Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Derby Comment

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dgjohnson View Post
    Fishing tasks are another matter. It is not difficult to stockpile lures and do the high point fishing tasks in a derby multiple times.

Perhaps it is a case of the rolling drop rates, but I would never be able to do a high point mining task with just drops. I spent a full week cropping and would not have had enough.
    The trick is the DD, my friend. Explosives aren't as rare as one might think. I see them frequently in the paper and stockpile at least 200 of them at all times. Then again, I shop in the DD...A LOT

Quote Originally Posted by KawaM View Post
    Hey, don't say something of dummy.

Normal players, without tons of ♥♥♥♥ed diamond, can't do what u're saying.

4x390 boat tasks???? WFT!

390 Boat Task is a task with 12 boats.
    Every boat arrive in 4h.
    4 tasks x 12 boats x 4 hours il like 192 hours of only waiting boats, like 8 days, day & night.
    I remember you that the Derby is current 6 days.

SO.... it's very easy to win Derby with diamonds.

It's the reason that make stupid a good game.

Let's have a correct play, dude.
    Well I am a normal player with tons of diamonds so I am going to assume those hearts in your post stand for earned or purchased and nothing so nefarious as the tone of your post would indicate.

Now while I don't use diamonds routinely to speed things up,I don't understand the vitriol aimed at folks who do. Why is it ok to use those diamonds to expand the production slots but somehow not ok to call the boat in earlier. Why do folks brag about waking up every two hours during the night to use Tom (which by the way requires diamonds) but look down their noses at someone who will call in a boat early so they can sleep through the night. Sounds like sour grapes to me.

We came in third for the first time this derby and none of us are crying foul. We watched carefully as we pulled ahead and then back and then ahead and then back till in the last 34 SECONDS the second place team pulled ahead by just a few points. It was fun! If that team was a bot, they would have come out way ahead within seconds of the start. There is no profit in being first. The few expansion materials received after six days just isn't going to earn much on the black market. A few hours wheating can get you more.

At the risk of getting yelled at, if the game is making anyone so irritated that they see bots at every corner AND it bothers them so much, maybe it's time to move away from the device and read a book, take a walk, watch a movie, play checkers with a friend etc.

I'm going to go plant some tomatoes now. I have to stock the shelves.

Tigg

GC: Tiggerr Two #2RQR90QG | Lvl: 131​ | NH:dis FUNtional
    Turbo Trucker Help and Guide | HD Guide Book- | New People Tips
    Main Topic guide

Thanks to Red (again) for the picture !!

Quote Originally Posted by Haystacker View Post
    2 player team here.

Not exactly the 3600 pts the OP mentioned but close enough. We didn't use our 6th task but had we picked 2 mining tasks for it, we could've even reached that mythical 5th checkpoint too! Hallelujah!

3480 + 314 (mining) + 314 (mining) = 4108

Thanks haystacker. I hate it when some one post wonder comes around claiming something is impossible or somehow unethical or illegal just because they can't do it. You've shone it is possible.

GC: Tiggerr Two #2RQR90QG | Lvl: 131​ | NH:dis FUNtional
    Turbo Trucker Help and Guide | HD Guide Book- | New People Tips
    Main Topic guide

Thanks to Red (again) for the picture !!

Millennial Club
    The trick is actually all of the above.

• While doing your 12-boat task you can be making lures and shopping for mining tools.
    • While digging for 95-ore, make lures and restock for boats.
    • While fishing, you can restock for boats and shop for mining tools.
    • Rinse and repeat.

The game is about time and resource management. If you're not able to to get that many points then stop and re-think your approach to the puzzle, because you can get that many points.
    GC: Snoopy Lane
    Level: 159; Town: 60; Barn: 5900; Silo: 6250
    Still to go: 5 achievements, 10 permits, 65 puzzle pieces, 37 fish, 1 machine mastery

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerr129 View Post
    At the risk of getting yelled at, if the game is making anyone so irritated that they see bots at every corner AND it bothers them so much, maybe it's time to move away from the device and read a book, take a walk, watch a movie, play checkers with a friend etc.
    Tigg
    Well said Tiggerr! After all, this is just a game. The moment it starts getting me stressed or frustrated is the same moment that I realize I need to unplug for a while. There is enough in real life to stress over...a virtual derby is not of them.
    "Lil' Patch"💖 Level 100✨124/126 Achievements✨
    KIK: ffwife97 💕 GC: ktmac4398
    Sorry, No Facebook

Forum Veteran
    im all for the one day break in between. having done 3 fishing tasks, its absolutely necessary to use that one day to make lures, feathers and lobsters. but i would still prefer the derby to be 7 days instead of 6. meaning if its starting on a sun, it will end on next sun, followed by the day break, then the following derby on a mon etc.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Haystacker View Post
    The trick is the DD, my friend. Explosives aren't as rare as one might think. I see them frequently in the paper and stockpile at least 200 of them at all times. Then again, I shop in the DD...A LOT
    Holy guacamole! 200?! My barn is only 825. No way could I keep 200 of anything. I also rarely see them in the DD. 90% wheat. Even when I click them anyway, still wheat.
    GC: StarSon83 || kik: StarSon83

Yes, a large barn helps a lot for almost everything. My stash pales in comparison to Haystacker's but I've got 95 mining tools ready for tomorrow's derby. Picked up 2 more from harvesting just since my post earlier. Some of it does have to do with luck of the drop, my common thing is mining tools.

_________
    Donna / Level 125

Quote Originally Posted by d2l5p2 View Post
    I don't buy mining tools, I get them in droves from drops on crop harvests and animal collections. And, maybe I'm just lucky, but I find those in the DD as well (usually behind the wheat ads that everyone seems to dislike).
    Same here.

On another note, if you do have a good stock of mining tools, the mining tasks are wonderful. It's about a minute of work. I love those mining tasks!
    Level 100! 6/28/16 won the pearl 12/31/14 won the windmill 2/3/15
    Thank you to TerMinus Prime for my cool banner

Millennial Club
    IF, derby board was nice enough to me, I can easily do 2 x 12 boat tasks + 3 x 130 lbs fishing tasks.
    2 x 48 hours for boats and 18 hours for the fishing, without using any diamonds or whatsoever impossible resources..
    That makes 1860 points!
    I only do mining tasks if I can't find any good ones, I probably have about 600 ore worth of explosives in y barn, and I go practically go over 300 ores each week, not to mention that I have to dump so many iron, coal and gold ore to keep up with the demand on silver...

What I chose as tasks for the last week's derby were, 1 x 130 lbs fishing, 1 x 12 boats, 2 x 95 ore mining (No good tasks to be found!) and 1 x 20 Town visitor orders (again I'd never chose that one if I had a good choice)
    Total of 1664 points, so the task board was a complete disappointment this week, it only gave 1x110 lbs fishing task for 3 days of trashing, while I had 3 tasks available.. I could have easily made 1830 points!!
    Last edited by myso; May 18th, 2015 at 06:37 PM.