Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SC - Your Greed is Showing (*cough*)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerr129 View Post

"How shall I ever understand this world? There is nothing on which it is so hard as poverty, and yet, there is nothing it condemns with such severity as the pursuit of wealth." -- Ebenezer Scrooge
    Haha! Good old Charles ♥♥♥♥ens!

A lot of games, free or otherwise have faded quickly for a number of reasons, most commonly it's because fresher brighter Minds are building more use friendly, content rich games.
    Every digital game has a limited life span.
    And users are becoming more sophisticated about what games they will spend their valuable free time playing.
    Anyone remember Pong?

it wouldn't surprise me if the Derby "breaks" Hay Day. I never understood their motivation in adding competition to what had been an almost idyllic break from the rest of the dog-eat-dog world.
    And given how many times they have tweaked the derby since it came out there might be some of them rethinking the wisdom of ever adding the derby in the first place.
    Because every time something is changed, or even when it's not changed it seems like a whole lot of people ain't happy.

In any case SC has been successful in the gaming world by giving people what they want.
    You just don't succeed in business without that factor. I don't know how anyone can call that "greed" but I guess they have a right to their opinion.
    Last edited by Sparkly888; June 26th, 2015 at 10:49 PM.

I admire players who work on strategies and adapt/readjust their goal to keep the game enjoyment.
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game and your language.

All the great ones were a student once. Learning is quicker with better guiding. Report abuse/spam on forum.

#ChickenHunter :: Hay Day Lv 130♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH12

Banned
    Adapt or quit but no criticizing? Rest assured, there will be lots of complaining in between. Always has been that way, always will be. I see nothing wrong with that. As long as HD continues to stay afloat, these conversations will never end. Guaranteed.
    Last edited by Haystacker; June 26th, 2015 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pilothaggard View Post
    ץץץ A complicated matching routine guaranteed to pit you against strong teams no matter how laid back you are in your playing style. Only 10 of your 30 person NH play? You'll be facing, at least in theory, an equally matched NH which means for you strong competition. No matter how laid back you are, if you are facing people of the same strength then you are in a "strong" race.
    I disagree. You seem to be overlooking that people in laid-back NHs don't need to worry about this as they don't care what place they rank in. People who care enough to spend actual money, more power to them and I truly appreciate the fact they are making it possible for me to continue to enjoy this game for free as well as allowing others to continue to be laid-back and not worry about what place their NH achieves.

SC is not a non-profit, but I don't think the derby changes were solely to get players to buy more diamonds. I think SC has been very good at responding to the wishes of their players. With so many players SC can hardly please everyone.

Algorithms sometimes need time for data to collect in order to be more effective. They also may need to be tweaked. I am confident that SC will be monitoring and improve if needed. We are not in 1st place this week and are in a run for 3rd with 4 other NH. I'm playing the way I want and we'll see what happens. There is always a new derby next week. We will get 5 horseshoe prizes.

SC- if you want to do something greedy to get me to buy diamonds, have a birthday special: 500 diamonds for $4.99. I am pretty sure that is how I got the diamonds I have.

Remember when....

I'm seeing some long time players here defending good ol SC to the core. I think it's great y'all feel like you are still getting as good a quality game as you did two years ago, regardless how much you choose to spend or not spend on diamonds. But let's take a trip back in time shall we just for giggles and grins here...

Does anybody remember when maintenance breaks happened regularly for "dirt in the servers" and we all got 5 diamonds every single time they had one? How about those awesome deals they used to run on holidays... you know the ones.. lots of diamonds for very little $. Ohh.. and remember when you could hire Tom and just get mining tools and the mine would spit out enough diamonds to hire him again? When was the last time any of you had that old trick work?

