Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Omicron - A TH9 Farming Base Series by Matty (Expanded/Variations)

Omicron - A TH9 Farming Base Series by Matty (UPDATED 09/2015)!

UPDATED AS OF 17/09/2015! (Sweepers/Traps/Dark Spell Factory/Swag!)

Hey everyone.

I'm very new to the forums and as such this is my 2nd Base Design thread. This thread will ultimately be a Compilation Thread containing my own TH9 Base Designs. Version 1 will be the most analysed and focus'd base but all are very good at defending.

The base is continuously adapting based on my received defense logs and community feedback (If it makes sense) and thus the main version will change ever so slightly from time to time, getting better with every update!

As of right now, this particular Base series does not have many defense logs but I will upload some more logs as soon as I receive some serious raids in the near future.

Base Inspiration: Dominion by Orz.

Please read the entirety of the post to understand the factors behind certain changes and revisions, as well as the defense

MAKE SURE TO VIEW EVERY BASE AND NOT JUST THE FIRST VERSION/DESIGN!

Anyways, I present to you..

__Omicron__

- A Town Hall 9 Farming Base -

V.1a

Walls/Traps Only

CC Radius

Key objectives:

Balanced Protection for all resources with large focus on DE Protection.

This base is for Players who are constantly upgrading defenses such as Teslas/Hero's, and thus allows a lot of flexibility on their placement/position, without handicapping overall defense too much. I have recently bumped my older V.1 to be my newest design.

Features -

• Balanced Resource Protection with an added focus on Dark Elixir Protection.
    • Defense Structures provide a continuous "ring" like pathing, diverting all Defense targeting troops to patrol the base instead of diving into the core. However, like most bases, a jump spell can still be deadly!
    • Equal Defense coverage of every type of Defense Structure.
    • Anti-Giant pathing/traps. This is extremely effective with this particular design - An in-depth analysis of pathing goals will be discussed in the future.
    • Central CC, very difficult to lure troops.
    • Anti Hog! (Updated)
    • All compartments feature a 3 tile/wall length from each internal corner/T-Junction, making Wall breakers less effective.
    • Air Bombs are out of range of Air Defenses, to counter Lava's triggering them instead of Minions.
    • PERFECT X-Bow coverage, allowing maximum DPS from this defense.
    • Looks amazing!

Defensive Logs
    (In Process of testing, more to follow soon!)

Please note base version and structural changes/conditions in red during defense(s).

These logs are almost redundant, due to the fact that it is an older version, but I will leave them here for now, for the sake of having some sort of logs, albeit outdated.

1) V.1b (OLD VERSION)

Max Hogs + x4 Max Healing Spells + Hero's & Archers. Great Defense

NOTE: AQ WAS UPGRADING. THIS WAS ALSO PRIOR TO THE CHANGES IN EXTERIOR DEFENSE LOCATIONS - Would've been even better!

2) V.1b (OLD VERSION)

Level 6 Barch + Level 6 CC Giants + x3 Healing Spells & x1 Jump Spell on core (Ineffective). NOTE: AQ WAS UPGRADING, x3 WIZARD TOWERS UPGRADING. THIS WAS ALSO PRIOR TO THE CHANGES IN EXTERIOR DEFENSE LOCATIONS.

3) V.1b (OLD VERSION)

TH10 MAX Level 7 Giants + Level 6 Archers & x1 Rage Spell. HIGH LEVEL HEROS LEVEL 38 AQ!

NOTE: ZERO DEFENSIVE CLAN CASTLE TROOPS, AQ WAS UPGRADING, x3 WIZARD TOWERS UPGRADING. THIS WAS ALSO PRIOR TO THE CHANGES IN EXTERIOR DEFENSE LOCATIONS.

4) V.1 (LATEST)

GiWiGoBarch Defense. Level 6 Giants + Level 6 Archers + L5 Wizards + Goblins + Heroes & x4 Healing Spells.

NOTE: ZERO DEFENSIVE CLAN CASTLE TROOPS, AQ WAS UPGRADING, x3 WIZARD TOWERS UPGRADING.

5) V.1 (LATEST)

TH9 GiGoArch + Max Healer Defense. Level 6 Giants + Level 6 Archers + Goblins + Healer + BK & x2Rage Spells.

