Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Arkaine's Valor - TH8 Warbase | Anti 3* Design for Mid-late TH8s

Nice design!
    Will be using it in my upcoming 10 vs 10 war and I will post logs afterwards.

I just shifted one of the spring traps at 10:30.

I'm still early TH8 (low ATs, teslas & WTs) but I am optimistic!

Awesome man, looking forward to it. I have another attack from my current war to add from a TH9. Still a 2*, but I am making a minor change to my base from it. It was a DragHo attack, some of his hogs pathed to the Air Sweeper instead of the Tesla for the DGB. Some, not all. So I'm moving the Air Sweeper SW in its compartment one tile up against the walls.

While it seems like a minor change, it will make a big different in hog pathing, with only minor affect to the air defense its providing (it's still in range of the TH and the angle of coverage is not really affected.

Also, one thing to keep in mind, you are still somewhat susceptible to Air attacks from the bottom since your 3rd Gold/Elixir storages are not maxxed. Getting those up will make a big difference in your dragon defenses!
    Last edited by GeneralHavoc; May 5th, 2015 at 03:55 PM.

I was wondering about the hog pathing as well. Changed the position of the AS (above picture).

On another note I was wondering if the hogs might follow the red line - from the central tesla to the second one which might cause one giant bomb to trigger? A fix could be achieved by switching the central tesla, AD in the SE and builder hut. But I'm not sure about this change...

Still 2:30 left till the war starts
    Last edited by tagesthemen; May 5th, 2015 at 04:30 PM.

I understand your point. And tesla hopping like that would set off only 1 GB in the situation you described.

It's a trade off you need to decide on really based on what you think you're more likely to get attacked by, and that can be better analyzed by looking at your 10v war, what position are you, and what are your attackers. If they too are early TH8s, chances are you are most likely to get hit by drags, then hogs, then gowipe. Gowipe is much mroe common to a mature TH8. So, moving that tesla out, I would try to modify that central compartment a bit to try and wall it off in the position you moved it. Otherwise its exposed to golems/pekkas in GoWiPE attacks.

The main reason of the tesla hopping like you pointed out, would mean that hogs already got past the first DGB setup between the first tesla and the wiz tower. I'm relying on that currently to stop this triggering.

Let me know what you decide and based on the logs you post up after your war, see if we can't continue to improve this base design. Either way, appreciate you helping me!

hit by drags, then hogs, then gowipe
    Yes I will try to draw as many attacks on em as possible. As my defensive buildings are quite low I hope the first attacks will be dragons / hogs.

Went for a slight variation to keep both the bomb traps as separate as possible. I know I 'misplaced' one of the elixir storages but I hope it won't have such a big influence. Thanks to the design I can more easily explain how to create good double giant bomb traps to my clanmates .

I really like evolving a very good base idea. Really appreciate the work you put into it. Let's see how it holds up!

updated first and 2nd posts with metrics and the last 2 attacks from yesterdays war.

The base was 3 starred by a TH9 using GoWiPE, I think this may have been able to be stopped if I was a max TH8, but im pretty far from that still, mostly my walls. No changes to the layout will be made.

Overall for it's 2nd war, the base was attacked 5 times. In a 10 man war, as the #9 spot, this more than pulled its weight. They used 25% of their attacks to knock off #9!

Additionally, this base is still meeting my objective of being anti 3* against TH8s!

Was attacked four times. Twice the attackers canceled and didn't place troops.

One real attack with dragons where 2 ADs survived.
    Second real attack was a TH9 GoWiPe - complete overkill.

I will keep the base the way it is and will report back after the next war.

Good deal. The dragon attack looks like a good defense and a solid data point. That is what this base is strongest against.

Weird to have the two wasted attacks, but a win none the less. And that TH9 GoWiWiPE if thats what you want to call it....I don't think any TH8 could survive that. Lv4 golems, max witches, etc. Scary stuff.

Appreciate you running the base, keep the logs and updates coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Uganhero View Post
    i wud use an azshin wall of hog riders and wolk throo yer base nooooob!!!!!
    Thank you for your insightful, well structured, and well written post. It will greatly enhance the dialogue in this thread.

I'm trying it out with a super fresh th8 that was max th7. I will help with logs.
    Leader of Bullitt. Named after the greatest car movie of all time.
    #90QRL80Y
    Always recruiting active non-rushed players.