17 14.41%

6 5.08%

12 10.17%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minotaur - The Mightiest of Troops

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Minotaur - Wall Shatterer

WARNING: This feed is rather long because I've put as much detail in it as possible, so that you all can see my vision. Please try to read all of it before commenting and If this comes off a bit OP, keep in mind only TH10 players will be able to unlock this beast.

The Hype

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyVince View Post
    Definitely structured your idea very well; With a few tweaks this is one of the few troops I'd like to use in the game!
    Quote Originally Posted by clannis View Post
    Good changes! It doesn't replaces the wallbreaker as much as before. I think the Minotaur could actually function pretty well with a few wallbreakers.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomMc View Post
    Dang bro u really put ur head into this project and just let me say I love the idea
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartate View Post
    I really want this creature in my troupes, so definitely +1

Description:
    The Minotaur is a mighty axe wielding beast, but why use an axe when you have wall-piercing horns? Use him to break a base wide open and let your melee troops in

Core Idea

- Wall
    s + Weak Tank
    - Make Valkyries (and other melee troops) Relevant Again

- Favorite target is walls but because of his strength, he doesn't just stop at the wall but does quite a bit of damage to the object behind it too
    - Attacks by lowering his head, charging through the wall at great speed (2x normal speed) with his horns, and then swinging his axe in an upward motion
    - The Minotaur must pause for 1 seconds to charge up before breaking a wall, and needs 2 seconds to recuperate afterwards
    - Unlike a wall breaker however, a Minotaur has a secondary target. If there are no walls with enclosed buildings within a 6 tile radius, the Minotaur joins the attack force swinging that vicious axe left and right at an attack speed of 2.0 seconds
    - Although he carries an axe like a valkyrie, he does not attack like one. Instead, he attacks a single building with 1 big chop

Bonus
    Minotaur is friends with the Hog but hates the Hog Rider

Stats
    Housing Space: 20
    Movement Speed: 16 (Barbarian speed)
    Attack Speed: 2 seconds
    Attack Type: Single Target (2 Tile Radius Splash Damage to Walls Only)
    Training Time: 20 min
    Favorite Target: Walls
    Secondary Target: Anything
    Range: 0.4 tiles (Barbarian Range)

Level Damage per Second (x20 for walls) Damage per Hit (x20 for walls) Hit Points Training Cost Research Cost Lab Level Research Time
    1 65 130 1900 200 N/a N/a N/a
    2 80 160 2200 245 70,000 8 10 days
    3 100 200 2500 300 85,000 8 14 days

Level 1
    Graphic Suggestion: Very Similar to the Above

Level 2
    Graphic Suggestion:
    Golden Axe

Level 3

Graphic Suggesti
    on: Axe has Black Fog Trail, Similar to P.E.K.K.A Swords

Number of Minotaur Hits to Break Wall
    Wall Level -->
    Minotaur Level v
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 3 3
    2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2
    3 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 2
    * Level 3 Minotaur + "Rage Spell" Will Break Level 10 Wall in 1 shot but not Level 11

Number of Wall Breakers to Break a Wall
    Wall Level -->
    W.B Level v
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    5 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 4
    6 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3

Wall Reference Guide

Offensive Strategies

- The Minotaur (as long as you keep him alive) acts as a war general, leading troops through walls instead of around them. Use him in the front lines to direct your troops to the center of your opponents base

- ValGoTaur - Because of the Minotaurs tendency to make troops cluster or group up, supporting troops should have HP enough to withstand splash DMG defenses. Valkyries are a perfect candidate for this job. Use Golems to distract defenses as well

- KnighTaur - Use a couple of Smashers "Knight's" to distract and kill defenses. The Minotaur will help get the Knight in to max reflection position in no time. Not to mention both of these troops benefit greatly from healing spells

- WiGoTaur - Use your Golem to distract defenses from targeting your Minotaur. This allows you to use less healing spells and more rage/freeze spells for your high powered wizards

- Giant+Healer+Minotaur - For Farming, a Minotaur is a giants best friend. Watch it guide the giants to the defenses with ease, and let your cheap troops do the rest of the work

Defensive Strategies

- Defenses should use simple maze configurations to spring trap Minotaurs and potentially ruin an entire attack strategy

- Plenty of small enclosed structures will keep the Minotaur busy for longer than hes worth. Might be better to use a ranged army for bases like these

Base Design

Ideal For Minotaur
    - No "T" joints in sight
    - "Box-in-Box" design
    - All walls are close enough to target
    - Place a Minotaur by a base like this, and watch him create a straight path directly to the TH

Not Ideal For Minotaur
    - Plenty of enclosed single structures
    - A lot of "T" joints
    - All walls less than 6 tiles away from each other
    - A Base like this would keep a Minotaur busy for days...

