Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aki's Forum Invitation to CoC Intellectual Discussions

Aki's Forum Invitation to CoC Intellectual Discussions

Hello there forumer and dedicated clashers.

I'm here to invite those that are 'hardcore' thinkers, elites, or any one interested in base building, clan wars in-depth discussions to my website where I just opened a 'Discussion' forum section. I don't think this counts against the forum rules since I'm technically not advertising anything, but hopefully someone can clear me of this :P.

Most of you guys know (hopefully), I write guides such as [Base Break Down TH9 War Base - Creation and Dissection], my [Metaki Series] of TH9 anti-3 star base designs, as well as other things such as my 20 Grid concept, and Characteristics of Base Design.

My Website: http://akiyume.weebly.com/

I have many topics and findings which could be a break throughs when it comes to new things such as how to effectively use Air Sweeper, or Air Sweeper as a mind game tool, or Air Sweeper as the new double giant bomb set up which could be use 3 pathings instead of the typical two way.

The reason why I do not think it's beneficial to talk within Supercell forums is because:

a) too cluttered with noise, and different people popping up and derailing the discussion
    b) topics are scattered with the focus
    c) You get those that are like "that won't work" and that's all they say.
    d) The Threads gets pushed back to other pages when it clearly deserves to be in the front

I am NOT putting down the supercell forum, it has an awesome community and dedicated members with their own field of interested. But I want to gather all like minded people who wish to discuss more thoroughly into topics, as a conceptual/intellectual person.

I am here to persuade only those that wish to discuss the bigger issues that only those that are hardcore thinkers can understand. Most people only care about Attack strategies and "building an awesome base," but the amount of good discussions and people who understand the problem to the discussions are too scattered around, and the threads the information that could have been resulting in the better for the community gets lost because there aren't enough talkers, or it gets buried and drowned to the back of the forum. Threads such as [Discussion - Laloon Defense], or [Air Sweeper - Discussion Thread] that is at the 3rd to 4th page.

I want this invitation to a place where it's noise free, and discussion focused, so people can pitch in their thoughts and not just have it die off.

Here is the link:http://akiyume.weebly.com/discussion.html#/

Here is an example of a conversation that me another 'elite' thinker talked about.

Credits to Me (akiyume), and Edpgolfer for this discussion.

Air Sweeper Switching Targets

Edp:If the sweeper pushes 3.6 tiles, if you have AD on the 12th tile, sweeper can push hound out of range and then focus on loons on the other since since the hound is no longer a target.

Aki: there is also the problem that I saw in my replay where if the lava exploded and the pups were around. The sweeper aggro-ed a few pups and a single pup in particular flew backwards to a storage but the sweeper still targeted it due to the fact the pup was still in range.

So like something like this so the wizards can kill the loons and pups that are in range but the lava is out of range.
    IT doesn't really matter if the wizard tower on the right is touching hte AD's back since the AS can push it to the front.

Edp: Yeah maybe. In theory it'd push lava out of range then lock onto loons that maybe closer.

Aki: was thinking of having the wizard on the left be the main "guard on the left side".

Edp: wiz tower would change target loon

Forcing a Cold Blooded Queen Kill

Read [Here] my post on Anti-lavaloon and [Here], edpgolfer's Reddit post on Penta and Quad Lavaloon Defense, why forcing a CB is a good option. Also how to to win against lavaloon, it isn't about beating the lava, but killing the loons.

------

Aki:

Was thinking of incoporating
    1) Pressure them to cold blooded an AD/Queen that is covered by the AS (since the AS makes them feel threaten)
    2) the Air Sweeper Switching Targets you were talking about to redirect loons.
    3) Protected Wizard in AS range and also can't be taken by a Cold blooded.

Was thinking of somehow making the Air Sweeper cover the middle AD (#2) of the 1-2-3 clock as well

Edp:
    But what if they shattered?

Aki: which is why the town hall is there trying to separate #1 and #4 AD to the point where shattered isn't possible.

