Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Worst idea ever ..... from Supercell

I'm OK, at least for the time is 12 hours.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hcf View Post
    I know this was requested by others, but it is not good for me. There is nothing preventing anyone from taking a day off from the derby tasks. Making everyone wait a day just makes it more stressful to be able to finish a high point boat task and still complete 5 tasks.

If any time off is needed, I would suggest changing the neighborjood derby to once a month or every other week to make it more special. A forced one day off just annoys me.
    I am serious. There can be more than one day off between derbies depending on when you finish your 5th task, or when you run out of diamonds buying extra tasks. If you get 5 tasks done in 5 days, guess what, you have 2 days off.

Needing time off to get ready for the next derby is a bad excuse. Learn to multi-task. When doing aa non-fishing task, make lures. When doing a harvesting task, make things to store in your barn for orders.

If players need time off due to the extra stress of the derby, one day is not enough. I do like getting the derby prizes every week.
    just because something annoys you does not make it a bad idea. It just means you annoy easily.

Players who wanted time off between derbys asked for a one day break. They thought that one day was enough to regroup, move in and out of hoods, restock, rest etc. If you do not need it fine. But since you see no need for the break, you have no idea if one day is enough or not, so your suggestion that one day is not enough is without merit.

To use your own argument, needing 7 days to complete 5 tasks is a bad excuse to not give players a day off. Learn to multi task.

when the discussion began, i did not want the day off. The opposite view point won. Be gracious in losing the debate.

I am serious. There can be more than one day off between derbies depending on when you finish your 5th task, or when you run out of diamonds buying extra tasks. If you get 5 tasks done in 5 days, guess what, you have 2 days off.

Needing time off to get ready for the next derby is a bad excuse. Learn to multi-task. When doing aa non-fishing task, make lures. When doing a harvesting task, make things to store in your barn for orders.

If players need time off due to the extra stress of the derby, one day is not enough. I do like getting the derby prizes every week.
    The thing is people don't need excuses, they have their own personal preferences for their own reasons which I will mostly be completley unaware of and they will not need to explain or justify it to me or anyone else.

Since it's impossible to change someone else, I've done exactly what you suggested and adjust my own play to the current game rules. With / without a break - either way is fine with me. If the derby is 7 days, I do the tasks more slowly. If it's six, I try to be quicker. I am fortunate in that I don't feel pressured by my neighbors. If there was suddenly a requirement to always be first and make the derby top priority, I probably wouldn't like that, as it just isn't that big a deal to me and even the prizes aren't so terribly significant.
    Now that there is a break, then during the break I do whatever I did before the derby existed.

The one thing I don't do is expect everyone to want to play exactly the way I personally prefer. That will never happen and inevitably leads to frustration and bitterness as expressed in all these posts trying to insist their personal preference is the only "Right" way

One more opinion, as a NH leader of a NEW NH

We desperately needed the break. We left our old neighborhood because they took the derby much more seriously than we wanted to. We started our own new neighborhood, with the goal of enjoying the game without stress. We want to participate in the derby, just not pressure everyone in the NH to take 300 point items and fight to come in first every time. So... in order to get members, we really needed a time that they could switch without losing the benefits that come from participation. Those horseshoe prizes are a big deal!

Main points:
    • The derby changed the dynamic of our neighborhood, and therefore our enjoyment of the game.
    • We started a new neighborhood AFTER the derby was implemented.
    • We got no new members for 3 weeks.
    • We got lots of new members after the 1 day break was implemented.
    • Several of our new members are like us, they left their NH because it got too competitive, but they want to participate in the derby.
    • The one day break prevents members from being penalized for finding a new NH more in keeping with their desired playstyle.

We aren't going to have meetings about derby strategies. We aren't going to be mad if we aren't number 1. We are going to celebrate if we are number 3, or, if we tried hard, and got 4 horseshoes.

(If you feel the same way, our neighborhood is Carpet Dragons, and we would welcome you)

Centennial Club

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by RavenWriter View Post
    We desperately needed the break. We left our old neighborhood because they took the derby much more seriously than we wanted to. We started our own new neighborhood, with the goal of enjoying the game without stress. We want to participate in the derby, just not pressure everyone in the NH to take 300 point items and fight to come in first every time. So... in order to get members, we really needed a time that they could switch without losing the benefits that come from participation. Those horseshoe prizes are a big deal!

Main points:
    • The derby changed the dynamic of our neighborhood, and therefore our enjoyment of the game.
    • We started a new neighborhood AFTER the derby was implemented.
    • We got no new members for 3 weeks.
    • We got lots of new members after the 1 day break was implemented.
    • Several of our new members are like us, they left their NH because it got too competitive, but they want to participate in the derby.
    • The one day break prevents members from being penalized for finding a new NH more in keeping with their desired playstyle.

We aren't going to have meetings about derby strategies. We aren't going to be mad if we aren't number 1. We are going to celebrate if we are number 3, or, if we tried hard, and got 4 horseshoes.

(If you feel the same way, our neighborhood is Carpet Dragons, and we would welcome you)

My neighborhood is similar to your neighborhood. At first, some players may be quite pressureized to be in the Top3 all the time. But after weeks of Derby, players start to find out playing Derby should be in enjoyment and give freedom players to take Derby or not. With one day Derby break, players become less pressureized and at present, the objective of the neighborhood becomes to win as many horseshoes as possible. For Top3, take it easy!

I find out that a few neighborhood are quite crazy, forcing players to get 250+ tasks all the time!
    Level: 118 / Town: 31
    GC: loyimkit / FB: yk73120 / TAG: #20L2CRYU2
    Achievements: 130 /132
    Follower Count: 62 / Likes Count: 132
    Neighborhood: HK Farm!!!

I finished 5 tasks by FrIday this week. I have 3 days off from the derby!

Good for you!
    VOTE HERE for a Derby Gift Catalogue.

Enable diamond confirmation --- but beware: it only works in some places! ❇click for info❇
    Of Chill Reputations ~ join a cool neighbourhood