I am of the Supercell is getting greedy camp. Every update they are steadily increasing the need to buy diamonds to maintain the same level of enjoyment in the game for me and giving me less in return for the same amount of money. For example, I can't stand seeing dead stuff build up on my farm, yet with the addition of the nectar bushes, my farm doesn't have a high enough drop rate of axes to keep up with the demand... so I hire Tom to fetch them. I'd say that easily doubled my need to hire him actually. My choice, of course! Awesome marketing on the part of SC? Damn straight it is. I want to see those bees flying and make all those lovely products. I am not the only one finding the need to spend more to maintain enjoyment in this game. Yes, it's a business and it is there to make money, and clearly if you read the link HayStacker posted.. they are making it. You folks who never have to spend a dime to enjoy the game are in the minority here. That is quite obvious from the revenue report. The fact is every update they are increasing the need for the majority of players to not only keep spending but spend more if you want to maintain the same level of play. The derby is a fine example. First derby who needed that 6th task? And who didn't have some awesome prizes in their horseshoes at the end? Think about the difference between first and last derby and your level of satisfaction. I know many of you will swear up and down you are still having as much fun and I'm happy for you. But many are not and they have just as much right to say so as you do to defend SC. Many players are feeling they are being given a lower quality product for their money than they once were and that's why they feel SC is getting greedy.
    The current issue of older IOS devices(5.1) being unable to play sickens me. Just like the non working tabs and flags issue a couple months ago did. The quality of the game and the farmed out customer service is not what it once was in my mind. Not sure how long y'all will still have me as a neighbor at this point. I'm about ready to chuck it in the ♥♥♥♥ it bucket and move on.
    Lea
    My opinons are mine, yours are yours. I'm okay with that.
    Bless your heart and I thank ya kindly for your concern.

Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by TexasLea View Post
    I'm seeing some long time players here defending good ol SC to the core. I think it's great y'all feel like you are still getting as good a quality game as you did two years ago, regardless how much you choose to spend or not spend on diamonds. But let's take a trip back in time shall we just for giggles and grins here...

Does anybody remember when maintenance breaks happened regularly for "dirt in the servers" and we all got 5 diamonds every single time they had one? How about those awesome deals they used to run on holidays... you know the ones.. lots of diamonds for very little $. Ohh.. and remember when you could hire Tom and just get mining tools and the mine would spit out enough diamonds to hire him again? When was the last time any of you had that old trick work?

I am of the Supercell is getting greedy camp. Every update they are steadily increasing the need to buy diamonds to maintain the same level of enjoyment in the game for me and giving me less in return for the same amount of money. For example, I can't stand seeing dead stuff build up on my farm, yet with the addition of the nectar bushes, my farm doesn't have a high enough drop rate of axes to keep up with the demand... so I hire Tom to fetch them. I'd say that easily doubled my need to hire him actually. My choice, of course! Awesome marketing on the part of SC? Damn straight it is. I want to see those bees flying and make all those lovely products. I am not the only one finding the need to spend more to maintain enjoyment in this game. Yes, it's a business and it is there to make money, and clearly if you read the link HayStacker posted.. they are making it. You folks who never have to spend a dime to enjoy the game are in the minority here. That is quite obvious from the revenue report. The fact is every update they are increasing the need for the majority of players to not only keep spending but spend more if you want to maintain the same level of play. The derby is a fine example. First derby who needed that 6th task? And who didn't have some awesome prizes in their horseshoes at the end? Think about the difference between first and last derby and your level of satisfaction. I know many of you will swear up and down you are still having as much fun and I'm happy for you. But many are not and they have just as much right to say so as you do to defend SC. Many players are feeling they are being given a lower quality product for their money than they once were and that's why they feel SC is getting greedy.
    The current issue of older IOS devices(5.1) being unable to play sickens me. Just like the non working tabs and flags issue a couple months ago did. The quality of the game and the farmed out customer service is not what it once was in my mind. Not sure how long y'all will still have me as a neighbor at this point. I'm about ready to chuck it in the ♥♥♥♥ it bucket and move on.

Ditto for the most part. Ok ok 99.9999% part. I still love HayDay mostly. I will continue to buy diamonds, however not as many as i did and i will/do use them differently than I have in the past. In my rocking chair now remembering when the mine spit out diamonds like crazy. I could find actual products in the dd. There were things to spend vouchers on besides pets and junky trees. There was no town (dont get me started on town!) I was so happy to get my first horse. It was hard work getting that very last voucher for it. So what is exciting now? Well the derby was till sc found out its players liked it and were satisfied with it for the most part. Uh oh. Can't have that. Have to shake things up, stir the pot and get 10 diamonds for any extra task you feel you have to do for the "good" of the nh.

