Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is this ruled out?

Why is this ruled out?

There was already a thread like this, however it's dead and would take forever to find.

And mine will use simple to understand sentences that 10 year olds who really shouldn't be playing will thouroughly understand.

This thread will explain why every single idea that is ruled out, is ruled out. Many people are asking these days "Why is this idea ruled out?"

Check out Kowalski's Thread on this topic too

Now, shall I start?

DISCLAIMER: WALL OF TEXT INCOMING!

Frequently Requested:

*Donating (or trading) resources or gems to (with) other player- Pretty obvious why this is ruled out. You could abuse it by making your mini join a clan and you donating all your resources or a very large amount to it. If you say that we could limit the number of times done per day, that would still be abusable. Just donate as much as you can once the limit resets.

*An exchange building to convert between elixir, gold, dark elixir, or gems This would also be abused. You could raid for elixir or gold and convert it into dark elixir or even gems. Resources are best earned by hard work rather than going out and exchanging them.

*Assign multiple builders to one build/upgrade Clash works pretty well with the "only one builder per building" system. If multiple builders worked on 1 building, it would lose the sense of achievment you get when you upgrade something. Start an upgrade, assign all builders, building gets done rapidly, no, just no. It won't work out.

*Upgradeable builders’ huts – lvl 2 huts for a 5% time decrease? Same as above. 5% decrease might not be much, but it still isn't needed.

*Player search function There are possibly thousands of people with the name you're looking for. It would also cause server lag.

*Active/ Live “Online Status” examples: colored icons, on/off indicator, etc. There are privacy issues. Some people don't want others to know when they are online

*Indicate last online date Again, privacy issues

*Remove the “Report” button/feature from global chat. Abused too often, and mute is better solution Supercell needs this for legal reasons so they can track the message reported. Like if a crime or something happens because of a message and Supercell is in legal trouble, it can trace back the message.

Clan Related:
    *Add other clan requirements to apply besides trophies, ex: Specific troop lvl, TH lvl, lab lvl, game lvl Just set your clan to invite only. Problem solved

*Customizable clan flag Many people would make inappropriate and offensive designs

*Add ability to send short message to rejected applicants similar to when expelling If used by the wrong people, they would write offensive rejection messages

*A large text area for clan rules that just the clan can see (separate from public clan description) The Clan description has already been lengthened. It is also unecessary

*Leader (and co-leaders) ability to delete messages in chat Trolly Co leaders and Leaders. 'Nuff said

*Modify clan msg of player joining with who invited player: xx joined clan, invited by xx Would cause drama. Too much drama.

*Add clan rank to Clan Info Screen – Quicker to reference than scrolling to end of top 200 list Every Clan has a rank. There are lots of clans. Would cause server lag if they displayed every signle clan's rank to them

*Increase clan size: 75 or 100 are most common requests I'm sure 50 people are enough to manage for the Leader. Any more and it would be a pain to manage it.

* Separate Elder+ chat tab in-game Make a group on Kik, Line, Whatsapp, etc. for elders+ only

More in next post!
    Last edited by trooperc007; June 12th, 2015 at 06:42 PM.

Part 2

Defensive Structure Related:
    *Ability to camouflage/purchase camouflage – (make AT appear as a barracks until within range) I know CoC has no logic, but this is a little too much. How are you going to make it so an AT appears as a barracks?

*Ability to load current x-bow with elixir or dark elixir for extra bonus of some sort We already have the inferno tower, which is loaded with DE. No oneed to load Xbows with them too. And people would always be doing it just to get the bonus

*Stack def structures – ATs over walls, Teslas on top of barracks (truly hidden), etc. This would actually hurt you instead of helping you. It would make your base easy to destroy because everything is so compact.

*Upgrade to 2-story walls that hog riders/jump spell can’t penetrate (maybe limit #) Hog riders are meant to jump walls, and if this happened, jump spells would be useless.

*Display both X-bow range circles at once for planning – different color on inactive one Uneeded. You can easily switch between the modes

*Modify clan castle – toggle defend/not defend (like heroes) I actually think this is a good idea and don't know why it's ruled out.

