Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Throne of God: An Anti-3 Star War Base

Throne of God: TH8 War Base

"From the throne came flashes of lightning, and rumblings and peals of thunder, and before the throne were burning seven torches of fire, which are the seven spirits of God."

Revelations 4:5

Contents:
    -Intro
    -Base Pictures
    -Mechanics and features
    -Logs
    -Final Statements and Credits

Welcome to my second TH8 war base! This base fits into the current anti-3 star meta of war bases currently very popular within the base design community. For those who do not know what this is or are just getting back into the game, what this means is that the town hall is relatively exposed. Although this does make a 1 or 2 star much easier, it allows for better defensive positioning in order to prevent the 3 star (from th8 attackers mind you). Enough explaining, let's see the base!

Base: Improved DGB and fixed compartment.

Walls and Traps:

Walls Only:

CC Radius:

Mechanics:

Pros:
    -Difficult CC Lure
    -Working DGB! (1 small sample)
    -Loon/Hog Pathing
    -Great Against Drags
    -Asymmetrical!!!
    Cons:
    -Vulnerable to LaLoon
    -Exposed TH
    -TH9 Gowipe

This base is nothing really special or different than any other th8 war base out there. It follows all of the fundamental rules of war base designing. The northernmost and easternmost AD's are located so that CC loons will path away from the AD and into the wiz towers. A problem with my last base (November) was poor DGB positioning. This base fixes that problem with a much more exaggerated path for the hogs to cross through that specific area. As for the air sweeper, I'm still undecided on how to utilize it to its fullest potential for this base. Any suggestions you may have are welcome especially for this area. I decided to use the 1/3 defend with 2/3 deter setup explained by Akiyume in his air sweeper thread, on the northern AD. Now I will explain the uses of all the traps.

Giant bombs- No surprise here, I have my GB set up for hogs which is I think the best use of this trap.

Little Bombs- I group 4 up for a pseudo GB and the other two can be placed where you please. They don't do much unless grouped up IMO.

Spring traps- I placed these in between defenses to fling hogs.

Red air bombs- I placed these in groups of 2 near the two more exposed AD so damage CC loons sent to destroy the AD.

SAM- The SAM's have been placed to protect the air sweeper and one on an AD.

Skeleton traps- I have them set to air mostly as a distract dragons since they won't have the opportunity to damage the drags very much since the drags will aggro on them fairly quickly.

Logs:

I know there's been a lot of debate lately as to whether or not they really prove anything at all. My personal opinion is that logs only really show the army used and the result but that's about it. Deployment and overall skill of the attacked can not be seen from logs. With that said, I decided to include them so that you could see the armies I was attacked by thus far.

Final Statements:

Hope you guys enjoyed this base! If you do choose to try it, please provide me with feedback. Heck! If you think it's the worst base ever made let me know why. I'm always looking for ways to improve in base designing. I want to credit Akiyume from where I have gained a much better knowledge of war bases from his detailed guides as well as my new friend Eric87 who I have been messaging back and forth helping me with the new air sweeper.

Aki's website:
    http://akiyume.weebly.com

NOTE: Aki's articles are directed towards the th9 community but that isn't to say it doesn't apply to th8 as well.
    Last edited by GarlicAK; May 11th, 2015 at 06:49 PM.

Reserved for later

You may post now
    Last edited by GarlicAK; May 10th, 2015 at 02:36 AM.

First! Awesome base there. I would foresee alot of th8s using it huehuehue wurf!

Quote Originally Posted by Avernicus View Post
    First! Awesome base there. I would foresee alot of th8s using it huehuehue wurf!
    Thanks avern. I think I've found my passion in war bases... Farming bases by so much.....

Fixed the picture for walls only and forgot to add the CC radius.

@UDM. Thanks a ton!

I was going to be first butttt I had to finish the episode of arrow

Amazing base as always! I was wondering how it would turn out when you posted that teaser in bdj

Maybe I'll encounter it in a war and know all of it's traps Now that'll be funny
    My TH9 DE Protection Base (Crows) : https://goo.gl/tMhFnK

Max TH11 : Co Leader - War Snipers 2.4

Nice man! Good th 8 war base, glad to see u cranking out solid th8 bases!
    NEW THREAD! Clan 40sand9s check us out below!!
    http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...21-War-Farming

Hi there garlic! Really good war base, love the sections and stuff, and thanks for the dedication ^^. I would do a small section on my website for TH8s, and it wouldn't take too long to make a micro section for them on my website, but I rather not tap into that territory xD.