Anyway I could go on for pages. But its all been said by others. SC doesnt listen to its players for the most part. Thats it in a nutshell. While i think about quitting at least a couple times a week I won't yet. I will continue to watch the train wreck unfolding and see what happens.

Farm level: 235 Silo 11,550 and always full, no really it is full!
    Start date: 01/09/2013
    Disclaimer: The opinions expressed by Besta are Bestas opinions, ideas and concerns.
    “I think I have a new favorite notification from HayDay: “The scarecrow made me do it”. Quote accredited to dtx275

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasLea View Post

Well said, Lea. I hear u, loud and clear. It really is a shame every concern and every criticism towards SC is viewed as a no no around these parts. I understand newbies being quick to defend SC because everything is still new for them but to see some older players find no fault at all, no matter what SC does, is pretty puzzling. Listen, if u have no problems with this game, I salute u. U must be doing something some of us aren't. But pls don't be too quick to dismiss other players' genuine concerns. This new matchmaking feature is another attempt to make more money for SC...it's that simple.

For those of u who haven't read the link I provided, here are 2 of the most telling quotes from the article. Take it for what it's worth.

"And the company has figured out novel ways to bring in new players while squeezing more money out of everyone who boots up the free-to-play game."

"The studio plans about 10 to 15 content patches a year for its games, and that it considers that a wasted effort if the game isn’t making millions of dollars every week."

And Lea, I know it's disheartening to see the direction SC has taken, I've been critical of them for a very long time...every single complaint justified, IMO. Don't give up, hopefully better days are ahead.
    Last edited by Haystacker; June 27th, 2015 at 04:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hcf View Post
    SC is not a non-profit, but I don't think the derby changes were solely to get players to buy more diamonds. I think SC has been very good at responding to the wishes of their players. With so many players SC can hardly please everyone.

Algorithms sometimes need time for data to collect in order to be more effective. They also may need to be tweaked. I am confident that SC will be monitoring and improve if needed. We are not in 1st place this week and are in a run for 3rd with 4 other NH. I'm playing the way I want and we'll see what happens. There is always a new derby next week. We will get 5 horseshoe prizes.

SC- if you want to do something greedy to get me to buy diamonds, have a birthday special: 500 diamonds for $4.99. I am pretty sure that is how I got the diamonds I have.
    Funny, I can't remember a single post in the Ideas and New Features Sub-Forum asking for SC to implement a feature into the game that will turn neighbour viciously upon neighbour and change the entire ethos of the game from being an escape from the real world to an endless, highly-competitive horse (read "rat" here) race. Must have missed the over-whelming number of posts clambering for that.

I am in the "no longer feeling the love", "SC are making bad decisions based on a fervent desire to increase their bottom line from fantastic to astronomically high" camp. I too, remember when SC implemented features designed to make us happy rather than designed solely to increase the pressure to use (and therefore, buy, diamonds). SC has morphed from a fun-loving, profitable venture to a hard-nosed, money-making business, there is no denying that. They have reached the point where many long-term, loyal players who remember "the good ole days" with longing are becoming disenchanted. There is a difference between buying diamonds because you love the game and buying diamonds because competition within the game pressures you to. Will the players downloading the game now still be playing 2 or more years from now? I doubt it, because the special something that drew us in to keep playing in the first place has gone, IMHO, and once lost, can't be recovered.
    Last edited by GladeMaid; June 27th, 2015 at 05:43 AM.
    GladeMaid
    RSS Name - Glade's Auckland Farm: Level - 116: Achievements - 124/132 Masteries - 31/??. Barn/Silo - Never big enough! Bring back Game Centre Friend Requests!

Photo: Great Spotted Kiwi - Mark Jones, Auscape Intl

Banned

Unhappy

I will be so sad when Hay Day is over.