*Auto request CC troops in clan if you win a defense (shield didn’t activate, still attackable) If your clan has a donation ratio this could get you lots more troops recieved and you could get into trouble with that

Other Buildings Related:
    *Gem mines/drills We already have them. They're called obstacles
    *Wizard Laboratory to create/upgrade wizard projectiles/spells Normal lab does that already
    *Add a second laboratory or a second slot in current lab to do two researches at once That would put lots of stress on the wizards. They have lives too On a serious note, it called a laboratory, not laboratories

*Queue upgrades/builds People would exploit it and hide resources in the queue

*Troop Armor Building. Research upgrades to troop armors/attack/speed, etc. Normal lab already increses HP and attack. Speed would make them zip around the place and effectively make mortars useless

*Swap buildings – drop one on the other, pop-up or double tap to swap if same size We can already do it quite easily without this feature

*Ability to turn on all def building radius circles at once to check coverage Lag, so much lag.

*Trap/Explosives hut to upgrade/build bigger ones More powerful traps would make it stressful to go raiding

Troop/Barracks Related:
    *Customize troop builds = to order, permanent productions, saved queues, etc. This isn't really Boom Beach...

*Queue troop donation notices when offline – display when back online or new interface to see info after I'll be honest, I don't know what this one means

*Show total training time left above barracks It only takes 2 clicks to go look in the barracks

*Show total elixir costs of troops sitting in army camps Why do we need the costs? Simply do this: Check how much elixir you have before training troops, and after training, check how much elixir you have. Find the difference and that's how much they costed

*5x or 10x button in troop training screens for faster queuing It only takes a few seconds to queue a lot of troops. Also, some people's fingers are accustomed to holding it down, and they would train too many and waste time

*Ability to rearrange barracks queued troops (ex: click/hold slide troop icon first in queue to the
    middle) Whatever order the training is in, it still takes the same amount of time to train, right?

*Modify healers to include healing air troops Healers have 2 hands just like you. And they use both to heal ground troops.

*Troop carrier (Trojan horse-like) it moves on its own until damaged, then troops pop out I could just deploy them where I wanted them to go and have them arrive untouched. That wouldn't be fair, would it?

*Release a hero for every troop type (Some more may come eventually, but not EVERY troop) (His Majesty ) Twister has already stated the cause. Not every troop will come in as a hero

*Prepackaged troop clusters = similar to clan castle deployment, but you can load like 50 troop count in 4 different clusters to deploy on offense all at once. 50 troops in 4 clusters being released all at once? That's a bit OP...and laggy

*Have clan war troop donations count towards donation statistics (I actually am in favor of this ) Troop donations are meant to be for the clan during normal times, not during war.
    Last edited by trooperc007; July 1st, 2015 at 09:47 PM.

Part 3

Battle Related:
    *Ability to filter matchmaking by resources or trophies available Wouldn't work. People would just set the filter for the highest of both

*Capture live attackers and have them reassigned to your own clan castle, army camps, or new structure There are people who are always on their phone (I'm guilty ). They'll easily catch. This would make it impossible to raid

*Bonus/award if attacker skips your village – partial payment to you on match fee The fee is low and wouldn't be efficient

*On Offensive Battle Summary include resource cost of troops/spells used Again, cost isn't really something important. It's the battle that counts

*Ability to assign 5 or so of your own troops to defend Town Hall, same AI as CC, smaller radius 5 troops? So I can send 5 dragons to protect my town hall? Yeah, no.

*Ability to transfer a revenge to a clan member or public hitlist Why would another clan member want to revenge someone that attacked YOU?

*Auto reset/repurchase traps if you win a defense (shield didn’t activate, still attackable) What if you didn't have sufficient gold?

*Add a small chance to “Steal/Win/Replace” spells on an attack victory (suggest 3-star only) Stealing causes drama, and once you cast a spell, it's supposed to be gone, and where would you win a spell from?

*Back button in matchmaking for accidental “Next” clicks – Perhaps cost double fee to return It's your fault if you nexted without checking. This is why you should examine every base before clicking next

*Deactivate spell selection after casting to avoid multiple mis-casts, make user re-select if
    wanted If you are trying to use multiple spells in a spot or trying to use multiple spells in quick succession, this would mess that up

*Add a 1-2 second spell casting cooldown to prevent unwanted multiple mis-casts Read above idea ^^^

Graphical Interface Related:
    *Separate tab in chat for troop requests What's wrong with requests in Clan Chat?

*Revenge list indicate online/shielded or currently attackable without having to click each person’s button This would lead to privacy issues

*Ability to hide certain attacks in battle logs Was there really that bad of a raid you did?

