for the week and I have been especially enjoying Hay Day for the past day or so as my hoodie and I are working on a project to get her from level 53 to 54 so she can get the saucemaker and help me with some soy sauce.

    Hay Day has a lot to offer still.

  10. #10
    Super Member willow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    California, usa
    Posts
    893
    This does not sound like the right neighborhood for you. Many neighborhoods do not stress the derby, or do so only to the extent that they get all five horseshoes. Looking on the nh recruitment thread is a way to find a new nh. Another thing you may want to consider is posting in the nh area that you are lookng for a new NH. That way you can specify what you do and do not want. I am sure there are other established NH like ours that are not interested in recruiting, so don't post on that thread, but do check the lookng for a NH thread for players who sound like a good fit.

    sorry you had a bad experience and best of luck finding a new NH.
    Hay Day Level 135
    Town level 39

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •