Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stages of a TH9 War Base Builder

Stages of a TH9 War Base Builder

Stages of TH9 War Base Builder

This is a page for where you can assess where in the development of your base design you are currently at. Most of these stages are subjective and could happen at the same time, could skip some points, but generally I do feel like this is the stages of which base builders have to go through in order to perfect the craft of developing a 'strong' war base.

I was going to put some short clip images into this page, and maybe link some of those bases I see at different stage, but clip image is annoying and posting different bases here would be rude to the creator. But I will tell the story of how metaki happened ^^.

Please note that even though some bases might be at different stages compared to another, that doesn't mean that the base is "not well made" or "bad". It's just that the target audience/the mentality of how the base was directed towards is at different stages and or a new 'era' has made it so the previously good base, turn bad. The once strong Baconmaker soon got phased out because of the introduction of Holowiwi. The now strong anti-3 star bases, are getting pounced on by the CB/Shattered Lavaloon. It's just the new cycle of development between Base builders and base attackers. Most of the time, there are only a few good base builders that know what they are doing, and even fewer amount of base builder are will to share their secret. There are so many guides on how to attack which attacking has progressed more leaps and bounds compared to the base builders who are scattered about.

So here is a small little thread that you can track your progress/the bases you accounter and see where they are at. I probably would make a better [How to Identify which Stage the Base is At] guide using this as the rough copy later on.

I'm just making this page as teaser for my [20 grid - Concept] that I will be releasing on April 22 to show my advancement on the [Next Stage] of meta bases. Please look forward to it

My website: akiyume.weebly.com

Link to my Website's Page on [Stages of a TH9 War Base Builder]
    http://akiyume.weebly.com/stages-of-...e-builder.html

UPDATES:
    April 18, 2015
    Created this page

THE START

Please keep in mind this is the Stages of a TH9 war base builder. This 'start' is the start of the TH9, not the same as the end of TH8. There are different steps which TH7-8s have which could make this happen alot quicker.I could make a "Stages of a TH7-8" in the in the future, but don't feel like touching TH8 topic since it would be all just conceptual not full on experience.

This is what I call the "2 Star Era", pre-holo/surgerical loon.

Symmetrical and Balanced with Town Hall in the Center

This comes from the experience of buildings farm bases, copying other people's designs and having that mentality of "Town Hall = stars," and giving out stars is bad. With this drilled into the minds of members, they start to make the bases centralizing the Town Hall, and expanding outwards to protect the Town Hall. Naturally, also due to the fact that there are 3 of everything, most bases are either trying to create a triangle shape, or make things circular revolving around the Town Hall. After applying most logic of placing things like xbows and ADs at the correct 'coverage' most bases would be completely done and symmetrical.

Clan Castle is sticking out so you push defenses outside

After being in a couple of wars, most people would start to tell you "always lure clan castle troops, they are trouble," and you notice your base has alot of holes to them and places where enemys can easily lure out your clan castle troops with a giant. You then start to reorganize your base by either spreading out your defenses even more, or you put a cannon/archer tower outside of the walls so that the perimeter of the clan castle radius don't reach out.

You realize centering Clan Castle is better

Now after a few more tries, you see that people are still being able to lure your clan castle by killing the exposed building with hogs and enter in. Also the fact that you are sacrificing too much of your base just for clan castle, and your base is losing out on the precious DPS. You then notice other base designs with centralized clan castle, so now you also try to centralizing your clan castle as much as possible (but still maybe have that Town Hall being centered as well mentality). From the Clan Castle outward, you expand from the clan castle as the center, and outward, while still maintaining the 'balance' of trying to cover everything properly. This is where most bases such as [The General] and [Baconmaker] originate from.

-----

This is where majority of base design users of the 2 star clans (so about 90% of the population), are currently at.

You notice that symmetrical bases aren't good

After experienced the uphill battle against smarter attackers that use things such as Holowiwi, surgical loons, or breaking your base part by part, you realize that having a perfectly symmetrical base isn't a good thing, but actually a bad thing. A straight forward base that is easy to balance is equal to a straight forward attacker that is able to beat the balance. You start to feel like a symmetrical base isn't the best base to build, and you try to find other ways of building a new base.

Your mindset now has entered the next stage, the 'Anti-3 Star' base building.

ANTI-3 STAR TERRITORY

Now congratulations, you have now advanced into anti-3 star/ meta-base territory where keeping up and defending against the trend is important. The base that is being designed now will no longer try to protect the Town Hall as the goal and the mentality of "Protect the Town Hall" will now evolve into a Chariza-, I mean, evolve into a "protect your base" type of thinking.

