Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: We want justice, we want changes to the Derby Point tasks.

Quote Originally Posted by nickynoo007 View Post
    I am really happy to find out that my neighbours and I are not the only ones unhappy with these changes.
    We used to love the Derby.
    For players who work full time, it is vitually impossible to find a task, other than mining, that they can do. How is a player on level 60 supposed to harvest 500 carrot fields in 6 hours? Call in sick to work? Then finish the task for just 240 points? They need to remove the time limit and put the points up!!
    There are no longer enough high points tasks! Some of my neighbours had to wait 2 days for their first task. Now we don't even seem to be getting the high scoring boat tasks!
    The Derby has broken up a lot of neighbourhoods and caused a lot of friction. This is going to make it worse!
    Is SC suddenly on a mission to upset all of their players? Do they have too many and want to get rid of some?
    I hope they reinstate the original tasks as this is no fun anymore!
    That made me laugh a lot- Call in sick to work. SC should make the mega crop tasks 'Until Derby ends'

2000 points

I think we should make every task 2000 points.

Grow a carrot? 2000 points
    Fill 12 boats? 2000 points
    Mine 8 ores? 2000 points

That way its "fair" to everyone.

Me I would like the mine one. It might spit a diamond at me. You never know. 😀

Farm level: 236 Silo 11,650 and always full, no really it is full!
    Start date: 01/09/2013
    Disclaimer: The opinions expressed by Besta are Bestas opinions, ideas and concerns.
    “I think I have a new favorite notification from HayDay: “The scarecrow made me do it”. Quote accredited to dtx275

Unwarranted.
    VOTE HERE for a Derby Gift Catalogue.

Enable diamond confirmation --- but beware: it only works in some places! ❇click for info❇
    Of Chill Reputations ~ join a cool neighbourhood

Banned
    [QUOTE=Suzy435;443 SC should make the mega crop tasks 'Until Derby ends'[/QUOTE]

Agreed .

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by pitchfork View Post
    Stacking townies is good time and resource strategy. You might as well ask why on earth you would store goods in your barn in preparation for servicing trucks or boats. The question ought to be, why wouldn't you?
    As for stacking townies, I find that the best way to keep _my_ town & farm running smoothly at max is to serve townies as they come in, and immediately start baking/cooking/growing replacements for whatever I serve them. Stacking townies creates a far more non-uniform demand on products, which has a much worse impact on stock that is harder and more frustrating to recover from. Stacking sound like it's going to effect my stock in a way similar to trying to do Turbo Trucker 3.

But to be clear, I try to run the farm at max all the time, and this has nothing to do with the derby. Somebody that mostly ignores the town, and just wants to serve townies for a derby task? Yeah, stacking up served townies makes sense to me. However, I do still stand by my example of giving a 390-point townie task for a large number of townies (I picked 150, but whatever, I think 100 would work, and 200 wouldn't scare me). The point is: I think it is very reasonable for big-points to be rewarded only for a big effort. It makes no sense to give big rewards for little effort.

You (and Tiggerr) said some things that are helping think through what our neighborhood might do differently in response to the recent derby changes. But I haven't yet fully processed it all yet, much less had time to bounce any conclusions off my elders or then write it up here.
    GC: Snoopy Lane
    Level: 159; Town: 60; Barn: 5900; Silo: 6250
    Still to go: 5 achievements, 10 permits, 65 puzzle pieces, 37 fish, 1 machine mastery

Quote Originally Posted by XYZZY View Post
    The point is: I think it is very reasonable for big-points to be rewarded only for a big effort. It makes no sense to give big rewards for little effort.
    Exactly! I would say if there is a return to crop or animal tasks closer to 300pt, then the trucks and boats tasks need to go higher still, into 400s to reflect the effort involved... Let's not forget, if I take a crop task then I get points plus the crop in my silo, whereas for a boat task I get points plus a big hole in the barn stocks.

SC was really doing players (especially lower level ones) a major favour in making the crop and animal tasks collect tasks, not item dump task type. Making the points for those too close to the points for the boat/truck/town tasks does not seem fair in that light.
    Chapter One #22V00CGY Level 16 International clan
    We welcome strong TH11 and TH12 adult players with big heros for relaxed fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Must know where the donate button is!

More 300 pt tasks

I agree with this thread. Being an everyday player I see a lot. Too many small tasks that i have to constantly trash with my time to pull up higher point tasks. It's a lot of work to do for the team. Definately think they need more town 300 points and crops as well.

