View Poll Results: Do you like the idea?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!!! You have my support!

8 88.89%
  • No, sorry, I don't think theres a need for this.

1 11.11%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [ANDROID APPLICATION] Guides, strategies, tutorials, tactics and tools for everyone.

Smile [ANDROID APPLICATION] Guides, strategies, tutorials, tactics and tools for everyone.

Project on hold until 25th of June, sorry guys, personal problems :/

NEW VERSION IS OUT!!!!!
    UPDATE YOUR APP OR DOWNLOAD IT ON THE FOLLOWING LINK:
    CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

Hello, let me introduce myself as this is my first post on this forum..

Who am I?
    My name is Antonio, I'm an 20 year old student who's gonna have quite a bit of a free time in the next couple of months, I spend my free time doing applications for android, graphic design, playing guitar, games etc..

Why am I doing this?
    Now, around a month ago Clash of Clans spread like a virus at my college, I mean, every other person was playing it day and night, me being no exception.
    We all had great time playing the game and we wanted others to do so too..
    But as I live in Croatia, only a small percentage of population speaks english, and even though we wanted to help others as much as possible, it seemed like there'd be always some person who we'd need to babysit and translate her everything word by word and even then they'd do trivial mistakes in the beginning and quit because of that.

Where did I get the idea from??
    Then an idea came to my mind, I have plenty of free time, why wouldn't I create a guide application so even the people who don't speak english enough to understand everything at first and who can't use the forums because of that language barrier could play the game without feeling limited?

Whats the current status of the app?
    So that's how I came to idea of creating Tips And Tricks Clash of Clans mobile application, currently it's not even 3% done, it only has some basic tips that I think every player should know about, published it just to show you that I'm really serious about this, and also so I could start slowly getting people to know about it.

Why would this app be any different from dozens of others already there?

Well, thats where You come in!
    I want to make this app special, community driven but I can't do that without you.. I, myself, can code everything, but as you can probably see, I suck at writing, I'll need you to point me to the most important guides, tools, tutorials..,the best ones, filter the inaccurate or fake ones etc.Also, the translations, I can translate the game to around 5-6 languages, but for the rest, I'll need you, I don't have any money to pay someone else do it, yet, in the future I hope I'll be able to.

What are the plans for the future?

Well, my plan is to make the application the go-to tool when in need of fast and accurate information.
    I was thinking into splitting it into few key parts:
    1. First - Day Players
    2. Beginner Players
    3. Advanced Players
    4. Veteran Players
    5. Tools
    6. Other useful apps and websites

Also, translating the game to every possible language, I'll especially need your help for this..

Why do I need you?

If you've read everything I've wrote above, then you know I want this to done professionaly and without taking any shortcuts, and if I want it to be done in less than 50 years, I'll need your help.
    In every single thing you help me with I'll make sure to give you clearly visible credits, and if you're having similar projects or need help from my side, please just shoot me a pm, and I'll do my best to help you!

What can I do to help?

For beginning, It would be nice if you could provide me some feedback, give me your opinions, maybe you have some awesome ideas that I've overlooked?
    Also spread the word, download the app, give a 5-star review, g+ it, etc..
    Let the people know about it.
    After you give me your opinions, in a 2 to 3 days I'll be updating this post with a plan how everything will go and will start working on it as much as I possibly can.
    Also, you if there's something you can help with, please do tell me, I'll be sending away pm's for sure!

Where's that alpha version?!

Here it is, you're just one click away!

Keep in mind that I did it in 3 hours, including time I've spent on writing on this, it will get a lot nicer very soon!

And to conclude it for now, thank you and please tell me what you think and how you like the idea, thanks!
    Last edited by Athalansy; June 8th, 2015 at 02:20 AM.

​I'll be glad to help you out bud!
    Are there any other means on contacting you out?
    Last edited by Quicky; May 24th, 2015 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quicky View Post
    ​I'll be glad to help you out bud!
    Are there any other means on contacting you out?
    Thank you!
    You can contact me on skype, my username is athal4nsy, I'm gonna go to sleep now as I've been awake for 40 hours straight, but I'll shoot you a message tommorow and we can start working on it!

Unfortunately, app got removed by Google because the icon was to similar to the Clash Of Clans one, I had to reupload the update as a new app.
    Also, I've put new temporary icon which looks kinda weird, but will change it in the near future!

Thanks for all the support you've and you're still providing me!

Great idea .. Well done

of course I had a little giggle ... Veteran players ... Then tools ... I guess we all have to put up with tools in any game.

Remember to Pillage before you Burn

Quote Originally Posted by Mi1Amber View Post
    Great idea .. Well done

of course I had a little giggle ... Veteran players ... Then tools ... I guess we all have to put up with tools in any game.

Thanks for the feedback!
    Yeah, I had no idea what to put there, "Expert players" maybe?
    Also, for the tools, I was thinking about adding timers with notifications and stuff like that..
    Edit: Not c.h.e.a.t.s or something like that in any way..
    Last edited by Athalansy; May 31st, 2015 at 04:19 AM.

Version 0.6.5 is out!
    I'm practically done with Beginners and New players part, only dictionary is left!

Also, I'm taking notes of the authors of the guides and will put them into credits in the upcoming version.

That seems like a really good idea. If you have Kik mine is AnusDestroyed and you can always PM me on here. I'm a long time oldie of the game so hopefully I'll be able to give some useful feedback

Top 50 USA & Top 300 Global
    Nova eSports // Orange Juice Gaming // GankStars
    https://twitter.com/SyztumCR

Quote Originally Posted by GameloverHD View Post
    That seems like a really good idea. If you have Kik mine is AnusDestroyed and you can always PM me on here. I'm a long time oldie of the game so hopefully I'll be able to give some useful feedback
    Don't have Kik but will send you pm here very soon!

I'm currently having some issues with Google rejecting my updates because of "copyright infrigment", but the only thing I'm using in the app are screenshots from guides here and assets from FanKit, and they are really slow to communicate with so the project is kinda on hold atm, will keep you updated on how everything works out! :/
    Last edited by Athalansy; June 3rd, 2015 at 10:07 PM.

Finally managed to get the update out, 3 new guides, new icon and changed the name a bit!

GameloverHD, sent you a pm!