This is where I started my first adventure to be a pokemon mast-, I mean, my first adventures and attempts to create an anti-3 star bases, where my [Metaki Series] starts from.

You start to pick up on Air Defense/Double Giant bomb/Xbow over Town Hall.

Starting from the beginning, you still realize that Clan castle being in the center is important, but now you have lost the mentality of giving the town hall any respect. Starting with Clan Castle at the center, you know that xbows and ADs are the beginning stages and begin to circle around the clan castle design. You pick up techniques of putting the Double Giant bomb between these areas are actually beneficial so you incorperate this idea into your base. Also by now you should have in mind how Holowiwi breaks down those with too tucked in Air defense so you make it balanced around the base. Now it's all about personal taste on how to make the outside wizard/arch/cannons suit your Air defense/Xbow/Queen placement.

This is where my Metaki Series #1 happened .

You start to learn the Point Defenses and start creating better sections/+ protect the DGB

You get the hang of making the base to accommodate the AD, Xbow and Queen locations, and now you are learning how to seal the deal on the outside areas. Your perimeters for base building still has holes for where enemies can lure out your troops so you try to patch it up by learning how to pair defenses. Your wall usage has now sharply decline in wasteful areas and you learned how to close off your section better. The random sections that used too much walls, or the section that was too big now have a better balance.

Extra note: This is for a minority of base builders who start to learn how to path hogs. Some discover the fact that placing some point defenses at certain locations can actually be bad and hogs will trigger at the wrong time. You start to learn how to shift point defenses maybe an extra 1-2 tiles away and it fixes the problem.

This is where I started to create my [Base Break Down - Guide to 3 Star Meta-TH9 War Base [Creation and Dissection]

Your clan castle is now difficult to lure
    After perfecting the craft of making the point defenses work with the Air defenses, and sectioning it well, you now have understanding on the perimeters of the clan castle building and can make it so that it's difficult to lure. Your sections can be put to make luring almost impossible, and your base is protected sectionally and coverage is good but also asymmetrical.

-----

This is where about 5-8% of the population (estimate ) for those that want to become elite/hardcore/3 star clans build towards.
    This is where everyone mostly stops at for meta-bases. My First Generation of [Metaki Series] stopped right here once it got to the point where Queen kill + lavaloon can beat the base.

You notice that your Queen and 4th Air defense gets targetted

Now you are at the point where your meta base works really well, but the 'new' attack strategy of CB/Shattered Lavaloon are the new ways of dealing with these anti-3 star bases. Your Queen always gets targetted and your 4th AD always gets crushed.

THE NEXT STAGE

This is where mostly me [Second Gen: Metaki Series -TH9 Anti-Lavaloon Concepts], Tomaster [Project Solar Wind] and Godll [9.5 Shattered Stronghold] are at. There may be more youtubers out there at this stage of base building but I don't really know much.

These next "steps" are the next focus of making the Meta Bases better, and are all at the points that needs to be addressed against CB/Shattered Lavaloon, so it's not really 'stages' but 'areas of focus' that most anti-3 stars need to look at now.

Here is a discussion about building an anti-lavaloon http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...LaLoon-Defense

You move your wizard towers away from the AD

Wizard Towers are the loons worse enemies, and the current meta bases have the wizard Towers beside the Air defense, being distracted by the Hound, thus negating any focus towards the loons. Having the wizard tower away from the AD gives the anti air buildings a chance to fight back instead of being distracted by the hound. It's difficult to do because Wizard tower and AD's radius clashes with each other. This is the more targetting against the Loons aspect of the Lavaloon attack.

Make your base fit for the Queen

This is purely subjective, but I think most of those that are at this stage agree that using the Town Hall as a shield against enemy heroes is the best option, as it has a high HP, stalls for time, and takes up alot of space and influence on enemy hero AI. The base that used to revolve around the sections and clan castle, now slightly shifts to the Archer Queen's role. You know that they are going to aim for that Queen and 4th Air Defense, so make it hard on them to do it. This is targetting the enemy heroes and absorbing more time as the golem gets wittled away.

Moving your ADs Arounds

This is a different area of focus that I feel needs to be touched up alot more in the future (will talk about in Metaki #6 Ovaki). Since you know that the 4th AD will be takened down along with queen, giving the remaining 3 AD a stronger focus so that they don't need to depend on the 4th AD would be the best action. This is where the idea of having it looked 3 in a row, or compressed comes back into play, and has to balance well with the wizard tower area.

