Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Official clash.tools feedback thread

Official clash.tools feedback thread

Folks - after about a month of barely sleeping I'm happy to announce the general availability of clash.tools.

http://clash.tools

Yes, you read that right. There is no .com at the end - it's simply clash.tools. Easy to remember, easy to lead your clanmates to.

This is my attempt to create the ultimate clan war management tool for serious war clans. It takes the best pieces of other apps like Clashcaller, adds a bunch of awesomeness, and provides a clean, efficient way to manage clan wars.

I'd like to use this thread as a way for the community to provide feedback (good and bad), request features, or just ask for help. We've been using it in KARA Rising and KARA heroes for the past 7-8 wars to work most of the bugs out - but the app is still in beta as of 5/26/15.

Partial list of features -

• Users of clash.tools make a request to join your clan. No dealing with clan passwords, no worrying about someone getting in who isn't supposed to be there.
    • Members can be promoted to elder, co-leader, and leader. The higher you are in the clan, the more privileges you have in the app.
    • War settings are configured once and used in each of your wars. Configuration options include:
      • Targets can be assigned by leaders, or open for all members. Initial targets can be set differently than cleanup targets
      • Set an explicit time for first attacks and cleanup attacks
      • Set a free-for-all period for the end of the war
      • You can choose whether to allow overcalls (can members call a base that's already called?)

• Real-time clock on the war and base calls, updated the second someone changes an assignment or updates an attack
    • A clan activity history stream showing who did what, and when
    • Member profile page that includes the ability to set hero upgrade timers. These will be seen by leaders when setting up the next war
    • Reporting for leaders including full attack history, 3 star rate, and average attack value*

*more on that coming in a future post. The Attack Value is a calculation for each attack measuring the overall value to the clan based on several factors.

Stay tuned for more!!

Looks really nice actually! I'll talk to our leaders about switching to this from clash caller!
    Th11 | Level 142 | Clan: ArtOfWar^ | Former TBL and TRL
    870+ War Stars | 255+ Million War Loot | 40/40/20 Heroes
    My Youtube (War Recaps and More!) (No longer active)

Trainee
    the profile page could use some work, whne you're inputing wall levels/amounts you can have it set to have more than 250 walls, also you have have max level troops with any town hall level selected. it would be nice if there were restrictions once you select which TH level you are.
    Legos: 106/250
    Started: 28 Feb. 2013
    Near max TH9
    Elder of Reddit Zulu

Quote Originally Posted by greyson194 View Post
    the profile page could use some work, whne you're inputing wall levels/amounts you can have it set to have more than 250 walls, also you have have max level troops with any town hall level selected. it would be nice if there were restrictions once you select which TH level you are.
    Also if you could put in defence and trap levels as well, and then estimate the weight of the player with that information, that would be amazing. Or just let players input their own weight somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by greyson194 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. At some point when you're a one man army trying to build software with this kind of complexity you must cut corners or risk never shipping a product. I'm honestly hoping people are smart enough to know what troop and wall levels they have, as there is no advantage to configuring one's profile with anything but the honest truth.

And the main value in the app is war management, not user profiles. Frankly I could have left that entire part out in this initial release - the only data point the app uses is TH level when setting up new wars.

I imagined at some point having a public profile so when someone does a join request the leaders of the clan can see their stats without having to find them in the game.
    Last edited by minpin; May 27th, 2015 at 03:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GamX View Post
    Also if you could put in defence and trap levels as well, and then estimate the weight of the player with that information, that would be amazing. Or just let players input their own weight somewhere.
    I'm considering adding defensive buildings and traps with war weights managed in the app. On top of that there could be an automated matchmaking system so clans who want to do arranged wars could set rosters and find other clans of similar weights.

The main issue is getting everyone in a clan to keep their buildings and levels up to date. It could work great if they do, or fail miserably if matches are made that don't actually work because the data is bad.

It worked very nice! Keep it Up
    Last edited by MineofClans; May 28th, 2015 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MineofClans View Post
    There is a problem that I cannot join any clan even when I mate the clan I cannot join it.
    When you create a clan, you are automatically put in the clan as the leader. You may have to refresh your browser to see this change.

ALso, sorry but clashcaller is better because its easier and not complicated. WHILE in urs you will have to make an email account also some people can enter any tag. It would be better to make it with a code or some similar instead of emails.
    "Better" is subjective. It really depends on what features make sense for your clan. Clashcaller is beautiful in it's simplicity, but that comes at a cost. Anyone can change anything, there is no security. We used clashcaller for a long time in KH/KR, but ultimately it doesn't do much of what we really needed.

Email is used in clash.tools as a way for the app to communicate back to you. For example, the most common thing that happens is people forgetting their password. There needs to be some way to deal with this. Security is important in clash.tools because everything you can do in the app is based on your level in the clan. I'm not sure what you mean by "do it with a code".

Try to make an apk and api file as well
    What would you use the API for? Sounds like you're volunteering to build native apps for iOS and Android

Clashtools 101: setting up your clan

I'm putting together a series of videos that should help people get up and running. First up is a quick walkthrough on adding your clan to the app and an overview of the war settings -

Quote Originally Posted by minpin View Post
    I'm putting together a series of videos that should help people get up and running. First up is a quick walkthrough on adding your clan to the app and an overview of the war settings -

Hey, our clan decided that we are going to start using this, and when I tried to hand over leadership of the clan on clash.tools, it left both of us as co-leads and no real leader within the clan. A fix would be appreciated.