Edp: Your west side will have really weak air coverage.

Aki: Thought of that as well but what if we put teslas there and paired with wizard towers?

Edp:
    Yeah I like teslas. Each Teslas can take out 2 loons if placed well, plus it would becool to get them to pop up at the perfect time soon loons have to reset their bomb drop. Like have it 6 tiles from defense so as soon as loon hover over defense. Tesla pops up and resets the bomb drop.

Aki: Tesla on the left can hit the golem that is part of the Cold blooded like you wanted for it's dps side, but let there be barrier to protect the tesla so it still can survive and act like a support afterwards for the 'anti loon' zone. Any loons coming from the west side afterwards or from the right would have to go through the teslas and wizard towers.

Edp: What about putting the last two teslas?

Aki either using it as an extra "step" for loons somewhere, but one of them I usually use to "lead" hogs into double giant bomb.

Ed: Maybe put the last two wiz towers east at 2:00 or 3:00. People would likely laloon you from 8:00 and work CCw. And the ADs would die before WT. And Throw in a tesla so they can't back end loon as easily, because even if the hound lives after the AD dies, the hound and loons will stick together so WT can still injure loons. And he'll have no spells at that point.

This is just the briefest of topics we have talked about and covered. I have my website hosts all of my ideas and insight to base building, clan management, and now I want it to gather all like minded people to discuss, and to think.

As a reminder that all the findings posted within the forums on my website is for the public view so gain some insight off of the conversations. I will of course be making the discussions I find interest into my own guides to explain better for the public. I'll source and credit any findings that I have used of course, and you guys are welcomed to gather the facts as well and use them as well (if you are a youtuber or a base builder). Just remember to source it to the right people and it'll be a positive community.

Everyone nowadays just makes attacking strategy posts and videos. Discussions and improving other areas is way more fun and complex, and I hope there will be people to join and expand the discussions further. Thank you.

Would like to give a shout out for Tomaster1275, Godll, Edpgolfer and TheJ for joining the Air Sweeper Discussion .

Here is the link again:http://akiyume.weebly.com/discussion.html#/
    Last edited by akiyume; May 3rd, 2015 at 11:29 PM.

First!!

Fantastic guide! Will you be incorporating this in your bases?
    Hiring people to make a new sig for me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crescendosorcerer View Post
    First!!

Fantastic guide! Will you be incorporating this in your bases?
    I'm trying but it's harder than it looks since even moving one building one tile away can effect other building placement. Right now I'm working on my "Air Sweeper Analysis and Finding" page so I'm not too into making the third gen of metaki yet.

Quote Originally Posted by akiyume View Post
    I'm trying but it's harder than it looks since even moving one building one tile away can effect other building placement. Right now I'm working on my "Air Sweeper Analysis and Finding" page so I'm not too into making the third gen of metaki yet.
    I see. Also, I have an idea. If you use the air sweeper to push the loons back, you can maybe make them retarget to a different defense, leaving the AD okay.
    Hiring people to make a new sig for me!!

Placing Junk Buildings Farther, Corner Builder's Hut Opposite of Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Crescendosorcerer View Post
    I see. Also, I have an idea. If you use the air sweeper to push the loons back, you can maybe make them retarget to a different defense, leaving the AD okay.

It's possible, but HIGHLY unlikely due to the fact that if the loon already arrive at the AD, they'll maximum be pushd about 3.6 tile (TH10). The fact that they are hovering over the AD means that's 1 tile they'll need to get pushed out off. Leaving only 2.6 Tiles away. In order for the Loons to switch targets they'll need to be pushed at the correct angle, and with it only 2.6 tiles away, the building that'll be used to re-direct the loons must be about 1-2 tiles away from AD, but that is too close for comfort. So this idea is do-able, but it's super hard to do and not likely.

I'm only going to copy and paste this once since it's the first post. I don't want this thread to be the place where people take since there will be plenty of new topics in the future, so I will not answer the any comments related to this Junk Building topic. So please visit the discussion board. There will be more things different topics to think about in the future.

