Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Graphical Changes That Would Make COC Look Nicer

Graphical Changes That Would Make COC Look Nicer

Here is a list comprised of graphical enhancements that would make Clash more finalized and aesthetically appealing. It is intended to hold no functionality in-game other than to look nice

1. Spell factory brewing - color coordinate the brewing animation to the spell that is actually being created
    ---Example: blue liquid is stirred when creating a lightning spell, yellow liquid when creating healing, etc.
    ---Currently, the animation is constant according to the spell factory level, such as at level 5 the spell factory always brews in a green color (the color of a jump spell)

2. Spell factory storage - spells that have completed brewing are visible in the bowl of the spell factory OR a wooden rack aside the factory that contains jars of the spells brewed
    ---Example 1: If a lightning spell was the last spell to be brewed, and all other spells have finished brewing, the contents of the spell factory would show stagnant blue liquid inside the vat
    ---Example 2: When a level 3 spell factory has finished brewing a line of spells comprised of 2 healings and 1 rage spell, a wooden rack would display 2 jars filled with yellow fluid and 1 jar with purple fluid sitting together on the shelf
    ---Currently, there are no graphics to show that the spells have completed and are sitting in the vat, other than the pop-up above the factory that says, "Full!"

3. Tesla attack on troops - when troops are struck with the Hidden Tesla's electrical bolts, they would flash as a black and white skeleton
    ---Example: a giant is attacking a Tesla; each time the giant is hit by the electricity, you are able to see his thick bones inside a black outline of his body
    ---Currently, the only effect the Hidden Tesla has is sparks that fly off when a troop is hit
    ---Possible issues: might be overly distracting during an attack, and could cause problems with epilepsy (?)

4. Wear on a structure - show the wear or damage done to a structure as it is attacked or loses HP
    ---Example 1: different for each troop: when an archer shoots an archer tower, the arrows puncture the tower and are shown protruding from the sides; when a barbarian slashes at an archer tower with his sword, cuts and scratches are shown on the side of the tower; when a wizard fires magic at an archer tower, scorch marks are visible on the sides, etc.
    ---Example 2: constant for amount of HP left: as an archer tower is brought down to lower and lower HP, pieces of the tower are shown crumbling and scratches are visible on the sides
    ---Currently, there are no signs of wear or damage to a building, other than when it is completely destroyed
    ---Possible issues: may cause lag with graphical updates in-game when multiple structures are attacked at once

5. Dragon's flames - change the color of the fire indicating the intensity of the heat for each dragon level
    ---Examples:
    -----Level 1 dragon blows flames that are orange (the current color of the flames)

-----Level 2 dragon blows flames that are orange with small blue core

-----Level 3 flames that are orange with majority blue flame

-----Level 4 flames that are almost completely blue with small white core

-----Level 5 flames that are blue with large, hot white core

6. Profile Page - season stats text not close enough to indicated data
    ---Issue: on player profile page, text for troop donated/received and attacks/defenses won, are left justified, so that they are closer to separate season stats other than their own
    ---Solution 1: right justify text so that it is closest to the data that it indicates
    ---Solution 2: move season stats upwards to occupy the large empty space next to the player name and clan

7. DE storage - a minor graphical mistake of the grass around the Dark Elixir storage in a war base.
    ---Issue: the grass surrounding the storage is a bright green, while the rest of the structures display a "dirty" green shade of grass. Only occurs at level 1 storage.
    ---Solution: modify grass to be same shade as others

Please leave feedback as questions, suggestions, or opinions! Thank you!
    Last edited by FunkyFundoshi; July 21st, 2015 at 01:57 AM.
    FunkyFundoshi Lvl65 | Clan: I love travel
    Check out my COC!

Threads: Graphical Changes That Would Make COC Look Nicer || NEW WAR FUNCTION: Target Viewer Button (With Pictures!)

Ideas 1 and 2 are interesting and might be funny to see. Believe if I check a army base shows all this info anyhow so would not give anything away in war.

3 would be funny to see, but doubt would have a logical use if it would be hard to actually make happen.

4 would be a lot of extra programming and it already shows you how much damage done. Thinking would take a lot of extra memory just to make it look different.

5. Huh?

Th 9, BK 14 AQ 15, Skulls done with 210 Legos. Still working on the climb, struggling to make ends meet.

Quote Originally Posted by sj74 View Post
    Some people like CoC so much they turn in to one.

Nice ideas there TS. Here's my take:

1. I've noticed and thought of this before, so can't agree more.

2. Though its easy to check which spell you currently have in a few clicks, I think this is still a cool feature if not hard to code/implement.

3. I remember their advertisement with this one, cool and funny but yeah it could be a bit distracting.

4. This should be implemented at all. There are a lot of times when in war that you just need a few buildings to get a star but you don't know which buildings have low health. Its true that the HP of the building shows but only if its being attacked and the HP bar will be hidden after a few seconds when it is not being attacked anymore. A 0/25/50/75/100% or 0/50/100% wear indication would be enough I guess.

5. That dark shade is just the shadow of the building.

I believe having a settings to turn on and off some game graphics or even just a low/medium/high options will be of much help and a great way to handle lags.

Banned
    i agree with all of them, but can we fix the walls, the r trippy (to me) and look faker even though they look more realistic...

btw number 5 means the grass patch the de storage sits on
    Last edited by Eric87; June 26th, 2015 at 03:47 AM.

Definitely want to see 4 implemented asap - would be a logical update.

Sup, tad inactive.

Yes, I will clarify on #5.
    Sorry for the confusion
    Check out my COC!

Threads: Graphical Changes That Would Make COC Look Nicer || NEW WAR FUNCTION: Target Viewer Button (With Pictures!)

I actually really like this idea
    Last edited by TheForgottenSoul; June 27th, 2015 at 04:08 AM.

Proud Member of the DjPewds Remembrance Group

Would love to see these changes in game in a future minor update

Proud Member of the DjPewds Remembrance Group

Quote Originally Posted by TheForgottenSoul View Post
    I actually really like this idea
    Quote Originally Posted by TheForgottenSoul View Post
    Would love to see these changes in game in a future minor update
    Thanks for the support!
    Check out my COC!

I specially like number 4. Super important for barch attacks lol
    TH 11 | Lvl 150 | GG 1 B | HH 4.7 M | FiN 164 k | AQ 40 | BK 40 | 167 lavas
    Quote Originally Posted by Roarke View Post
    If your complaint is "everything sucks, roll the update back!", then I hope you're comfortable, because you're going to be waiting a while.

Forever, in fact.