Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Derby checkpoints

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rackoo View Post
    I'm in a bigger hood, but this got me curious and I did my calculations. So, if a player is highly competitive, they could be doing 5+1 tasks (including the 10 diamond extra task), all for 320 horseshoes. That would mean that the maximum possible achievement for 1 person in a derby is 1920 horseshoes. For a hood of 2 players that's 3840 horseshoes max for a derby.
    Now, according to this thread http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...he-Derby-Guide (2nd message) the 5th checkpoint for a 2 players hood is at 4100 horseshoes. NOT ACHIEVEABLE, NOT EVEN WITH THE 6TH TASK AND ALL 320 HORSESHOES TASKS. The same is true for a 1 player hood. Starting with 3 players, the 5th checkpoint is becoming more and more realistic.

In my hood we only work on 250+ tasks, with preference given to 290+ tasks, no extra tasks (unless someone is extremely willing to spend their 10 diamonds - never happened). 25 players, all active. Never had any problems reaching the 5th checkpoint by the 5th day or so. The situation (described above) with 1 or 2 player hoods looks NOT FAIR at all, since they don't stand any chance of winning those prizes. If I were in this situation, I'd try to join a bigger hood, although that decision should not be forced on anyone like this.
    Correct.

My NH of 2 never once reached the 5th checkpoint. As u pointed out, doing 12 tasks at 320 each puts us at 3840, still short of 4000 pts needed for the 5th checkpoint.

People are saying that SC is trying to encourage us to join a bigger hood. We don't know that for sure. I personally think SC messed up on the calculation.

It really isn't that big of a deal cuz the prizes aren't that great but they do add up. That 5th checkpoint may contain a BEM I desperately need to expand or those saws I'm looking for to chop down those trees. It needs to be looked into, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Haystacker View Post
    Correct.

My NH of 2 never once reached the 5th checkpoint. As u pointed out, doing 12 tasks at 320 each puts us at 3840, still short of 4000 pts needed for the 5th checkpoint.

People are saying that SC is trying to encourage us to join a bigger hood. We don't know that for sure. I personally think SC messed up on the calculation.

It really isn't that big of a deal cuz the prizes aren't that great but they do add up. That 5th checkpoint may contain a BEM I desperately need to expand or those saws I'm looking for to chop down those trees. It needs to be looked into, IMO.
    I agree. It needs to be possible; difficult, but possible. That would still encourage larger NHs since doing the highest point tasks plus the paid one would get old after a while. That's of course if that is what they are trying to do. If that's not the aim then it should be possible with five tasks. But that's just my opinion.

GC: Tiggerr Two #2RQR90QG | Lvl: 131​ | NH:dis FUNtional
    Turbo Trucker Help and Guide | HD Guide Book- | New People Tips
    Main Topic guide

Thanks to Red (again) for the picture !!

Millennial Club
    Correct.

I am curious to see if the next derby (the first one post-update) will move the checkpoints. I think that would be a fairly good indicator for whether SC believes they messed up on the calculation.
    GC: Snoopy Lane
    Level: 159; Town: 60; Barn: 5900; Silo: 6250
    Still to go: 5 achievements, 10 permits, 65 puzzle pieces, 37 fish, 1 machine mastery

26 in our hood 14900 points for the fifth checkpoint. But we hit it within 3-4 days easy to hit when all participate.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181

...My NH of 2 never once reached the 5th checkpoint. As u pointed out, doing 12 tasks at 320 each puts us at 3840, still short of 4000 pts needed for the 5th checkpoint.

For the current derby, my hood of 28 reached the 5th horseshoe (15,350 pts) with 36hrs left in the derby. The leader and coleader were dumping tasks worth less than 200 points.

In last week's derby, a glitch prevented me from claiming the prizes from the 5th horseshoe so I'm hoping I'll be able to claim the current 5th horseshoe prizes which are 2 land deeds. May the Force be with me!
    What the hell?
    The L bunny is elusive as the Scarlet Pimpernel.
    Yet many farms heard recently the toll of the bell.
    Thank you so much sweet Supercell.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cussion-Thread