Thread: Diamond purchase greyed out since 3 weeks - supercell+Apple unable to solve problem

Fresh Spawn

Diamond purchase greyed out since 3 weeks - supercell+Apple unable to solve problem

A diamond purchase transaction was initiated from my son's ipad 3 weeks ago, using family share. Something went wrong during approval process and now the diamond purchase windows is permanently greyed out with the cursor rotating, as if it was waiting for something. I can't even cancel the transaction and start over, as soon as I press the "+" sign near by the diamond, the diamond purchase windows is greyed out. I called Apple and they said they had several similar issues reported by players of Supercell games, they checked this issue with their technical team and according to them the problem is on Supercell side. Super cell support, says it's Apple fault so it's the ping pong game.

My guess is that hayday is stuck waiting for a transaction approval or refusal from Itunes. As something went wrong during the process, Itunes has probably cancelled the transaction (I was not charged for the diamonds) and everything is fine on their side, but hayday programmer have not anticipated such a case and never implemented a "timeout" feature that will cancel the transaction after a certain time.

I have tried everyting, even full reset of the ipad and reinstalling the app (if you do that, don't forget to use Facebook or Game center to save you game progression otherwise you will loose everything).

As a customer, I'm very surprised at the way Supercell is threating this issue. I'm wanting to spend money on their game and I would expect that they at least open a second level support ticket to investigate the issue with Apple and solve the problem. But no, the only thing their support did was to tell me that it was not their fault and that I had to contact Apple.

I'm posting this message here, so that other players who have the same problem can post their experience and hopefully sometime supercell will take this problem seriously and implement some kind of "timout" mechanism in their software to cancel blocked transaction after several days.

In the meantime, I will tell my son to spend his money on some other games ...

Supercell obviously dont take into consideration their players cause many serious global problems are occurring last days and nobody seems to have the will or the knowledge to help us.

You advised your son well
    Hay Day
    Level:120,
    Barn,Silo:4500, Game Center:skouliki04
    ios 8.3 ipad

Fresh Spawn

Grayed out diamonds

Quote Originally Posted by pascalg View Post
    A diamond purchase transaction was initiated from my son's ipad 3 weeks ago, using family share. Something went wrong during approval process and now the diamond purchase windows is permanently greyed out with the cursor rotating, as if it was waiting for something. I can't even cancel the transaction and start over, as soon as I press the "+" sign near by the diamond, the diamond purchase windows is greyed out. I called Apple and they said they had several similar issues reported by players of Supercell games, they checked this issue with their technical team and according to them the problem is on Supercell side. Super cell support, says it's Apple fault so it's the ping pong game.

My guess is that hayday is stuck waiting for a transaction approval or refusal from Itunes. As something went wrong during the process, Itunes has probably cancelled the transaction (I was not charged for the diamonds) and everything is fine on their side, but hayday programmer have not anticipated such a case and never implemented a "timeout" feature that will cancel the transaction after a certain time.

I have tried everyting, even full reset of the ipad and reinstalling the app (if you do that, don't forget to use Facebook or Game center to save you game progression otherwise you will loose everything).

As a customer, I'm very surprised at the way Supercell is threating this issue. I'm wanting to spend money on their game and I would expect that they at least open a second level support ticket to investigate the issue with Apple and solve the problem. But no, the only thing their support did was to tell me that it was not their fault and that I had to contact Apple.

I'm posting this message here, so that other players who have the same problem can post their experience and hopefully sometime supercell will take this problem seriously and implement some kind of "timout" mechanism in their software to cancel blocked transaction after several days.

In the meantime, I will tell my son to spend his money on some other games ...
    I have this problem,too. No solution for it yet.

I had something similar about a month ago, but Apple fixed it for me.
    Chapter One #22V00CGY Level 16 International clan
    We welcome strong TH11 and TH12 adult players with big heros for relaxed fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Must know where the donate button is!

Boise, Idaho, U.S.A, North America, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe
    Happened to me. Just give it some time or ask supercell.

Fixed after 20 minutes for me though.
    Last edited by TheIdahoTrader; July 5th, 2015 at 01:57 PM.

Cannot Purchase Diamonds. Grayed Out--Spinning Disk

I have grayed out screen. Had it for 22 days. Hay Day Help Desk has given up on me.

Apple claims there's a bug in Supercell's program. After investigating problem Apple informed me they have gotten over 50 identical complaints from gamers.

Strange that on each of my portal interactions with Hay Day Help Desk, I'm informed that they've never encountered this problem or complaint. Hahaha

Has anyone been able to solve this problem on their own? I have a mini-iPad3. Made multiple diamond purchases prior to recent IOS update. Issue first occurred days after update.

Android user - can't purchase

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGoatGirl View Post
    I have grayed out screen. Had it for 22 days. Hay Day Help Desk has given up on me.

Apple claims there's a bug in Supercell's program. After investigating problem Apple informed me they have gotten over 50 identical complaints from gamers.

Strange that on each of my portal interactions with Hay Day Help Desk, I'm informed that they've never encountered this problem or complaint. Hahaha

Has anyone been able to solve this problem on their own? I have a mini-iPad3. Made multiple diamond purchases prior to recent IOS update. Issue first occurred days after update.
    I can't purchase diamonds. Says I can't connect to billing. For days now...

I am also having this same exact issue. I tried to make a purchase last night for my daughter's Hay Day account and there was a glitch during the process of approval. My daughter's iPad is setup so that she must ask for permission to make purchases. When the prompt came up to ask for permission, I accidentally, simultaneously clicked on "Approve" on my device and "Approve on this device" on her iPad. For some reason I could not approve on her device so when I went back to her Hay Day account, the diamonds and coins purchase feature were (and still are) grayed out.

I contacted Apple support and was told to contact the app developer with an invoice. The problem is...I never received an invoice! It is not in my iTunes purchase history and I never received an email for the purchase either. The "advisor" said that I will definitely receive an invoice within 24-48 hours... but I doubt it.

Is there no way this issue can be solved?? I tried reinstalling the app on my daughter's iPad but it did not work.

Whom and how do you contact Apple with such problems? I have several purchase issues as well and Supercell is only pointing to a path, which is not exisiting at Apple.