I have welcomed a few crafts and concepts to combat both these areas in my next Metaki Series #6 - Ovaki, so stay tuned to it.
    Last edited by akiyume; April 19th, 2015 at 06:20 AM.

Forum Elder
    other cool things you learn later on.

Use XBow as a tank for 2 wiz towers and or group/centralize wiz towers.

place SAMs and Teslas AWAY from your ADs and on to point defenses to pick off loons

group air bombs in 2-4 as a loon trap or place in way of pup radius.

Been playing around with off set ADs and centralized cannons as well (shattered stopper). Then last night I had a crazy idea of going waaaaaaay back and centralizing ADs again (but maybe only 2) and use wiz tower grouping/XBow tank plus SAMs and air bombs to stop a possible HoLo. (Spring traps in and around ADs to prevent VaLo)..... I dunno sometimes base design hurts my brain, especially when you try and consider all aspects of all the hybrid attacks out there

Down under with my vegemite sandwich... JK I hate vegemite XD
    Second!! Awesome guide, akiyume!! Very interesting and helpful!
    Last edited by Lootenant; April 19th, 2015 at 01:03 AM.
    IGN: Lootenant Forbe
    TH9|Level 106
    sir clans a lot

Quote Originally Posted by 3lorian View Post
    other cool things you learn later on.

place SAMs and Teslas AWAY from your ADs and on to point defenses to pick off loons

group air bombs in 2-4 as a loon trap or place in way of pup radius.

Been playing around with off set ADs and centralized cannons as well (shattered stopper). Then last night I had a crazy idea of going waaaaaaay back and centralizing ADs again (but maybe only 2) and use wiz tower grouping/XBow tank plus SAMs and air bombs to stop a possible HoLo. (Spring traps in and around ADs to prevent VaLo)..... I dunno sometimes base design hurts my brain, especially when you try and consider all aspects of all the hybrid attacks out there

This I did not know. I did think that pairing Xbow's single target + wizard tower would benefit though (if you look at my Metaki #5). Also the fact that xbows would be better with being on the same side as the Queen Kill, so it can wittle down the Golem as the time goes on

I had the same mentality for that about placing SAM away from ADs to pick off Loons, but afterwards, I find it's actually more beneficial to double SAM the ADs to kill the Lavas faster than to target the loons. Thanks for reminding me.

Teslas I feel is a grey zone tbh, I have my own views on what they can do, but the points you said is true.
    Last edited by akiyume; April 19th, 2015 at 01:01 AM.

AW-AW-AW-AWESOME! This is a really good guide, now for me to create one for TH9 farming will be 10x more difficult

Quote Originally Posted by Lootenant View Post
    Second!! Awesome guide, akiyume!! Very interesting and helpful!
    Thanks ^^

Quote Originally Posted by UltraDragonMaster View Post
    AW-AW-AW-AWESOME! This is a really good guide, now for me to create one for TH9 farming will be 10x more difficult
    Thanks, I haven't touch farming aspect of bases since it's not my territory, but I'll be glad to read up yours once you post it. Also I feel like I'm going to make a more in-depth [Website Exclusive - Stages of a TH9 War Base Builder] Version of this guide with points to highlight the findings of [The Next Stage] :P

Very nice and informative guide yet again Akiyume.

However, I was interested in a part about the compacted Air Defense formation. By this, do you mean the T-Placement (as shown in my LaLoon Theory Guide)? However, instead of moving queen away from all, put it near the end of the T's air defense and then force that to be taken while the line resists and is left standing?

Retired Clash of Clans Base Designer | TH9 Base Design Compilation
    Brawl Stars: 45000 Trophies Combined

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    Very nice and informative guide yet again Akiyume.

However, I was interested in a part about the compacted Air Defense formation. By this, do you mean the T-Placement (as shown in my LaLoon Theory Guide)? However, instead of moving queen away from all, put it near the end of the T's air defense and then force that to be taken while the line resists and is left standing?
    Yup, that's basically what I feel like is correct for now. Want a sneak peak of my Metaki #6? It follows this idea also other areas of focus.

Quote Originally Posted by akiyume View Post
    Yup, that's basically what I feel like is correct for now. Want a sneak peak of my Metaki #6? It follows this idea also other areas of focus.
    Gladly. I can also send you a sneak peek for my war base which I plan on releasing (maybe). The work you and Tom have done for war community is amazing, so keep it up

Retired Clash of Clans Base Designer | TH9 Base Design Compilation
    Brawl Stars: 45000 Trophies Combined