Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nice Try, but time for the Derby to disappear

I like the derby

I really do. It was the derby that got me liking the town! It's almost my favorite thing at this point. I would never had thought that, I disliked the town so much.

Have there been some disappointing changes derby-wise this last go-round? Yes. But I have an abiding faith that we will achieve equilibrium...eventually.😉

Bumped up due to spam in forum

Everydays A Hayday!
    GC: Carinamw87 - Lvl 69 117/126 Achievements
    BST-UTC/GMT - To Hayday Or Not To Hayday - That Is Not The Question!
    Ditch'spiration - HERE

Things You Didn't Know - HERE
    Blue NH Box & what it REALLY means HERE

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GladeMaid View Post
    Hay Day used to be a farming game that was all about having the resource management skills to grow your farm.

Now it is a horse race game that is all about prepping for the next race.

Enough said.

I totally agree with this.

I really don't have any problems with the derby. It hasn't affected my style of play at all. I ignore the truck and boat tasks. Other neighborhood members seem happy to pick those up. Collect some goat milk or wool. I was going to do that anyway. It's all good. Our nh doesn't usually come in first. No one is losing any sleep over it.
    Game Center ID: northwinds13
    Level 132

I like the derby and I believe it's here to stay. However, I (and many others, judging from the recent feedback on this forum) don't like the new tweaks. It was fun before the tweaks, because our small NH, which consists of 3 mid to low level farmers, could do the crop and animal tasks and get nice prizes at the end (boat and truck tasks are too hard and time consuming for us, we are pretty busy IRL). This is no longer possible in the new version, so I guess we'll take a break after this one and come back when / if the task points get rebalanced.

It would be nice if neighbourhoods could opt out of derbies, just so they don't get the notifications and such. Other than that, I don't see how anyone is negatively impacted. If you don't like it and your neighbourhood doesn't like it, ignore it. If you have different opinions, split the neighbourhood in two.

I think it's good that the derby requires some effort in order to get rewards. My neighbourhood has 10 players and it's 800 / 2000 / 3300 / 5100 / 7700 points for the horseshoes. Which translates to 80 / 200 / 330 / 510 / 770 points per player. Unless your numbers are vastly different, isn't it fairly easy to do 3 tasks in 6 days for 170 points each? If each player trashes bad tasks whenever he's on, you should have plenty 200+ tasks. And the smaller tasks requires less effort per point than the biggest tasks. This last part should be emphasized, though. Let's say the biggest mining task requires 100 ore and gives 300 points, 3 points per ore. The smallest should require 30 ore and give 150 points, 5 points per ore. The biggest is still the better task for a competitive team, the smaller task is very desirable for a less competitive team.
    Last edited by Catwalk; April 30th, 2015 at 02:10 PM.

I don't think the derby has had much effect. Just judging from how easily my neighborhood wins every week, most people are not participating.

I think the town and neighborhoods have had a much bigger effect on what people put in their RSSs. The greedy townies scarf up endless numbers premium items, and people are giving things to their neighbors they might have sold otherwise.

I don't find the derby a challenge at all.
    Level 199

I love the derby! My nh has won every derby so far because we have 30 out of 30 members actively participating. The one derby that we had any competition was neck and neck and exhilarating. The way the nh worked together to squeak out a win was so much fun.

I didn't care for the recent tweaks though. I only do 300+ point tasks, and they were hard to find this time. I ended up taking 2 boat tasks. Yuck!

Our neighborhood has been ignoring derbies since week 3. We didn't even reach the first horseshoe in last derby and I doubt we will for this one. We are a neighborhood of 30, but only 5-6 people are actively playing. The leader has stopped playing (but not quit the nbh) and we have no co-leader or elder, so no way to clean up the nbhood. And we active players refuse to leave because we really like each other. So obviously we don't stand any chance in any derby. It caused some tensions between 2 nbrs in the beginning, but eventually we sorted out. To us, derby does no good at all, so we just ignore it.

Personally I don't like the derby idea to begin with. To me, competition was not, and shouldn't be, the tone of Hayday. But I guess it's good for business, and there are players enjoying it, so I will not complain
    Last edited by taoyingying; April 30th, 2015 at 02:59 PM.
    Level 149

Taoyingying, you can always start a new nh and have your active members join. Then, you would only be pared with neighborhoods of the same size. You would need to plan it while still in your current nh or use kik to communicate outside of the game.

The derby is a quick way to get vouchers and expansion items. You would probably enjoy it more if the goals weren't set up for 30 members to reach.