Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Hay Day Derby Matchmaking Changes

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1

Exclamation Hay Day Derby Matchmaking Changes

Hey Folks!

With the upcoming update for Hay Day, thereís one major overhaul to the Derby matchmaking system I'd like to briefly talk about. Now, this change will not kick in full force until a couple of weeks from posting this (it needs to collect some data first) so you wonít see that big changes in the first one or two Derbies. More active neighborhoods will see the changes sooner than the less active ones, however. The system calculates the average performance of previous Derbies, so itís not only about the previous Derby or even 2 last Derbies. The further we go the better the matchmaking will become as it has more data to be used.

The change we have made is that the matchmaking will not only look for same sized neighborhoods, but will also match similarly performing neighborhoods. Let me explain it a bit further; Letís say that you are in a 20 player neighborhood and you guys like to take it easy. With the new matchmaking system you will not only be matched against 20 player neighborhoods, but a 20 player neighborhoods who like to take it easy as well. This will amp the possibilities for you to win, come second or third since you wonít be matched against super active 20 player neighborhoods anymore. If your neighborhood then decides to become way more active and competitive at some point, the matchmaking adjusts to it.

The super active and dedicated neighbourhoods will of course also be matched together, so the ones who like the competition will get it for sure.

We believe that this will make the Derby a much more exciting and fair event for everyone. Now if you have any questions, please read all replies in this thread to avoid repeated questions. If you canít find an answer to your question, go ahead and post it. I will try to answer as many as possible.

Next up - letís hope the update arrives as soon as possible!

*EDIT: Since this post and introducing the Leagues to Hay Day, the matchmaking has changed again making this post obsolete.

Cheers,

Nick
    Nick / Supercell
    Community Manager
    Like Hay Day on Facebook: http://facebook.com/HayDayOfficial
    Follow Hay Day on Twitter: http://twitter.com/HayDay
    Follow Hay Day on Instagram: http://instagram.com/HayDay
    Subscribe to Hay Day YouTube: http://youtube.com/HayDay

Fresh Spawn

New suggest for derby improverement

Quote Originally Posted by Nick[Supercell] View Post
    Hey Folks!

With the upcoming update for Hay Day, thereís one major overhaul to the Derby matchmaking system I'd like to briefly talk about. Now, this change will not kick in full force until a couple of weeks from posting this (it needs to collect some data first) so you wonít see that big changes in the first one or two Derbies. More active neighborhoods will see the changes sooner than the less active ones, however. The system calculates the average performance of previous Derbies, so itís not only about the previous Derby or even 2 last Derbies. The further we go the better the matchmaking will become as it has more data to be used.

The change we have made is that the matchmaking will not only look for same sized neighborhoods, but will also match similarly performing neighborhoods. Let me explain it a bit further; Letís say that you are in a 20 player neighborhood and you guys like to take it easy. With the new matchmaking system you will not only be matched against 20 player neighborhoods, but a 20 player neighborhoods who like to take it easy as well. This will amp the possibilities for you to win, come second or third since you wonít be matched against super active 20 player neighborhoods anymore. If your neighborhood then decides to become way more active and competitive at some point, the matchmaking adjusts to it.

The super active and dedicated neighbourhoods will of course also be matched together, so the ones who like the competition will get it for sure.

We believe that this will make the Derby a much more exciting and fair event for everyone. Now if you have any questions, please read all replies in this thread to avoid repeated questions. If you canít find an answer to your question, go ahead and post it. I will try to answer as many as possible.

Cheers,

Nick

Ok Nick. The Derby so will be more exciting, but insert a table that can see the leader / group to see who makes and gets the derby of the same group and how many tasks are total ... thanks
    Last edited by Katia87; June 17th, 2015 at 06:33 AM. Reason: New suggest

so what youre saying is that my neighborhood will actually come in 2nd for once? haha, thats great, only one derby so far has given us a run for our money

New Guy
    In theory this sounds really good, but I'm not sure...

Actually, I really liked the fact that one week we had tough competition and the next week it was a 'walk in the park... The easy weeks gave us the time&opportunity to restock.

We'll see what happens, I guess.
    Hayday/Game center name: EllaGuruh
    NH: Ella's Chicken Sha!ck (without the exclamation mark) / Trophies: 7
    Level 91
    Barn: 2400 / Silo: 2400 / Achievements: 123/126

This is great news! We have a number of founder members of our hood who are less active (or inactive at the moment). I really do not want to kick them out; they have family and friends who continue to play.

We will be able to carry on in our usual relaxed way, and not be penalised. Thanks very much!

Quote Originally Posted by EllaGuru View Post
    In theory this sounds really good, but I'm not sure...

Actually, I really liked the fact that one week we had tough competition and the next week it was a 'walk in the park... The easy weeks gave us the time&opportunity to restock.

We'll see what happens, I guess.

I agree... Those weeks paired up with not so active gave us a break... I think this is great for "take it easy hoods" but I think it awful for active hoods... but we'll see how it plays out.. Our hood isn't made of sissies...

Quote Originally Posted by DianneDoodleSmith View Post
    I agree... Those weeks paired up with not so active gave us a break... I think this is great for "take it easy hoods" but I think it awful for active hoods... but we'll see how it plays out.. Our hood isn't made of sissies...
    Yes it favours the taking it easy hoods, which I think is in the spirit of HD as noncompetitive laid back fun relaxing game. I'm from one of the super active hoods, so not so good for us, but I think still in spirit of it and a good change.
    Chapter One #22V00CGY Level 16 International clan
    We welcome strong TH11 and TH12 adult players with big heros for relaxed fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Must know where the donate button is!

This is disappointing. We'll now be penalized for playing better and the trophy counts are now meaningless. My bronze trophy in a higher level derby could be more difficult to obtain than the gold in an easier one. My neighborhood is 8 for 8 gold, but we have had very difficult weeks and have enjoyed the competition. Nick, I hope Supercell is also adjusting the number of prizes given based on the "level" of neighborhood. Giving the same number and type of prizes to neighborhoods that didn't have to work as hard, is hardly fair.
    Look for me on Facebook. FB: Kelly Hay Email: khay22222@gmail.com
    Kik: kellyhay22

I was in a hood that ranks over 46k derby points each week
    there was preasure put on some members and no competition at all

after 10 weeks i went to a more relaxed hood

im glad my 46k hood will have competition now
    if they start loosing maybe their ego will drop

Quote Originally Posted by Nick[Supercell] View Post

Hey Folks!

Cheers,

Nick
    Nick, I'm concerned this might create incentives for us to under-perform in order to get matched in a less competitive pool of NHs.

Right now, the derby motivates me to try my best in a happy, pure way. With this update, trying to get as most points as possible could (perversely) hurt my NH in the long run. It would "punish" us by making the competition tougher in future derbies. That's an awkward position to be in.

I wish you guys could pull the reins on this. Please reconsider.
    farm 142 ~ town 41 ~ hay day friend book [ closed ]

of chill reputations - a different kind of Hay Day neighborhood
    now under the warm and deft leadership of Bont1ng.