Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Hay Day - Travel Diary Helsinki, Finland

Photos. Day Three Dinner

These are a selection of the meals eaten at my table. I had three of them.

The burgers are horse meat which I've had many times in Japan. For me being British I went for the fish and chips with mushy peas.

I had high hopes as love mushy peas. Noooooo the peas were boiled and just cut into pieces. Not the same.

Still the rest of the food was of a high standard so I was very satisfied. I washed the food down with two beers.

The restaurant was really good but a little too dark. It was hard to see exactly what I was eating which was a shame as it looked fantastic and also tasted great.

Day Three Photos - Boom Beach

I've never played Boom Beach but the other Youtubers have. We were given the opportunity to help ourselves so I also partook of the choices.

Now there are two kinds of t-shirts. One has the main character the rifle man and the one I'm wearing is the cartoon.

The number is limited to 500 of each size for men and women.

Each t-shirt is numbered and matches the box number. They use 100% recycled materials and are really comfortable.

I'm wearing one of them today for when we go to the race track. And have already had people say wow boom beach. Nice.

Day Three - At the Office.

The YouTubers get to meet the boss.

The YouTubers squaring off for the fight of the century. My team is gonna plant them 6ft under

In case you are caught short just use Gregs office to spend a penny or two.

Two of the most important men in the gaming industry having a bro moment. I so loved that you could shake hands, chat, pose for photos with one of the founders of Supercell.

We all took advantage of this opportunity to bond. He made us feel part of the Supercell family. Which gives you a warm buzz inside.

This kind of attitude is common in all aspects of the company. Family, people, the best. And now I'm part of this. Sweet.

Happy Birthday Supercell. And what a great way to do it than with a cool cake and pizza. Oh my god I've never seen so many choices of pizza in my life.

The teams at Supercell really enjoy gaming. Just check out some of the titles on these. What a great way to refresh your mind and interact with friends at work than over a board game.

Day Three. The video

Day three got off to a late start for some but as usual id gone for a walk out and around the city. Helsinki is very refreshing in the morning.

The air is clear, no smells of pollution. As usual few people were about but those that were looked like they too were having fun in the cool morning air. LOL

Today's activities were to be at the Supercell office. We are going to hold a live clash of clans battle on Saturday and as the only Hay Day YouTuber I needed to teach these guys how to plant crops and manage pigs.

Just joking. I feel so lost with the game as it's so alien to me. No bee hives, no visitors unless they are raiding you town to steal your gold.

I'm going to be on a Purple Cobras and we are going to bury Total Damage.

Yesterday's session was making the teaser video for the event so keep your eyes out for it. It's gonna be awesome.

I had the opportunity during down time to go to the Hay Day teams working area and chatted with two more of the team.

I saw some stuff that's so cool but I'm afraid I can't tell you just yet but watch my videos in the future.

One thing I did notice was how much they actually do listen to all players of the game. All your posts, comments, problems, gets filtered down and are worked on or looked at.

Your requests do influence thd game but at the end the game is a farming game so some requests will be rejected, some will be added to the possible list and others to the hey that's a good idea.

I think a Town character that looks like me will be the best change ever. LOL

I'm afraid my time was short but in that time I was left with a good impression of the support they offer us.

Videoing resumed and by the end of it my hands were killing me. Again and again until it was perfect. I so cznt edit to see the final cut.

The evening was to be relaxed as well. Just dinner and gazing over the city and checking out the landmarks.

The building we went to had the best viewing platform but getting to it was a challenge. A spiral staircase takes you up to the bar area but should someone come down as you climb up passing can be a challenge.

I had to hug the centre as the waitress came down with our champagne.

The view from the top was fantastic but due to the rain it was not as good as it could have been.

Dinner was in the same building so after we took team photos we went down for dinner.

The restaurant was nice. Little too dark for me but comfortable. My table included some of the Hay Day team so could enjoy the conversation a lot more.

The food was wonderful and as usual I ate lots.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post

One thing I did notice was how much they actually do listen to all players of the game. All your posts, comments, problems, gets filtered down and are worked on or looked at.

Thank you, Ranger, for this post and the awesome pictures. I'm glad to hear that SC do listen to our concerns. Since you're there, maybe you could ask them to crank up the communication a little bit, especially around update times? For example, I would love to see something more than just "we are making some tweaks and balance". Some explanations on why certain changes were made, or how certain features work, would do wonders to make players happy! Please be our ambassador and our voice at SC HQ.
    Last edited by Spearhead; May 14th, 2015 at 12:20 PM.

I love the game collection! I think a lot can be learned from the interaction among players around a board game. The fact that Supercell has so many of them (undoubtedly well loved ) goes some way to explaining the effort they put into social interaction within their games even though the game table spans the globe.

...and now that we've seen the Boom Beach teeshirts (numbered editions, no less!) we are more than ready for the Hay Day ones to come out!!!!
    Last edited by MiniGardener; May 14th, 2015 at 05:44 PM.

Farm Level 136 | Town 44 | Achievements 147/150

More great info, Ranger...thank you so much! Unfortunately, about Ĺ the pics were missing for me.

It's really good to know that SC really does listen to what we are saying.

I think all the photos are there (for me, they are anyway) but just takes some time loading as there are a lot in one post -- so click "refresh" or just leave them loading and make a cuppa!

Ranger, great reportage! Thank you.

Do you have any more photos of the lovely architecture and street life?
    Last edited by pitchfork; May 14th, 2015 at 07:30 PM.

Enable diamond confirmation in settings --- but beware: it only works in some places!

​Hay Day is Zen

I've really enjoyed reading your travel diary Rangers, and I didn't realise before that you were British - that explains your love of beer and fish and chips of course!

Loved the peeks behind the scenes at Supercell HQ, I'm now curious to know what the ladies loo is called seeing as the men's is 'Greg's'

And good to know that supercell are listening to us

My goodness, Ranger, your pictures and reports are so excellent I feel I'm right there with you! Thank you for sharing your adventure.

Farm Level 78 - Town Level 18
    Daily Player
    200+ Golden Voucher Club
    GC: Cindi-5