The first topic of my Discussion:

Placing Junk Buildings Farther, Corner Builder's Hut Opposite of Queen

http://akiyume.weebly.com/discussion...ilder-4751274/

This was just a thought I was thinking of when I create my bases.

Right now all Anti-3 star buildings should be unlurable, so if the anti-3 star base is already super difficult to lure then why does the junk buildings around the perimeter of a base have to be so close right along the edge of the walls? Wouldn't it be better to have it so that it is 2 spaces FARTHER away, so that means there is an extra second or two that loons would have to travel. This "make sure all junk buildings are closer" mindset is due to when TH9 bases were easy to lure and the fact an dropping an archer can 'anchor' the clan castle troop. But now that bases can be made to be unlurable, or waste alot of resource to lure, that means you don't need to cover everything on the outside.

If you are worry about it being more easier for the enemy to funnel in their kill squad, most likely they'll be coming in from the direction of your Queen, so you can easily just make the buildings closer to the wall on the queen side, and use my "Builder Hut Distraction" technique there. The more longer it takes for the loons to travel and help the lavas the better. The main points I see of having Archer Tower/Cannon 'covering' all the junk building is pointless at this point of base building.

----------------

Corner Builder Hut TH9

I know corner builder's hut is a TH8 thing, but if you think about it, it can actually work in a TH9 anti-3 star war base.

If the enemy usually brings Golem/Wiz + Heroes for the Cold Blooded Attack, and 15 around loons + the extra 4 lavas, having the corner builder's hut on the opposite side of the Queen could be beneficial since you know they aren't going to bring their kill squad into that location, meaning they have no need to 'anchor' your clan castle troops to that location. Since the fact that they are relying on pups to burst and kill all the buildings, it means the the pups will be within the base doing the work, the corner builder hut will remain untouched. This almost follows the dragon concept where they'll need to waste space in order to kill the builders hut.

Space is already tight for a Lavaloon Raid, making them forget to bring an archer for that builders hut, or having them bring an archer for that builders hut meaning it'll make an odd number ratio. Instead of bringing 4 wizards for funnel for example, they now would have to bring 3 wizards and 1 archer, and have 3 extra space.

This is almost another way to mess with the enemy since everyone learns 'to remember to kill the corner builder's hut' drilled into them. The fact that now people don't worry about corner builders hut, and you give them a builders hut but not at their ideal place and it offers no benefit to them, makes it even better.

This is my thought on having junk buildings farther apart and having the corner builders hut on the opposite side of the queen.
    Last edited by akiyume; May 4th, 2015 at 05:57 PM.

Pro Member
    I love the reasoning behing the junk buildings. As a pentalava raider, I really hate bases that cant be lured, queen is in center and buildings are so far off i need to deploy in the grass. The only downside is, gowi** attacks become a little stronger, but as long as wall lvls are good and opponent doesnt have lvl 40 heroes, bases hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Counterpoint View Post
    I love the reasoning behing the junk buildings. As a pentalava raider, I really hate bases that cant be lured, queen is in center and buildings are so far off i need to deploy in the grass. The only downside is, gowi** attacks become a little stronger, but as long as wall lvls are good and opponent doesnt have lvl 40 heroes, bases hold.
    This is mostly for the anti-3 star bases in mind, so chances are, they aren't going to gowiwi your base :P. Thank you to those that joined.

Bump it up, hope to invite some interesting people, and start interesting topics I'll be posting a new topic soon.

Forum Elder
    So for a very long time I have advocated centering your AQ. The problem with this is it makes it almost impossible to keep the attacker from taking her and 2 ADs and sacrificing dps by using hp buildings to block the way to her.....So now I have been playing around with keeping her off center (yes a little easier to kill but...) and keeping away from ADs and DGB...far away. That way your opponent has to decide wether to kill your AQ, take out 1-2 ADs or trigger your. DGBs....but not a combo of the two

what at are your thoughts?