Thread: Low scores in Derby

Low scores in Derby

I've noticed and I was wondering if anyone else has....since the last update the scores seem lower for the derby. My hood of 30 was consistently getting 24-25000 points each derby and were usually within 2-3 thousand points of 2nd place. We are still winning and still within a few thousand points of 2nd place but our scores are more around 19-20 thousand. Anyone else notice this or is it just my hood?
    Nothing has changed about our hood in weeks. We have the same number of players and we all take the same types of tasks we did before. The overall score just seems to have dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by jmclaughlin82 View Post
    I've noticed and I was wondering if anyone else has....since the last update the scores seem lower for the derby. My hood of 30 was consistently getting 24-25000 points each derby and were usually within 2-3 thousand points of 2nd place. We are still winning and still within a few thousand points of 2nd place but our scores are more around 19-20 thousand. Anyone else notice this or is it just my hood?
    Nothing has changed about our hood in weeks. We have the same number of players and we all take the same types of tasks we did before. The overall score just seems to have dropped.
    The only thing that has changed is some of the points see below thread, it lists old points an what new points are.

anything blank in new colum means it's now non existent like the 12 boats etc

http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...of-Derby-Tasks

Everydays A Hayday!
    GC: Carinamw87 - Lvl 69 117/126 Achievements
    BST-UTC/GMT - To Hayday Or Not To Hayday - That Is Not The Question!
    Ditch'spiration - HERE

Things You Didn't Know - HERE
    Blue NH Box & what it REALLY means HERE

Millennial Club
    and we all take the same types of tasks we did before
    How do you know?
    GC: Snoopy Lane
    Level: 159; Town: 60; Barn: 5900; Silo: 6250
    Still to go: 5 achievements, 10 permits, 65 puzzle pieces, 37 fish, 1 machine mastery

Very active leader.

Quote Originally Posted by XYZZY View Post
    How do you know?
    I am a very active leader. I monitor which tasks everyone is completing and I frequently ask who has which tasks completed. I just don't understand how the total points could have dropped so drastically but we are still winning....usually by like 3-5 thousand points. Maybe its just luck I guess but that doesn't explain how our total points have dropped by 4-5 thousand while my hood hasn't changed. We have the same hoodies and we are all participating (my one rule is that all must participate in derby) at the same level as before. Its odd to me. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Now it is much easier to get more points like before. There is now for example growing and animal tasks with 280 or 300+ points . So maybe you should rethink your strategy, if you are getting less points as before. We are getting much more points..
    Last edited by maaritu; June 2nd, 2015 at 12:24 PM.

Maybe it's a math thing? A 5000 point change looks big, but that's only a 167-point change per neighbor. That works out to a 30-something point drop per task on average. That might seem like a big drop to you too, but averages can give a distorted snapshot of what's really happening. It doesn't necessarily mean that everyone is taking tasks that are lower by 30 points.

Do you have neighbors that used to do the old 12-boat/390 point tasks? Well, those don't exist anymore. So that's a deficit of 70 points at least for each neighbor that would have chosen one of those tasks over the current 320-max boat task.

Do you have neighbors that like to do town visitor tasks? Those are 281-point max now. I think there used to be town tasks that exceeded 300 points before.

So, the explanation could be something as simple as arithmetic and changes in the derby tasks.

Since you seem committed to monitoring the derby tasks in your NH, you could add the points your neighbors report collecting yourself. You're asking them if they finished the task... when you do that, make note of the points that should have been added to your total derby score.

If your tally doesn't match your actual derby score, then one of these things are happening:

1/ There's a game glitch and the derby is not counting all your points.
    2/ One or more of your neighbors are being untruthful about completing their tasks.
    3/ You may not be great at arithmetic and made a mistake in your own calculations.

Alright, good luck.
    farm 142 ~ town 41 ~ hay day friend book [ closed ]

of chill reputations - a different kind of Hay Day neighborhood
    now under the warm and deft leadership of Bont1ng.