Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: C'mon then..*waves come over* show us your ditch..

Cool C'mon then..*waves come over* show us your ditch..

ok so when the update came out I was the FIRST to register my disappointment.. *holds up hands*

So, since having time to cool down, think 1st act later rather than vice versa, yes I still think 8 diamonds is a lot but as ranger & pitchfork said, it's a goal to work toward.. Delayed gratification..

so... Let's see what you've been doing with your delayed gratification and anyone that has a ditch or trail... Show it off here. I'd love to see what you've done with this luxury deco so far and I'm sure others would appreciate your masterpieces too.

side note-can we refrain from using this thread to bring up the cost again.. We know it's a lot...we know it won't change..

I just want to appreciate some creative farms & see what people have done with them.

look forward to seeing your masterpieces!!

Everydays A Hayday!
    GC: Carinamw87 - Lvl 69 117/126 Achievements
    BST-UTC/GMT - To Hayday Or Not To Hayday - That Is Not The Question!
    Ditch'spiration - HERE

Things You Didn't Know - HERE
    Blue NH Box & what it REALLY means HERE

Just for you my friend:

_________
    Donna / Level 125

Beautiful Donna �� I said I wasn't going to...but...I did...I broke... It was only a few of each..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by carinamw87; June 18th, 2015 at 09:48 PM.

Everydays A Hayday!
    GC: Carinamw87 - Lvl 69 117/126 Achievements
    BST-UTC/GMT - To Hayday Or Not To Hayday - That Is Not The Question!
    Ditch'spiration - HERE

Things You Didn't Know - HERE
    Blue NH Box & what it REALLY means HERE

Very nice! It's amazing what a little water can do for the place!

_________
    Donna / Level 125

These are lovely, ladies You're inspiring me to get some now.

I wonder if they will blend in with the snowy ground when winter comes. Like have a frosty appearance or something.
    Last edited by ilovehayday; June 18th, 2015 at 09:57 PM.
    Level 100! 6/28/16 won the pearl 12/31/14 won the windmill 2/3/15
    Thank you to ClashOfHolmes for my cool banner

Bakunin doesn't feed his HD animals

Yikes

Not my farm. Hope its ok to post. I cropped the farm name out.

Hope the foxes fall in. With all that scratching they do, I'm pretty sure they need a bath.

It is cool that the ditches make little islands when combined together.

Farm level: 235 Silo 11,550 and always full, no really it is full!
    Start date: 01/09/2013
    Disclaimer: The opinions expressed by Besta are Bestas opinions, ideas and concerns.
    “I think I have a new favorite notification from HayDay: “The scarecrow made me do it”. Quote accredited to dtx275

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Bestajunior View Post
    It is cool that the ditches make little islands when combined together.
    I was just wondering that. Another thing I had been considering besides irrigation channels was just making my own lake. But not if it's going to fill with all those little islands. Is it just a piece of land that has no ditch applied to it but is otherwise surrounded by ditch? Or are the little islands an effect of filling an area with ditches: there's actually an 8-diamond ditch on that island?
    GC: Snoopy Lane
    Level: 159; Town: 60; Barn: 5900; Silo: 6250
    Still to go: 5 achievements, 10 permits, 65 puzzle pieces, 37 fish, 1 machine mastery

Very nice Donna and Carina.😊😊

Farm Level 170. Town 51. 😊
    Please PM for farm ID.

Ive been thinking about cracking too...ive got enough diamonds for about four pieces but I'm still undecided whether to do it or not...I'm glad you've started this thread!
    Farm level: 90
    Started 1 April 2013

First of all this could be a truly great thread. A place to share designs using the ditches as shared by others.

Cost is not the issue in this thread. A beautiful design for a farm and/or town is the focus.

These three I posted in the other thread, but think they would be more suitable here for design inspiration.

This first one shows how ditches placed next to each other can make a nice river leading down into the farm. The addition of the waterfall, bridge, and a few small ponds creates a very artistic design that would look good on any farm. With the addition of mixed paths and wall pieces a few trees and bushes it becomes a really awesome design.

Costs
    Small ponds 3500
    Waterfall 15 Gold
    Bridge 45 Green
    Ditches (12) 96 Diamonds
    Additional costs - Other Deco

This one shows a very simple addition to a farm and makes use of one of the small ponds and about 12 ditches. By itself, it looks good but after the addition of a few more trees or bushes, I feel it could be better. I do like the way the walls and path pieces are mixed and angled to give a nice stairway down to the pond. I can imagine some ducks flying past and taking time out to relax as they paddle in the water.

This one shows a lot of time and energy has gone into choosing the right mix of decoration to enhance this area of the farm. The addition of the mushroom houses, which cost 25 diamonds and the small cart with the blue flowers, won in the derby we do have a nice spot for a picnic. The creator has also displayed some winter deco here as well so I hope in the future we also have some winter ditches as well. Imagine the ice rink we could create.