*Show loot/trophies which were available on battle logs in addition to what was earned [color=red] It's easy. 1 star = 1/3 of available trophies. If you want to see loot, just check the replay and it will tell you.

*When revenge used – defense log includes original attack results
    (resources/trophies/%/stars) I'll be honest again, I don't know what this means

*Modify Att/Def Won stat to include losses as well, example: Attacks: 38/12 Defenses: 3/12 Supercell will never add negative stats

*Add comma or space at thousands space in ALL places: Upgrade buttons, spell/troop buttons, shop, etc. Lot's of people use the Hindu-Arabic number system, in which we say big numbers in Lakhs, Crores, etc. The commas are also in a different place. This would be confusing to people who use this system.

*Add a counter when all builders are busy to indicate when first one will be free There already is. Just look on top of your builder when he builds something. There is a timer there. 100% legit not a scam

*Allow iOS Device battery indicator icon to be displayed while in-game Pretty sure it's up to apple to decide whether or not to do this

*Upgrade menu listing all things upgradable Why don't you just go check what you want to upgrade?

*Ability to turn on white buffer lines without moving building/decoration I actually support this too. I don't actually know why it's ruled out.

*Add a League Chat area Global chat is enough to complain about. We really don't need a league chat

Miscellaneous:
    *Resetting or restarting a specific village Your "friends" could go reset your village on accident or (if they're really mean) on purpose

*Rate base feature Gang of trolls comes up and they all rate a base 0 or 1. 'Nuff said

*Keep replays through maintenance – increase from 4 to 6 or at least since last login Maintenace has to clear the replays

*Add a setting to disable village animations to improve performance on older devices This is ruled out because it's practically impossible to stop all village animations

*Add gem use confirmation on all functions Supercell WANTS you to spend gems so you can buy more. It's business.

*Botany Research- Ups spawn rate of obstacles and/or increase in chance/# of gems when removing Clash isn't that type of game where plants serve much of a purpose. And Botany means plants, some obstacles (rocks, logs, etc) are not botanical.

*Additional leaderboards based on TH level We don't need more leaderboards. The ones we have should be enough

*Add ability to play background music while in game natively The system actually automatically shuts off all other sound when you open clash to initialize the game.

*Log gem usage/gains in gamecenter (or ingame) so users can look to see where they went Some "anti gemmers" would look at your GC and you know what happens next

*Add an unmute option for accidental muting – or have a list showing all muted to pick certain unmutes How can you unmute someone if you can't see their profile anymore?

*Add custom sound notifications for Clash push notifications iOS/Android already have their own and it would be up to Apple/The various Android companies to decide this

*Add mini-games, something to occupy time Doesn't really fit in with the "Clash of Clans" theme. I mean, you're getting ready to wreck a base. Will you go play a quick minigame first? No

And those were all the ruled out ideas with an explanation.

Hope you have a nice day

LIST OF IDEAS I THINK SHOULD BE RULED OUT!!!
    Last edited by trooperc007; July 1st, 2015 at 09:48 PM.

at the gym or playing clash, sometimes both
    Thanks for making this. This should be read by all fresh spawns.

Nice work!

Hope this gets sticky

But then again, too much stickies

Centennial Club

Nice try

I like what your trying to do here, but if people dont read the stickies there is no way they are going to read this post . Instead of you making up this list as to why you think the ideas are ruled out, SC should. as imo some of the ruled out seem quite plausible, yet without explanation on why they are ruled out many people still post the ideas because they dont agree that they are ruled out. Ultimately flooding the forums.
    Clash Name: JollyRogdawg Lvl: 114 TH Status: Lvl 10 Heroes: Lvl 20 Walls: Lvl 9 Clan: Wolfpack

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRogdawg View Post
    I like what your trying to do here, but if people dont read the stickies there is no way they are going to read this post . Instead of you making up this list as to why you think the ideas are ruled out, SC should. as imo some of the ruled out seem quite plausible, yet without explanation on why they are ruled out many people still post the ideas because they dont agree that they are ruled out. Ultimately flooding the forums.
    I get what you're saying. I'm making this list because SC hasn't done so yet.

List completed.

Can't wait until someone makes a list playing devil's advocate!

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMagic824 View Post
    Can't wait until someone makes a list playing devil's advocate!
    Um, what....?