Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Arkaine's Valor - TH8 Warbase | Anti 3* Design for Mid-late TH8s

Quote Originally Posted by BDSweed View Post
    I'm trying it out with a super fresh th8 that was max th7. I will help with logs.
    Thanks bud!

I updated 1st and 2nd post from my war that ended last night. Only attacked once, dragloon, held to 2*s. The attacking clan only used 13/20 attacks, and we massacred them. Maybe they gave up.

thanks for sharing
    Clash of Clans: Pop Your Top|TH8| ARC ANGELS(4) 19k Trophies

So far I've been hit twice once by giants. zero stars lol.
    The other by a level 2 hog raid. They got 56%. The pathing to the far right tesla over the double bombs triggered only one at a time. I will tweak on it and report back but the spacing for hogs is all wrong and they don't trigger either one correctly. The attack started with all hogs on the right archer tower by the town hall.
    Leader of Bullitt. Named after the greatest car movie of all time.
    #90QRL80Y
    Always recruiting active non-rushed players.

The more people we have working on the base the faster it will get better. The bones are good. I'll adjust it and try again. its a game of give and take. Gotta keep it strong against all th8 attacks.
    #90QRL80Y

Quote Originally Posted by BDSweed View Post
    The more people we have working on the base the faster it will get better. The bones are good. I'll adjust it and try again. its a game of give and take. Gotta keep it strong against all th8 attacks.
    Completely agreed. The one hog attack i've had did trigger them correctly. But he came in from the NW Archer tower.

Which GB triggered? They need to be shifted a bit to either side to ensure both get it but i dont know which way to adjust them.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHavoc View Post
    Completely agreed. The one hog attack i've had did trigger them correctly. But he came in from the NW Archer tower.

Which GB triggered? They need to be shifted a bit to either side to ensure both get it but i dont know which way to adjust them.
    tesla is too close to the mortar.

#90QRL80Y

Thanks dude, i have an idea of the changes that need to be made, just going to take some time to get it worked in without compromising the other design aspects of the centralized CC and the current AD protection against air attacks.

I'm thinking the middle tesla comes out to become a DGB spot. Will post an update once I'm happy with a design.

Banned
    BDS is correct that the DGB will pop one at a time, but I don't believe it's because the tesla is too close to the mortar.

The DGB needs to be parallel to entry/2:00 in order to pop correctly. While it looks extremely easy to move the tesla back one space to fix, I bet, however, the DGBs will still pop one at a time, as the hogs will simply stop at the AD.

This looks like an easy fix though. Move the AD more towards 3:00 and make the DGB parallel. Also, move a wiz tower in front of the DGB spot. You want this for multiple reasons in my mind, but against hogs, the DGB will be harder to pop.

Same thing where you have a GB and 4 small bombs. Open that up and spread them parallel to ~7:00 for proper popping.

I'm tempted to give this base a shot with my 2nd account, but I'm skeptical until the DGB placement is resolved. You get that fixed, this base has a shot at being very solid across drags and hogs. GoWiPe just needs a lot of compartments.

Teslas in compartments really gives GoWiPe fits too.
    Last edited by Lunaticfringe; May 8th, 2015 at 07:07 PM.

Using my new variant of Arkaine's valor in the second war:

First attack with lvl 3 Dragons from 0:00 to 2:30 with Dragon lvl4 & Loon6 in cc:

The sweeper was busy with dragons targeting the TH instead of the ones coming close to it, causing still a big delay.

Edit: Was 3-starred by a TH9. Attacked from 0:00 and 6:00 with half his dragons. Heroes from the top.

Last edited by tagesthemen; May 10th, 2015 at 03:26 PM.

Hey Guys,

I came up with the following revision which I hope/believe addresses the DGB issue for hogs while retaining the other anti drag and gowipe aspects.

Would appreciate some feedback from the regularly posting and collaborating base designers, Aki, Garlic, and those that have also been using the base!

Let me know what you think, I've also updated the main page to reflect this base layout:
    Last edited by GeneralHavoc; May 12th, 2015 at 05:04 PM.