Thread: Waiting 30 mins after a task is taken?

Waiting 30 mins after a task is taken?

Hi All,

Derby taskboard works similar as truck board order. Well almost, with truck once an order has been delivered a new one shows up immediately while in derby task board it doesn't. There we have to wait 30 minutes for a new task once a task is taken. So there is no different between a taken task and a trashed task. The "reward" of having a task taken is "the 30 minutes penalty" ? Sounds abit unfair right? What are you guys thoughts?

PS: 29 minutes to go for a new task will showing up
    Level 136 / Town 39
    A best friend is like a four leave clover: Lucky to have, Hard to find, but on Hayday they are everywhere!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthFather View Post
    Hi All,

Derby taskboard works similar as truck board order. Well almost, with truck once an order has been delivered a new one shows up immediately while in derby task board it doesn't. There we have to wait 30 minutes for a new task once a task is taken. So there is no different between a taken task and a trashed task. The "reward" of having a task taken is "the 30 minutes penalty" ? Sounds abit unfair right? What are you guys thoughts?

PS: 29 minutes to go for a new task will showing up
    I do not think justice or equality really plays into this. Simply rules of the game.

Good point, may be it is how it is or may be it is one of the underdeveloped aspects of the derby. But for now, we can:

http://m.roflcat.com/deal-with-it
    GC: Madeleine Akaino KIK: madeleineakaino
    Farm Level 107 & Town Level 34, NH: Its Jennys Hood

While also would love it if the derby board acted like the truck board. But I really like consistency. But there is something very different between the two boards. With the truck board, each order is reward in and of itself. There is no time limit on doing orders (except of course the turbo trucker achievements that's a one time thing and not really a part of the equation). But with the Derby, there is a. Time limit and there is also a reward at the end. It all goes into the strategy in the whole derby picture. The truck board is just a one order thing. That's why they are different.

GC: Tiggerr Two #2RQR90QG | Lvl: 131​ | NH:dis FUNtional
    Turbo Trucker Help and Guide | HD Guide Book- | New People Tips
    Main Topic guide

Thanks to Red (again) for the picture !!

Centennial Club ErwinAlexanderSteven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerr129 View Post
    While also would love it if the derby board acted like the truck board. But I really like consistency. But there is something very different between the two boards. With the truck board, each order is reward in and of itself. There is no time limit on doing orders (except of course the turbo trucker achievements that's a one time thing and not really a part of the equation). But with the Derby, there is a. Time limit and there is also a reward at the end. It all goes into the strategy in the whole derby picture. The truck board is just a one order thing. That's why they are different.
    very good explanation
    GC & Farm Name: Ask Me
    Ipad Air 2
    GMT +7

I would support doing away with the waiting time on a derby task that's been chosen.

The way I see it is on the truck board if I pick one, I get a new one immediately. It's an incentive to do another. When trashing one, I must wait, a mild penalty, however the only person affected is me. No one else must wait for it to repopulate, whereas with the derby board, whether a task is chosen or trashed, the wait is still 30 minutes.

In this case, I think it's not in the best interests (I hesitate to use the word unfair as it really is a matter of perspective) of the rest of NH members who must be penalized because a neighbor chose to do a task. A new task ought be available immediately so that they may have a choice as well, especially considering some tasks do have a time limit, & for some, every moment counts. Keeping the 30 minute toss time intact is OK as it offsets cherry picking to a small degree.

GC ID - LadyJEM5 / LvL - 80 & Farming Daily / RSS Name - Hedge Row Hills- Achievements - 111/126 - Barn/Silo - 2850/3450. Capt. III/Co-Op III/TT III - NH - Down On The Farm

Happy to be a good neighbor & help whenever, but dairy/sugar/seafood cargoes are no goes. No challenges please. Communication is the key to contented players, SC!

Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts!

Tigg, love your explanations about the differences between the 2 boards. Clear as always!

LadyJEM5, You actually pin point my "unhappiness"

Thanks again All!
    Last edited by DarthFather; May 20th, 2015 at 09:18 PM.
    Level 136 / Town 39
    A best friend is like a four leave clover: Lucky to have, Hard to find, but on Hayday they are everywhere!

The reward

My thoughts

The "reward" is the points that you get from completing the task. you can trash tasks all day every day for 6 days if that is how you wish to play...but if you want the reward you have to accept the task and complete it. I think the derby is running just fine as it is and there is no more need to adjust any portion of it.

Please SC we are at a happy place let us stay there.

Also with the truck board there is incentive to do everything as fast as possible IE the reward of doing 30 trucks in 30 mins. the derby is more of a marathon. it's not the first to do the tasks it's the points at the end.
    Last edited by Tiaxotrax; May 20th, 2015 at 09:41 PM.
    my kik ID is tiaxotrax For a list of what features were added to which updates. check this link.
    http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...39#post5782239

I would love to see the task board behave like the truck board...if you trash a task, you have 30 minutes until a new task appears, but if you choose a task, a new task appears immediately for others to consider (or to see if that one needs trashing...LOL!). This would also make it easier for larger NHs. If all the tasks were chosen, then those who had not yet chosen a task wouldn't have to wait for new tasks to arrive.

GC/KIK: knitgal2/knitgal - Level 112 - Town Level 28
    Completed TTII and TTIII back to back...at Level 60! It CAN be done at higher levels!

Quote Originally Posted by knitgal2 View Post
    I would love to see the task board behave like the truck board...if you trash a task, you have 30 minutes until a new task appears, but if you choose a task, a new task appears immediately for others to consider (or to see if that one needs trashing...LOL!). This would also make it easier for larger NHs. If all the tasks were chosen, then those who had not yet chosen a task wouldn't have to wait for new tasks to arrive.
    The larger neighborhoods are a good reason for changing the board to be more like the truck tasks, I agree. But as long as the derby stays at six days,it is probably doable the way it is. However if they ever shorten it, then I definitely think they should rethink it. Besides, the way it is now,at least in a Mid size neighborhood, there is less of a chance someone will complain that they finished everything in two days and are now bored. But hey I am easy. Either way is fine with me.

GC: Tiggerr Two #2RQR90QG | Lvl: 131​ | NH:dis FUNtional
    Turbo Trucker Help and Guide | HD Guide Book- | New People Tips
    Main Topic guide

Thanks to Red (again) for the picture !!