FAQ

Wouldn't Minotaurs completely replace Wall Breakers?
    - For users not willing to give up 20-40 housing space, no. Minotaurs require a completely new strategy plan which could be fun for users to experiment with

Do Minotaurs go straight to the middle of the base?
    - In a simple "Box-in-box" base the answer is yes. Just like Wall Breakers however, the Minotaur favors "T" joints, making it possible for users to direct him around, instead of through their base

How does a Minotaur decide when to stop breaking walls?
    - As soon as every encased structure is opened. If ranged troops have destroyed all structures inside the enclosure, the Minotaur should move on to his next target

Recent Changes
    - Increased speed to Barbarian Jog
    - Training time increased from 15-20 min
    - Changed targeting to 6 tile radius for walls
    - Removed 2x big bomb damage
    - Increased HP
    - Decrease Charge up/Cool Down Time

Forumers!!!
    - Hate it? Tell me why
    - Indifferent? Just rate the idea
    - Love it? Tell me why
    - As always suggestions are welcome and artwork would be amazing!

- Thanks

P.S. Dont Forget To Check Out My Minion Lord Idea

I'm just going to say this, and it should be enough to tell you how I feel.
    1. I never like new hero ideas.
    2. I like this one.
    Get what I'm saying? Hopefully.

Last edited by Jahboy777; May 21st, 2016 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Revamp

Definitely structured your idea very well; With a few tweaks this is one of the few troops I'd like to use in the game!
    Quote Originally Posted by PRODlGY
    Time moves so fast. It's like yesterday it was 2015!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coloradokiwiboy
    I haven't showered since like.. last year

Thanks a lot man.. anything specific i can improve on? or any aspect thats too op?
    Minion Lord (4.1 Stars) | Minotaur (3.9 Stars)
    Level 111 | Max TH9 | BK: 15 | AQ: 20 | Working on lvl 10 Walls

Banned
    It's ok. Increase the housing space...

Quote Originally Posted by Antdroid View Post
    It's ok. Increase the housing space...

higher than 20? would you use it if it was higher than 20?

Quote Originally Posted by Jahboy777 View Post
    higher than 20? would you use it if it was higher than 20?
    No. Don't increase.
    Quote Originally Posted by PRODlGY
    Time moves so fast. It's like yesterday it was 2015!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coloradokiwiboy
    I haven't showered since like.. last year

WARNING: This feed is rather long because I've put as much detail in it as possible, so that you all can see my vision. Please try to read all of it before commenting and If this comes off a bit OP, keep in mind only TH10 players will be able to unlock this beast.

Core Idea

Walls + Weak Tank
    Make Melee Troops More Effective
    The Minotaur is a mighty axe wielding beast unlocked at Dark Barrack lvl 7. His favorite target is walls but because of his strength, he doesn't just stop at the wall but does quite a bit of damage to the object behind it too. He attacks by lowering his head, charging through the wall at great speed with his horns, and then swinging his axe in an upward motion. Strength like this comes at a price though.. The Minotaur must pause for 2 seconds to charge up before breaking a wall, and needs 3 seconds to recuperate afterwards. Unlike a wall breaker however, a Minotaur has a secondary target. When a Minotaur knows it has successfully penetrated a base, it joins the attack force swinging that vicious axe left and right at an attack speed of 2.0 seconds

Attachment 119325 <---- Click It!!! You Know You Want To

Bonus
    Minotaur is friends with the Hog and not the Hog Rider lol

Stats
    Housing Space: 14
    Movement Speed: 16 (Barbarian speed)
    Attack Speed: 2 seconds
    Training Time: 20 min
    Favorite Target: Walls
    Secondary Target: Anything
    Range: 0.4 tiles (Barbarian Range)

Level Damage per Second (x20 for walls) Damage per Hit (x20 for walls) Hit Points Training Cost Research Cost Lab Level Research Time
    1 65 130 900 300 N/a N/a N/a
    2 80 160 1000 400 70,000 8 10 days
    3 100 200 1200 550 85,000 8 14 days

Level 1
    Graphic Suggestion: Very Similar to the Above

Level 2
    Graphic Suggestion:
    Golden Axe

Level 3

Graphic Suggesti
    on: Axe has Black Fog Trail, Similar to P.E.K.K.A Swords

Number of Minotaur Hits to Break Wall
    Wall Level -->
    Minotaur level v
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 3 3
    2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2
    3 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 2

