Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Spring Summer Collection Contest!

2015 Spring Summer Collection Contest!

Hi everyone!

For the loving memory of Woozle, the forum member who had initiated the Smiley, Giveaway thread, I decided to arrange a contest for all forum members:

- The contest is for "Best Farm Design" since the new Land plots are introduced with the latest update, I thought this would be in sync!
    - You may submit up to three snapshots from your farm. (Or your town) Please take a screenshot on your device and then upload the images to an online image portal, e.g imgur
    http://imgur.com/
    After upload please copy and paste the link to your reply, even if you attach the image.
    - You may take an overall snapshot, or feature a detail that you are fond of.
    - I am planning to honor the winner by gifting a 10 set of Silo expansion materials to the winner. (You must have a gc, or a nh friend of yours might mediate between)
    - The winner may choose to donate their items to some other person

Please kindly Reply to this thread with the image links of your farm (up to 3)

Last edited by MadeleineAkaino; May 7th, 2015 at 08:17 AM.

As I told Madeleine, there's nothing special about my farm, but in the interest of rejuvenating Woozle's Smiley thread & honoring her memory, I'd like to nominate my neighbor's farm.

Storybrooke Village is wonderfully colorful, has a delightful river meandering through it (which everyone in our NH admires & has drawn inspiration from) & her villagers are currently paying tribute to the ANZAC fallen. Hers is a true example of the peace & plenty combined with the beauty & bounty which exemplifies the HD philosophy.

GC ID - LadyJEM5 / LvL - 80 & Farming Daily / RSS Name - Hedge Row Hills- Achievements - 111/126 - Barn/Silo - 2850/3450. Capt. III/Co-Op III/TT III - NH - Down On The Farm

Happy to be a good neighbor & help whenever, but dairy/sugar/seafood cargoes are no goes. No challenges please. Communication is the key to contented players, SC!

Dibley Fields in bloom!

I only know Woozle through the commemorative thread which appeared just about the time I began farming. That thread was one of the reasons that I knew Hay Day was the right place for me!

I second Jem's nomination of her neighbor's farm. It is truly inspirational--especially the meandering stream. I'm already planning to use the new land that became available in the update to add a waterfall and stream to my farm.

In the meantime, I'd like to share my proudest moment at Dibley Fields...Easter Sunday when I was able to get virtually all my fruit trees and berry bushes to bloom at the same time!

I also planned an egg hunt by hiding items around the farm. Here is Tilly waiting with her Easter basket for the start of the hunt at the entry to the Easter garden promenade.

The Pig Statue (using his Trick-or-Treat bag as an Easter basket) was one of the items in the egg hunt. Can you find him?

Farm Level 107 | Town 33 | Achievements 135/141

Thank you for joining the contest! Both are amazing farms and very well put together.

Here is mine

http://imgur.com/FFUzG6T
    http://imgur.com/1n6bRvq
    http://imgur.com/ojsBotr
    GC: Madeleine Akaino KIK: madeleineakaino
    Farm Level 107 & Town Level 34, NH: Its Jennys Hood

My 2015 ANZAC fields

We dumped photobucket last year, so to see our arts you will have to click the link or add me in GC.

This is our representation of Lone Pine Cemetery on the Gallipoli Peninsula. The ANZAC grave is adorned with blue flowers and the Turkish grave is covered in pink flowers. The soldier stands at attention near the graves as part of the commemoration and because this cemetery is also a war memorial.

Kemal Ataturk stands between the graves, near an eternal flame symbolizing memory and a fountain which symbolizes the war memorial structure.

Gnomes represent the family members of those who died on the Peninsula on 25 Apr 1915. A small military color guard (ladybug and caterpillar corps) and official delegation (snowman) round out the audience.

http://i.imgur.com/dPk5NK0.jpg

On the farm we have made our usual huge flag of Australia (today) and New Zealand (tomorrow) and Turkey (Sunday -- if we can pull it off).

http://i.imgur.com/psu649T.jpg

We have commemorated the date of the battle of Gallipoli with our raspberry bushes.

http://i.imgur.com/MIb0fH0.jpg

In between the flag and the date we have a large (now, thanks to new land) ceremonial area where the Dawn Service is underway.

Two heart-shaped flowerbeds surrounded by poppies symbolize love of country and love for those who fought.

A delegation of political (king frogs) and military (soldiers) leaders from Australia, New Zealand, and Turkey will address the crowd as part of the Dawn Service. An actor (snowman) leads the crowd in the traditional poem recited at these services and exhorts the crowd "Lest We Forget."

Two contingents of ANZACS, one from New Zealand and one from Australia stand at attention. These are represented by ladybugs and butterflies.

To the side, slow garden snails, tortoises, and caterpillars symbolize aging WWI veterans, who have a place of honor at the front of the audience. The rest of the audience is made up of gnomes.

http://i.imgur.com/QIyAva9.jpg

I will post photos of the flags planted in indigo over the next couple of days, but wanted to get these up before I head out of town with a bunch of girl scouts later today.

Lev 129/Rep Lev 34 US Central Time Zone (GMT-6) FIELD ARTIST, STORYTELLER, and FROG WRANGLER 131/132 AchievementsProud Graduate of the University of Texas -- HOOK 'EM HORNS!! Thx PEACHIE for AWESOME sig pic! DONE with permit land 11 Sep 17 - this has been a BORING grind. Ditto Puzzle Pieces: Not interested in the sanctuary enough to track anymore.

Madeleine, it's nice to actually visit your farm since I feel like I know you so well from the forums! I especially like how you have a pond area between your goats and pigs. I'm sure they appreciate people coming by to walk through the garden and visit them. I also like how welcoming the beautiful areas right behind your RSS are.

Perky, I'm so glad that you posted your ANZAC remembrance tributes here. They deserve a wider audience than they may have gotten in the original thread! Lest we forget...the sacrifices of our Turkish, Aussie and Kiwi ancestors.

Farm Level 107 | Town 33 | Achievements 135/141

(Hope it's okay to respond without participating in the contest, if not I will delete my post)
    Wish I could have known Woozle, this tribute to her is touching and along with the other threads about her it speaks volumes about the kind of person she was and also the unique community playing this game.

The farms are beautiful and inspiring - gives me something to work to in the long run and I can't wait to see more

Decorating is not my forte but in loving memory of Woozle and her generous spirit, I would like to join in and double the prize making it a total of 20 SEM sets.
    GC (& Kik): PinkStarbelly
    Tag: 8U99URUY Level: ​106

Quote Originally Posted by PinkStarbelly View Post
    Decorating is not my forte but in loving memory of Woozle and her generous spirit, I would like to join in and double the prize making it a total of 20 SEM sets.
    Woohoo! Thank you Pink!
    Now may be we will get more contestants!
    GC: Madeleine Akaino KIK: madeleineakaino
    Farm Level 107 & Town Level 34, NH: Its Jennys Hood

Whilst I can't compete with the beautiful farms shown here (absolutely loved your Anzac tribute Perky) I'd like to share some pictures of my farm in memory of Woozle.

I don't really want to sign up for a photo sharing site (and knowing me probably would not be able to work out how to use it ) but I don't know how to post 'embedded' pictures like LadyJem and MiniGardener have done, I've searched the forum for some instructions and can't find any - although I'm sure I've seen a guide here before

If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be much appreciated . It's late in my timezone but I will check back tomorrow and hopefully be able to share some pics .