View Poll Results: Do you agree with this idea?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I love option 1

16 21.05%
  • Yes, I love option 2

8 10.53%
  • Yes, I love option 3

37 48.68%
  • No, I don't like this.

15 19.74%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A New Idea for the Flag Issue

Officially Retired: Yes I'm alive :smirk:

A New Idea for the Flag Issue

This thread is about SC fixing flags. If you have spent over 2 months on these forums recently, you would know what I mean .

Here's just a few
    http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...=1#post4383922
    http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...1395-IRAN-Flag
    http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...18-Flag-%21%21
    http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...the-reason-why
    http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...g-Polska-Flaga

You annoyed? Now imagine that times 10. Yea. Thats what I, and many frequent flyers in Ideas and Featured Requests have to go through.

The Problem
    There have been constant requests for flags recently. I agree, SC is missing some flags, but these requests block good quality ideas (like my Clan [Troop] Bank ) from being seen. A "clinical" study provided by Drakos states that 29.38% of forumers care about flags, while 70.68% do not.

Here's a nice (shortened) post from Warren explaining

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenJames View Post
    As much as I'd like Supercell to be rid of the issue, I don't think it is a great idea to do.

What I see as the real issue is graphic library bloat. Sure, lets say you put in all.. what? 200+ national flags? And just the flag objects, with the flag poll as one static graphic object to put it on, to save space.

Ok, so you have 200+ tiny animated gif files, which basicly means you have one flag with 6-8 picture frames. So, low estimate of 1,200 image frames.

Now think about that.. How many frames are needed for each troop or building? Likely 3-4 movement and 3-4 for attacks. Then multiply that by how many directions they face, divided by 2. since they mirror the same sprite so it faces the opposite direction to save space... So by 3? 6 frames times times 3, so 18 (off the cuff) picture frames for a barbarian.

Anyway, someone can do the exact numbers, but the point is that just looking at how many image frames there are for core game graphics verses having all of the national flags graphics, you've now overshadowed the core graphics library with just flags. Flags that aren't that important in game play.

Best I can see is to just have static flags or banners, which would cut the frame count tremendously, and could allow some form of national flags to be put in game; but as they are, flapping in the wind, it just seems silly to bloat the graphics library with it. Lag? moot point for most devices. Server Lag? Not how things work. Too big to be put on most devices? Moot point with current devices usually being used.

So it boils down to optimal app size and organization, which still is important. If you want to make whoever does your app uploading to customers happy with you, an app that isn't bloated with unnecessary stuff will help reduce download traffic.

Our Solution
    *This solution was created by multiple forum users on my last thread, which I will link at the bottom.

We currently have 3 solutions

1. SC will remove ALL national flags and will not any new ones. SC will give everyone a FULL refund of their 100k they spent.
    2. No new flags will be purchasable via shop. Those with a flag get to keep theirs.
    OR
    3. (MY personal favorite) Town halls 7 and below will have a flag hanging from their roof above the door. At town halls 8+, the town halls will have a flag (painted?) on their roof. (You can have 1 flag on the roof, and a 2nd one above the door - maximum of 2) The catch is that these flags will not have movements - they will be static - as a result the graphic library won't have an overload (Your welcome Warren )

There is a little Finnish (Is that right?) flag in the corner to represent being able to change the flag on the town hall.

OR

Many forum users know where I am coming from - many have also done their own trial posts, so I think I speak for all when I say

Supercell, remove national flags and/or implement this idea.

Old Thread (link is to the brainstorming of this idea):
    http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...21%21%21/page3

Last note: When you respond, don't be like this guy

"They don't NEED to do anything. Next time, don't think about just YOUR OWN puny annoyances and think about others for a change"

Yes, I got a reply like that on my old thread.

Photos provided by:
    Arthur007

Make sure to 5 star the thread!
    Last edited by Kowalski711; July 4th, 2015 at 12:40 PM.

Fan Club|Ideas|Sticky W/ Reasons|About Me|Clan Troop Bank
    Quote Originally Posted by ztb29 View Post
    Nuke has killer in his name while Kowalski is a killer of ideas in IFR...
    Quote Originally Posted by iPromise View Post
    [You're famous for being] That guy who was once a GASP, but now just floats around dropping his minion poo on poo ideas in Ideas & Feature Requests.

Added links to recent flag requests.
    Added photos
    Last edited by Kowalski711; April 24th, 2015 at 07:38 PM.

[You're famous for being] That guy who was once a GASP, but now just floats around dropping his minion poo on poo ideas in Ideas & Feature Requests.

Ok, this thread is now open for discussion - I will try and keep this updated
    Last edited by Kowalski711; May 27th, 2015 at 12:35 PM.

Leading the Water Division of the Illuminati (Theres too much)
    Haha I think it was one of the Fanboy accounts who left that rude message? Don't listen to him, he's just a guy with nothing better to do than make more and more accounts lol.

I love this idea though, at best, only including a couple flags is rude, at worst, its a form of discrimination. I've always thought they should just take the feature out.
    Stats: Level 104|Mid Town Hall 9| 42k FiN | 290m GG | 280 EE | 200 War Stars | Wall-Hater
    Clan: ClashPub | Mature Adult who gets worked up over wars way too much |

As I was part of the brainstorming, I voted number three, it is the closest to what I would like to see and it's on the same wavelength.

Quote Originally Posted by SirVargan View Post
    Haha I think it was one of the Fanboy accounts who left that rude message? Don't listen to him, he's just a guy with nothing better to do than make more and more accounts lol.

I love this idea though, at best, only including a couple flags is rude, at worst, its a form of discrimination. I've always thought they should just take the feature out.
    I agree - its also annoying seeing requests for something that isn't going to ever happen.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAwesome View Post
    As I was part of the brainstorming, I voted number three, it is the closest to what I would like to see and it's on the same wavelength.
    Great! I'm working on getting some photos for the idea.

Banned
    Love how you added my research into it!

I have an additional idea that me and Warren had discussed previously (well a few ideas.)

One flag of your choice that represents your country. You. Can change this similar to how you change the clan emblems and would look like that. Of course that would add a vast number so I didn't really agree with Warren on this but it's possible.

Replace them with generic ones (some are found in my version of remove the flags.) such as a troop, a clan flag, or even food related (preferable sandwiches and bacon.)

Give users a 3 days period to where they can sell their flags (one flag actually sells for 10%.) for a full limited time offer of a 100% refund. Then remove all flags.

A badge on the townhall with a flag of your language region (yep only need a few of those.)
    Last edited by Drackos; April 24th, 2015 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GanjaSandwich View Post
    Love how you added my research into it!

I have an additional idea that me and Warren had discussed previously (well a few ideas.)

One flag of your choice that represents your country. You. Can change this similar to how you change the clan emblems and would look like that. Of course that would add a vast number so I didn't really agree with Warren on this but it's possible.

Replace them with generic ones (some are found in my version of remove the flags.) such as a troop, a clan flag, or even food related (preferable sandwiches and bacon.)

Give users a 3 days period to where they can sell their flags (one flag actually sells for 10%.) for a full limited time offer of a 100% refund. Then remove all flags.

A badge on the townhall with a flag of your language region (yep only need a few of those.)
    Great - actually just got some photos

Banned
    Just saw the photos. Brilliant! Love the flag on the side.

MERICA!!!!
    Last edited by Drackos; April 25th, 2015 at 11:41 PM.