Quote Originally Posted by XYZZY View Post
    As for stacking townies, I find that the best way to keep _my_ town & farm running smoothly at max is to serve townies as they come in, and immediately start baking/cooking/growing replacements for whatever I serve them. Stacking townies creates a far more non-uniform demand on products, which has a much worse impact on stock that is harder and more frustrating to recover from. Stacking sound like it's going to effect my stock in a way similar to trying to do Turbo Trucker 3.

But to be clear, I try to run the farm at max all the time, and this has nothing to do with the derby. Somebody that mostly ignores the town, and just wants to serve townies for a derby task? Yeah, stacking up served townies makes sense to me. However, I do still stand by my example of giving a 390-point townie task for a large number of townies (I picked 150, but whatever, I think 100 would work, and 200 wouldn't scare me). The point is: I think it is very reasonable for big-points to be rewarded only for a big effort. It makes no sense to give big rewards for little effort.

You (and Tiggerr) said some things that are helping think through what our neighborhood might do differently in response to the recent derby changes. But I haven't yet fully processed it all yet, much less had time to bounce any conclusions off my elders or then write it up here.
    You are right about running an efficient town and stacking puts a big damper on that. The folks in our NH aren't real big town fans and since town tasks are featured we have been busy helping some of them expand personal trains etc. Stacking townies really only works if you would otherwise ignore the town. Some of our members send all their townies to the platform for the others to pick up. I stack 42 of them in the last day of the derby and have them waiting for day one. On the other hand I don't do boats unless I have everything myself and if it is a really easy boat. If I have to flag a crate or work to find or make an item for it, I will forget the thing is there. Too many captains candidates to help, I guess burned me out on my own boats. And I wasn't on the team as long as some of the folks.
    At the risk of giving away trade secrets, another thing we do is, it is my job to make tomatoes and lettuce so that our members who are working on the hot dog machine have plenty available. I think I have the biggest silo so it works. But that's the last secret I am telling you or they might kick me out.

GC: Tiggerr Two #2RQR90QG | Lvl: 131​ | NH:dis FUNtional
    Turbo Trucker Help and Guide | HD Guide Book- | New People Tips
    Main Topic guide

Thanks to Red (again) for the picture !!

Centennial Club
    I basically agree with this thread.

Here are some thoughts:

My NH was completely drama free before the introduction of the derby. Introducing competition into Hay Day always seemed like a bizarre move considering it is so good without competition in it. That said, a lot of my NH really loves the derby so I guess something is appealing about it.

In essence, I agree that the resource dump tasks need to be more highly rewarded than the ones where you benefit. So the trucks, towns, and boats should be the highest points tasks because they take the most effort. That said, a lot of us work for a living and have other commitments beyond Hay Day. If the lowering of the points on crops/animal tasks wasn't bad enough (now you can't seriously compete with those ones) the time limits make them virtually impossible to do even if you were interested in doing them. I considered doing some crop/animal tasks this derby because they are my favorites (despite the low points) but I just couldn't take the tasks considering I might be at work and totally unable to complete them.

For reasons unknown to me, our NH likes the derby and also likes to win the derby (I don't like the derby, fishing, the town, boats, and a great many other things). I like to contribute, but I really don't like boats or fishing so I ended up doing endless town and truck tasks. It was OK, but I wouldn't say it was the most fun thing to do. I still ended up with a hoard of points, but there wasn't that entertaining variance in tasks. Planting all lettuce can be a fun challenge sometimes.

All things considered, I would keep the item-dump tasks the highest points, but I would at least extend the time limits on the crop/animal tasks. 250 pts. is low enough that I wouldn't want to bother with crop/animal tasks anymore but if it was at least 'until derby ends' then I could do it just for the fun of it if we were already guaranteed victory in the derby or if we ever decided we don't care about the derby (but still want to get the horseshoes or whatever).

Thanks for posting this!
    Last edited by dmofalterak; May 4th, 2015 at 03:15 AM.

I haven't read through this whole thread but from the few posts I did read, I think there is an assumption that the townie task is not such a big one as it stands. For me, personally, I think the points are too low for a 20 townie task unless one comes from a large neighbourhood, which I don't. If I were to send away all visitors who wanted to visit 3 shops, I would not be able to do several townie tasks per derby, and I don't have the luxury of having one-stop townies from neighbours. Boat tasks (which I am not interested in) at least are open to help as crates can be flagged for outside help. I thought the derby description mentioned getting points for what one normally does and I have no desire to change my play style so the only tasks I do are the townie visitors and mining. 20 town visitors, many of which have to visit 3 shops, is as arduous as truck or boat tasks from my perspective.