Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Things You Didn't Know, you Didn't Know!

Wow, you must be a careful farmer, two years without accidentally hitting the send away button by mistake? That's tough. I will admit to never having experimented with the green tick on the create sale button for at least a year. I didn't know until I read it on the forum that you could choose not to advertise your goods to all and sundry. That changed my life, for sure.
    GladeMaid
    RSS Name - Glade's Auckland Farm: Level - 116: Achievements - 124/132 Masteries - 31/??. Barn/Silo - Never big enough! Bring back Game Centre Friend Requests!

Photo: Great Spotted Kiwi - Mark Jones, Auscape Intl

Quote Originally Posted by GladeMaid View Post
    Wow, you must be a careful farmer, two years without accidentally hitting the send away button by mistake? That's tough. I will admit to never having experimented with the green tick on the create sale button for at least a year. I didn't know until I read it on the forum that you could choose not to advertise your goods to all and sundry. That changed my life, for sure.
    I know go figure...yet im the same person that will accidentally hit a 'gem this now button' an luckily i have double tapp enabled but i will then accidentally in succession hit it again out of sheer panic *slaps forehead* whats up with that its like torrettes for my fingers...... But something useful...nope

If it hadnt been for my neighbour id still be there now filling 8x5 crates of brown sugar, butter and cheese...lol!
    Last edited by carinamw87; April 30th, 2015 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Momx15 View Post
    I found the forum about 6 months after starting to play. There are sooooo many things I did not know about.

How to scroll up left side of items list to avoid accidentally spending diamonds.

About Game Center and adding friends.

Pets gave exp points, not just cuteness.

How to catch big fish.

Stock piling

OMG, WHEATING!!!!

And the list goes on...........

Question - how to catch big fish - is this similar to what mysos just posted up as ive actually never seen anything on tactics for fishing

Stockpiling - please share as i wasnt aware this could be done *listens intently wide eyed*
    Last edited by carinamw87; April 30th, 2015 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiaxotrax View Post
    My father in law who I INTRODUCED TO THE GAME told me this one.

If you don't have enough diamonds to get Tom for a percentage off you can leave his last product in the box. for years. if time runs out on tom while the item is still there he continues to stand there patiently. and once you collect it asks if you'd like to hire him again for the discounted rate. so if you have 85 diamonds you can leave those red hats in the box for a week get the last 5 diamonds you need and then collect them and rehire tom again at discount.

He's one of the lucky ducks who gets movie tickets and so if he's short a few diamonds he just lets tom sit there till for a couple days while he watches commercials and then rehires him for 10% off. Turns out he's never paid full price for tom!!!
    This is very handy to know. I get Tom back to back in 10 day lots because I am a lazy farmer and don't actually want to produce the items I sell to my town visitors. I thought I had to rehire him immediately after each 10 day block in order to take advantage of the discount (that, or wait for him to show up with another balloon). Because of this, I have him full time and often have no idea what I will use him for. Luckily, my sister also plays so I can order blankets, pillows, jellybeans, etc. for her so he doesn't go to waste.

Now that I know this, I can take a break from Tom for a few days knowing that I can get him back at a discounted rate when I am ready

BTW I am also one of the lucky ducks who gets the daily ads whereas my sister stopped getting them quite a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by carinamw87 View Post
    Question - how to catch big fish - is this similar to what mysos just posted up as ive actually never seen anything on tactics for fishing

Stockpiling - please share as i wasnt aware this could be done *listens intently wide eyed*
    Over on the new people tips is a link to the stacking guide that I put together. Here it is http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...=1#post3455124.

Also there is a link for turbo trucker help that talks about the hay day barn dance. That's how I learned to stack. Here it is http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...l=1#post942583
    Last edited by Tiggerr129; April 30th, 2015 at 11:41 PM.

GC: Tiggerr Two #2RQR90QG | Lvl: 131​ | NH:dis FUNtional
    Turbo Trucker Help and Guide | HD Guide Book- | New People Tips
    Main Topic guide

Thanks to Red (again) for the picture !!

Did not know about sending boats away until I found the forum or that you could tap the dock and see what was needed next. Changed my farming life😱😀

Farm Level 174. Town 53. 😊
    Please PM for farm ID.

Quote Originally Posted by Gymgirl4a View Post
    Did not know about sending boats away until I found the forum or that you could tap the dock and see what was needed next. Changed my farming life😱😀
    i was the same way
    Proud Member of HDAA (HayDay Addicts Anonymous) working on my addiction, 1 wheat field at a time
    Please PM for Farm ID
    Level: 144 | Town Level: 39
    |Achievements:143/144| Wheating since March 15, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Tiaxotrax View Post
    My father in law who I INTRODUCED TO THE GAME told me this one.

If you don't have enough diamonds to get Tom for a percentage off you can leave his last product in the box. for years. if time runs out on tom while the item is still there he continues to stand there patiently. and once you collect it asks if you'd like to hire him again for the discounted rate. so if you have 85 diamonds you can leave those red hats in the box for a week get the last 5 diamonds you need and then collect them and rehire tom again at discount.

He's one of the lucky ducks who gets movie tickets and so if he's short a few diamonds he just lets tom sit there till for a couple days while he watches commercials and then rehires him for 10% off. Turns out he's never paid full price for tom!!!
    No way!!!! This I did not know. I am thinking I should not have replied to this because SC may fix this, like they fixed the DD refresh after a hard close...will definitely try this. Thx.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Daily-wherever-whenever player | Farm Level 91 | ❤️ Level 21.
    Ability to communicate with the HD animals.

Quote Originally Posted by carinamw87 View Post

if you do a search, I'm sure you will find one of the guides. I'm sorry, but I'm really lousy with the tech stuff. Basically, the smaller the circle, the bigger the fish. Sometimes you need to release your lure many times before you get the really tiny ones. These are mostly for the fishing events.

Stockpilling/Stacking was developed by Tiggerr and I noticed she answered ahead of me. Her stickie for new players is a must read.

if you haven't read all the stickies, you should. There is tons of info in them. Also, look for the tables that Ranger has put together. Very helpful
    GC: momx15. Level 84, Town level 18. Playing HayDay since 2013, just not in a hurry.
    Welcome new friends. My farm is Semper Feist Farms.

Ok, I just learned something I had no clue about. All those lovely big wheel bicycles and victrolas, I thought we get them from WOF (wheel of fortune), so I started complaining that they have never showed up on my wheel. Then, Mazzy who is our fearless leader tells me they are bought with thank you notes, in the mystery box! I was pretty surprised as I never seen them as any type of optioning offer. But, I couldn't find the mystery box, oh my gosh, I have no mystery box!!! No wonder I have not gotten any! She then says (sorry, I'm laughing while I write this), you don't have a forth spot??? I said of course I do silly, thats where the BRT (big r e d tractor) is. Then I look uo at the top of the page and guess what?? The forth section is called mystery box! I'm pretty excited at this new discovery....lol

Happy Farming 🚜
    GC CatsMeow918 level 91 This is just a game people, life takes priority!