Thread: Early TH9 - 3 Star Clan Wars army comp?

Early TH9 - 3 Star Clan Wars army comp?

I'm a very fresh TH9 and my current army comp is typically a GoWiPE using:

2x Lv1 Golems, 3-4 Lv3 Pekkas, 6-8 Lv5 WB, and the rest Lv5 Wiz with wizards or WB's in CC.

I have:

Lv1: Golems, Minions, Hogs, Valks
    Barb: Lv6
    Arch: Lv5
    Wiz: Lv5
    Giants: Lv5
    Balloon: Lv5
    Gob: Lv5
    Wallbreaker: Lv5
    Healer: Lv3
    Dragon: Lv3
    Pekka: Lv3
    Max Rage, Lv5 Lightning and Heal, Lv1 Jump.
    Lv10 King and 3 Queen.

No one in my clan has higher golems or really anything else to bring in CC.

I'm debating what to upgrade next as I'm starting to hate gowipe due to AI and wondering if I should use GoWiwi, but with the price of upgrading golems I'm starting to lean towards Loonion or Lavaloon. Hogs seem great too but they are costly as well to upgrade.

Since my Loons are only 1 upgrade from max, it seems like a great choice, with the rest of my elixir going towards upgrading barracks to get to hounds asap and upgrading minions in the meantime with DE. But I'm not sure if getting hogs up first is a better choice of DE spending.

One of the pros of upgrading minions is for BAM farming as well which would increase my farm as I use Barch now.

Thanks for any advice.
    Last edited by Boyiee; April 16th, 2015 at 09:11 PM.

As of right now, I'm saying you should stick with GoWiPe or use Mass Drags on high level TH8s. You don't really have any other options. Here's a good list of future ones though that you can look up.

-HoLoWiWi: Requires Lvl 4-5 hogs, Lvl 6 Loons, Wizards and Witches (Lvl 1 is good). With this strategy there isn't a big need to lure out cc as witches usually do a good job of that
    -GoHoWiWi: Requires a good lvl golem (Lvl 1 won't do), Lvl 4-5 hogs, wizards and witches. The GoWiWi in this can take out the queen and double giant bomb locations making hogs extremely effective
    -GoLoWiWi: Similar to GoHoWiWi, but golem takes out AD instead.
    -LavLoonion/PentaLoonion: Requires Lava Hounds (any level), lvl 6 loons and good lvl minions (not too many). Look up some videos from OneHive or something for this.
    -GoWiWi: Witches, Wizards and golem. An easier GoHoWiWi without the need for hogs. Often a 2 star attack strategy.

So as you can see, your biggest upgrade concern is the Dark troops, specifically hogs and golems. Get witches ASAP and Lvl 6 Loons as well since they are versatile as donation troops for TH8 draggers and in other strategies. If you're having troubles getting DE, then try GiBarch in crystal or just Barch in Gold.
    Clan: Annihil-8 Lvl. 5 [#99QGU82L]
    IGN: Staniel
    Exp Lvl. 107 TH 9

Recruitment Page: http://bit.do/family-8

For now, hogs and golems are my best bet. You can hold off on lava hound upgrade because the with lavloonion, you often want the lava hound to have low enough health to burst into lava pups. If they don't turn into lava pups when defences are all down then clean up will be ridiculously impossible and you'll end up with 1/2 stars
    Clan: Annihil-8 Lvl. 5 [#99QGU82L]
    IGN: Staniel
    Exp Lvl. 107 TH 9

Recruitment Page: http://bit.do/family-8

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by stanthepianoman View Post
    For now, hogs and golems are my best bet. You can hold off on lava hound upgrade because the with lavloonion, you often want the lava hound to have low enough health to burst into lava pups. If they don't turn into lava pups when defences are all down then clean up will be ridiculously impossible and you'll end up with 1/2 stars
    I wouldn't go hogs from lvl 1. Upgrading them to lvl 5 where they are good vs th9 would take ~44 days. In 17 he could get lavahounds and be done lvl6 loons by then giving him a solid 3 star strategy.

Another option is to use a gowiwi or gowipe attack with back end loons (much better to have max loons for this) which can help turn a 2 star strat into a 3 star strat.
    Clan:Port and Cheese
    TH9 Lvl 100
    Recruitment Thread

Level 6 balloon is good. Get your lava hound.
    Clan Wars Assist: Easy way to earn free gems and manage your clan.

Banned
    With your current troop levels your best option is LoGoWiPe. However as others have said, hounds are the next step. Once you get them, watch my penta guide and 3 star every attack.