Offensive Strategies

- The Minotaur (as long as you keep him alive) acts as a war general, leading troops through walls instead of around them. Use him in the front lines to direct your troops to the center of your opponents base

- ValkyTaur - Because of the Minotaurs tendency to make troops cluster or group up, supporting troops should have HP enough to withstand splash DMG defenses. Valkyries are a perfect candidate for this job

- WiWiTaur - Use Larrys to set off spring and big bomb traps before your slow moving Minotaur gets there. Wizards of course for firepower

- WiGoTaur - Use your Golem to distract defenses from targeting your Minotaur. This allows you to use less healing spells and more rage/freeze spells for your high powered wizards

- PekkaTaur - Although Pekkas don't have much of a problem breaking through walls, their attack power is better spent on defenses and strong structures than walls

- BarchaTaur - Efficient farming technique to get weak troops to the center of a base. (recommend a couple of healers or healing spells)

Defensive Strategies

- Defenses should use simple maze configurations to spring trap Minotaurs and potentially ruin an entire attack strategy

- Current defense strategies such as doubling up on big bombs work well against the Minotaur too. Big Bombs do 2x dmg (2 Maxed out big bombs kill lvl 2 Minotaur)

FAQ

Wouldn't Minotaurs completely replace Wall Breakers?
    - For users not willing to give up 20-40 housing space, no. Minotaurs require a completely new strategy plan which could be fun for users to experiment with

Do Minotaurs go straight to the middle of the base?
    - In a simple "Box-in-box" base the answer is yes. Just like Wall Breakers however, the Minotaur favors "T" joints, making it possible for users to direct him around, instead of through their base

How does a Minotaur decide when to stop breaking walls?
    - As soon as every encased structure is opened. If ranged troops have destroyed all structures inside the enclosure, the Minotaur should move on to his next target

Recent Changes
    - More Strategies
    - (possible change so that Minotaur only targets walls with defense behind it)
    - (possible lvl 4 addition that breaks through lvl 10 walls with one hit)
    - Housing Space decreased from 20 to 14

Forumers!!!
    - Hate it? Tell me why
    - Indifferent? Just rate the idea
    - Love it? Tell me why
    - As always suggestions are welcome and artwork would be amazing!

- Thanks
    I like this, just a few comments. First off, the Minotaur should charge the wall within X (2-3 I would say) spaces of it, bringing speed up somewhat. Also, I feel that 20 spaces might be a bit much. I can get 5 wallbreakers, do the same amount of damage to walls, and still have room for attacking troops to make up for that secondary target. Also, would the Minotaur view the second wall, if I used a double row of walls, as the secondary target, or would it headbutt it again?

Overall I like this idea. ****
    Last edited by Theking8133; July 13th, 2015 at 08:19 PM.
    My best threads: The Overseer, Flying Shark,Shockwave Spell, Empusa, FLAMEingo
    Quote Originally Posted by raidingisfun View Post
    Be careful, soon they are going to start charging for pointless threads on the forums too. A lot of you are going to be broke!

Quote Originally Posted by Theking8133 View Post
    I like this, just a few comments. First off, the Minotaur should charge the wall within X (2-3 I would say) spaces of it, bringing speed up somewhat. Also, I feel that 20 spaces might be a bit much. I can get 5 wallbreakers, do the same amount of damage to walls, and still have room for attacking troops to make up for that secondary target. Also, would the Minotaur view the second wall, if I used a double row of walls, as the secondary target, or would it headbutt it again?

Overall I like this idea. ****

1. I was actually just thinking about the range in which the Minotaur should attack walls.. Don't want him walking all the way across the map for almost no reason. Think the range should be 5-6 tiles though. Just so that he is still most likely to only target walls.
    2. Should i increase speed to say 24? Valkyrie speed?
    3. Ok, Ill leave him at 14 housing space and spring trap susceptible for now
    4. If the walls are touching he should just break through both at the same time. Anti-archer walls however he'd have to retarget.

Also, thanks for voting!!

Recent Changes
    - Changed targeting to 6 tile radius for walls
    - Removed 2x big bomb damage
    - Added "Hype" and "Base Design" sections
    - Added W.B Chart for Reference
    - Increased HP
    - Decrease Charge up/Cool Down Time
    Dramatically increased HP to be slightly less than a level 1 PEKKA
    Also decreased charge up and cool down time

Double walls

Would the second wall in a two thick wall set be hit like a normal building or would it need another charge?