Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PentaLavaLoon Is Not Dead - Don't Believe the Hype

Banned

PentaLavaLoon Is Not Dead - Don't Believe the Hype

Hey guys,

Some of you will know that I've got a bit of history with Penta (my original Penta guide is still the most watched one of YouTube). I've not been using it (or anything) much since the Sweeper/Pup AI update, due to a lack of Clashing time. However I've heard repeatedly of the demise of my once go-to strategy so I decided I'd give it a shot in my first ever live attack for my YouTube channel.

If you think that Penta is now unusable since the update this might interest you:

Penta has been limited somewhat - the Pups don't track to the Queen from the same range as before and the Sweeper can cause issues if you don't account for it. However those things can be ameliorated simply through careful planning.

• In order to reliably kill the Queen just wait until she gets right on top of the AD closest to her, as she makes her route around her platform, before deploying your hounds. This will only cost you a matter of seconds during the raid but will allow you to dramatically increase the success rate of the Queen kill with your Pups.
    • Try to attack behind the Sweeper. If that isn't possible, try to place one Hound first, away from the main deployment, to distract it.
    • Carefully select bases to Penta which have 1) a lurable CC 2) a Queen close to an AD 3) a Sweeper which won't totally ruin your Hound/Loon deployment.

Bottomline; Penta isn't dead! It can still be used. It simply requires a little more planning and adaptation that before. But that's what makes those 3 stars all the sweeter!

Happy clashing all!

Interesting, thanks for the tips. Need beefier heroes myself only have 10/9 at the moment so my attempts at most laloon attacks are still a slight miss because I can't handle CC with my heroes only just yet.
    CR, Lv10, Royal Arena, Highest trophies 3284 - Retired
    Youtube channel here
    "To do is to be" - Plato, "To be is to do" - Socrates, "Do be do be do" - Sinatra

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralMayhem View Post
    Interesting, thanks for the tips. Need beefier heroes myself only have 10/9 at the moment so my attempts at most laloon attacks are still a slight miss because I can't handle CC with my heroes only just yet.
    10/9 should be fine. My original lavaloon tutorial (in my sig) had players with similar heroes wiping CCs. The key is to make sure the order is right for the heroes. It is always thus;

Lure,
    Deploy Queen to pull,
    As CC gets to Queen and begins firing (but before she takes more than 10% damage) cloak,
    Deploy King and rage immediately.

If there is a witch or wizards try to place the King directly on them when you deploy him.

The only exception is in the event of a CC Dragon. If it's a Dragon simply lure with the Queen and BEFORE he fires, cloak the Queen. She'll kill it from behind her cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefDaRT View Post
    10/9 should be fine. My original lavaloon tutorial (in my sig) had players with similar heroes wiping CCs. The key is to make sure the order is right for the heroes. It is always thus;

Lure,
    Deploy Queen to pull,
    As CC gets to Queen and begins firing (but before she takes more than 10% damage) cloak,
    Deploy King and rage immediately.

If there is a witch or wizards try to place the King directly on them when you deploy him.

The only exception is in the event of a CC Dragon. If it's a Dragon simply lure with the Queen and BEFORE he fires, cloak the Queen. She'll kill it from behind her cloak.
    Thanks again! Glad you are always willing to help the little guys out! Will put this into practice before bringing it to the war arena.
    CR, Lv10, Royal Arena, Highest trophies 3284 - Retired
    Youtube channel here
    "To do is to be" - Plato, "To be is to do" - Socrates, "Do be do be do" - Sinatra

Currently experiencing strong emotions when opponent places a royal giant
    Incredible war attack! Congrats for that! I would never think you could 3-star that with only 19 balloons :O

When I'll start cupping I'll definnetely (<- is that spelled right? :/ ) try this out!!!
    I'm in love with this deck. It's amazing for both ladder and grand challenges!

Clash Royale: Level 11 - Enjoying the game at its fullest but sadly enough after spending around 15

To be honest, that sweeper was facing the wrong direction. If it were facing directly south, it would have probably stopped penta. Attacking from the north won't be ideal because the AQ will be on the far end of the base.

I will probably just stick to my golaloon strats. Good video though.
    IGN Eric | Clan Ironhorse
    Electric 50/200 | AQ 60 | BK 60 | GW 30

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Vshin View Post
    To be honest, that sweeper was facing the wrong direction. If it were facing directly south, it would have probably stopped penta. Attacking from the north won't be ideal because the AQ will be on the far end of the base.
    Well if the Sweeper were facing south I'd have lured to the top of the base, used a few WB to open the wall, killed the CC with my Royals and let them kill the Sweeper before I deployed.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightburb View Post
    I will probably just stick to my golaloon strats. Good video though.
    That's fine and thank you. Also you might be interested in my next video. It will feature defensive tips to teach anyone who is interested how to prevent GoLava from 3 starring their base!
    Last edited by ChiefDaRT; June 21st, 2015 at 10:15 PM.

Pentalavaloon still valid! I did 3 Start attack in last war using it. But the sweeper was outside the walls