NOTE: ZERO DEFENSIVE CLAN CASTLE TROOPS x2 WIZARD TOWERS UPGRADING, AS WELL AS TONS OF ARCHER TOWERS.

​​

6) V.1 (LATEST)

TH9 GoGoHoArch Defense. Level 6 Giants + L3/5 Hogs + Level 6 Archers + Goblins & x1 Rage & x1 Heal Spells.

NOTE: x2 WIZARD TOWERS UPGRADING, AS WELL AS TONS OF ARCHER TOWERS.

TO BE CONTINUED!

Additional Designs and Versions!

V.1b

V.1c

V.2

Updated the 2 by closing the DE Vat compartment for a slightly better DE protection. Moved SAM locations to accommodate wall loss.

V.3

*CC Radius of the last 4 designs have been misplaced i.e lost the image on my phone lulz* They are still very central.

I don't feel the need to mention pros/cons again. Bases have similar strengths etc.

PLEASE, respond, criticize constructively and share you thoughts below! Every comment is appreciated.

Byezies.

Last edited by mattyy; October 8th, 2015 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Update
    Proud Clan Leader of CLUTTONS

Updated TH9 Farming Base A R C A N U M : http://tinyurl.com/ohbtr3a

Thread approved
    Now retired from YouTube, feel free to say hi I always like a good chat
    I still run my twitter account it's @daddy_clash (although I rarely tweet)

Second!

The base looks pretty smexy! The ad are a bit exposed, so loonion would get at least two storages. What is the range of the cc? The base might be weak, like most labys, goblins under the meat shield of giants, or heal spells.

Rating: 7.5!

I would move WT closer to gold storage, but that may completely change the design of the base. Not bad for a second base!
    Last edited by Crescendosorcerer; May 28th, 2015 at 12:17 AM.
    Hiring people to make a new sig for me!!

Wow! It looks really good! But the loyals are to exposed for my liking I would probably swap the cannons (next to the loyals in the wall) with the loyals.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatLach View Post
    Youre now acknowledged. Hear Ye, hear Ye. Thy fellow forumers.
    Do not encourage spammers/Trollers, because as far as I'm concerned, you are condoning said material. For it is now written, that if someone encourages a troll, you yourself must be trolling. Let my words be known as truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Crescendosorcerer View Post
    Second!

The base looks pretty smexy! The ad are a bit exposed, so loonion would get at least two storages. What is the range of the cc? The base might be weak, like most labys, goblins under the meat shield of giants, or heal spells.

Rating: 7.5!

I would move WT closer to gold storage, but that may completely change the design of the base. Not bad for a second base!
    Thanks for the response

Yeah the base was designed with Loonion attacks being somewhat not prioritized, since it's very rare for me to be attacked by them. But I'll keep testing and stuff and see what happens! I'll upload a CC radius picture soon!

Quote Originally Posted by DanazX View Post
    Wow! It looks really good! But the loyals are to exposed for my liking I would probably swap the cannons (next to the loyals in the wall) with the loyals.
    Thank you Yeah you make a good point, I'll make a note of the swap and mention it when I update the post a bit later.

Not a bad design but it looks like it was also inspired by Orz's Singularity.
    EAT. SLEEP. RAID. REPEAT.

Added version V1.b / Updated Base with recent upgrades/structures.

BUMPNESS.

no one is perfect. i am no one. there I=perfect
    Seems very stromg! Your AD are a bit exposed, so loonion could get to your storages easier
    overall, very nice!
    ★★I cats!! (pikachu render credits: KuroTenyyo of deviantart)★★

Quote Originally Posted by pikacu221 View Post
    Seems very stromg! Your AD are a bit exposed, so loonion could get to your storages easier
    overall, very nice!
    Thanks for the feedback! Version 1.b is considered to be the more Anti Air capable of the 2 variations, so I would suggest people use that one if they get raided by Loonian alot, I myself never get raided with Loonian, but it's mostly because of my farming trophy range. Both bases are very good vs Giant Comps though which im happy with. Got a couple of logs I will post maybe tomorrow!
    Last edited by mattyy; October 8th, 2015 at 07:28 PM.
    Proud Clan Leader of CLUTTONS

Updated TH9 Farming Base A R C A N U M : http://tinyurl.com/ohbtr3a