Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Derby tasks - UNFAIR

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerr129 View Post
    Can I have strawberries in mine?
    Think im out of strawberrys due to the recent dry spell in DD but i reckon i can trade some LEMs out specially for your strawberrys tiggerr

Im going to need an old bit of derby task paper to write all these requests on ooooh look *holds up piece of paper with 12 boat 390 point task on*

Thats where that went *faceplams self*
    Last edited by carinamw87; May 12th, 2015 at 08:41 PM.

No you said it was unfair. A level playing field is fair.

You are playing against groups with the same number of people as you are period. You are also assuming that the board size is what makes the playing experience. It doesn't.

And yes smaller NH require less points TOTAL to reach a checkpoint but more points per person to the point that the smallest neighborhoods can't make it. If you want things to be proportionally equal per the number of people in each neighborhood then you will be back shortly complaining that the 30 people neighborhoods can't reach that final goal post.

Also if you don't think that people with less than 30 can or should respond because they have no idea what it is like to be in a 30 person neighborhood, then by your own rule you can't possible understand what it is like in a very small neighborhood, so you can't say that they have an advantage or a better playing experience.
    Ahhh -- the crystalline logic of our Tiggerr!!

Yes, EXACTLY.

Lev 133/Rep Lev 34 US Central Time Zone (GMT-6) FIELD ARTIST, STORYTELLER, and FROG WRANGLER 132/137 AchievementsProud Graduate of the University of Texas -- HOOK 'EM HORNS!! Thx PEACHIE for AWESOME sig pic! DONE with permits May 2019 - Opting out of this BORING grind for bad decos. Sanctuary: Adults complete 25 Dec 2017. Babies complete: 06 Jun 2019

if you don't think that people with less than 30 can or should respond because they have no idea what it is like to be in a 30 person neighborhood, then by your own rule you can't possible understand what it is like in a very small neighborhood, so you can't say that they have an advantage or a better playing experience.
    I have experienced both a small and large hood during the derby.... duh!

Quote Originally Posted by MRSGIRL View Post
    Now if you are NOT a member of a large hood - then kindly refrain from contradicting comments to my request since you would be making comments about something you have no experience with.
    Also if you don't think that people with less than 30 can or should respond because they have no idea what it is like to be in a 30 person neighborhood, then by your own rule you can't possible understand what it is like in a very small neighborhood, so you can't say that they have an advantage or a better playing experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSGIRL View Post
    I have experienced both a small and large hood during the derby.... duh!
    This forum is a place where we engage in the free exchange of ideas and views. You post your idea, I post my reaction you your idea, and others post their views and opinions on our posts. The discussion ebbs and flows and goes in multiple directions over the life of the thread.

From what I have seen, most forum members are OPEN to the views of others, but that does not mean that we cannot point out logical fallacies or disagree with posters. The key is to be polite and respectful - discuss, not name-call and dismiss.

It is clear when polite and respectful discourse descends into rude dismissiveness and disrespect -- one's words in print have a way of sticking, despite what we may later claim we wrote.

I have posted opinions and views that have drawn opposition from others. I have not taken those opposing views personally -- rather, I have REEXAMINED my view, to try and see another point of view. That is the value of these kinds of discussions. No one person ever has ALL the answers, and if your objective is to discuss with and learn from others, then you're in the right place.

If the point is to state ones opinion as fact and then dismiss or deride all other views, then perhaps one's own private website (which could be an echo chamber) would be a better venue? If a person is not very tech-y, a line up of various bobbleheads can perform the same function . . .
    Last edited by PerkyCox; May 12th, 2015 at 09:29 PM.

Lev 133/Rep Lev 34 US Central Time Zone (GMT-6) FIELD ARTIST, STORYTELLER, and FROG WRANGLER 132/137 AchievementsProud Graduate of the University of Texas -- HOOK 'EM HORNS!! Thx PEACHIE for AWESOME sig pic! DONE with permits May 2019 - Opting out of this BORING grind for bad decos. Sanctuary: Adults complete 25 Dec 2017. Babies complete: 06 Jun 2019

Quote Originally Posted by PerkyCox View Post
    Yeah, duh Tigger. How dare you make comments about anything, since you have never been a NH of 1, and then of 2, of 3, and of 4 . . . up to a NH of 30.

Come back when you have had EXPERIENCE, and maybe your inputs will get some respect.

It does get respect from others. As far as if I have respect from you and your buddies - I COULDN'T CARE LESS!

If there was a mod available right now, I wonder if this thread would have already been closed or if it would be merely on a watch list. Maybe we can all self-moderate and not post anything to this thread for 24 hours. Sleep on it?
    VOTE HERE for a Derby Gift Catalogue.

Enable diamond confirmation --- but beware: it only works in some places! ❇click for info❇
    Of Chill Reputations ~ join a cool neighbourhood

What a shame this thread had to be closed due to the inability of some to respect others opinions.