Everything in your base looks really good EXCEPT the double giant bomb placement. The Pathing for it is correct though, but the placement of it isn't. I'll probably make another guide, "Base Design Territory" or something like that later on, but I'll just show you what I mean.

Basically what "Territory" means is basically 'groups of defenses' in within a given section/clump. These groups are proportion to how much a 'spell' can cover and usually that's about maximum 5-7 defenses within a group.

If you look at the white "groups/territories" which your base has, you can see that the right side has a BIG group containing 5 Defenses, and it's partnered with the second biggest group. These two groups represent almost 40% of your defense and your base while the other smaller groups in the left side form their own scattered groups.

Now if you look at this image:

You can see that your double giant bomb is only 'influencing' and 'separating' the south micro group at best from the AD/WizT micro group. Everything within the "red zone" is a compiled 'territory' now if you see the image through this red area, you can see that the "biggest group" and the "second biggest group" you have in your base literally has no traps (i'll get to it), or double giant bomb pathing risk. Other than the marked blue traps for cannon and that mortar (which I never really recommend having a trap relying on a single defense for a triple team. A double team would be better), everything within these two sections are at risk getting hogged and not losing anything.

The Purple location is the best place to put double giant bombs since it's in-between the "Three Big Territory" and the left side "4 Micro Islands" of your base. Also would recommend putting springs always in-between any groups with 3-4 or more buildings.

Also corner builders hut IMO is needed at TH8 against dragons. If they break one dragon in order to kill the corner builders hut, that exchange would be worth it.

Other than that, it's a good war base
    Last edited by akiyume; May 10th, 2015 at 05:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodi View Post
    I was going to be first butttt I had to finish the episode of arrow

Amazing base as always! I was wondering how it would turn out when you posted that teaser in bdj

Maybe I'll encounter it in a war and know all of it's traps Now that'll be funny
    Quote Originally Posted by UcsfTeeth View Post
    Nice man! Good th 8 war base, glad to see u cranking out solid th8 bases!
    Thanks guys. Nice to see support from the community.

Quote Originally Posted by akiyume View Post
    Hi there garlic! Really good war base, love the sections and stuff, and thanks for the dedication ^^. I would do a small section on my website for TH8s, and it wouldn't take too long to make a micro section for them on my website, but I rather not tap into that territory xD.

Everything in your base looks really good EXCEPT the double giant bomb placement. The Pathing for it is correct though, but the placement of it isn't. I'll probably make another guide, "Base Design Territory" or something like that later on, but I'll just show you what I mean.

Basically what "Territory" means is basically 'groups of defenses' in within a given section/clump. These groups are proportion to how much a 'spell' can cover and usually that's about maximum 5-7 defenses within a group.

If you look at the white "groups/territories" which your base has, you can see that the right side has a BIG group containing 5 Defenses, and it's partnered with the second biggest group. These two groups represent almost 40% of your defense and your base while the other smaller groups in the left side form their own scattered groups.

Now if you look at this image:

You can see that your double giant bomb is only 'influencing' and 'separating' the south micro group at best from the AD/WizT micro group. Everything within the "red zone" is a compiled 'territory' now if you see the image through this red area, you can see that the "biggest group" and the "second biggest group" you have in your base literally has no traps (i'll get to it), or double giant bomb pathing risk. Other than the marked blue traps for cannon and that mortar (which I never really recommend having a trap relying on a single defense for a triple team. A double team would be better), everything within these two sections are at risk getting hogged and not losing anything.

The Purple location is the best place to put double giant bombs since it's in-between the "Three Big Territory" and the left side "4 Micro Islands" of your base. Also would recommend putting springs always in-between any groups with 3-4 or more buildings.

Also corner builders hut IMO is needed at TH8 against dragons. If they break one dragon in order to kill the corner builders hut, that exchange would be worth it.

Other than that, it's a good war base
    Thanks for your feedback aki. Really appreciate it. I came up with a rough quick fix for the issues you adressed. Will this work? I moved the GB to the location you pointed out and concentrated more spring traps to the top territory with more defenses. Also, how is my AS positioning? I am still unsure of th most efficient way to use it.