View Poll Results: Do YOU want this troop in the game?

Voters
276. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

179 64.86%
  • Yes - but with changes (post which changes)

45 16.30%
  • No (post why)

52 18.84%
Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Knight - NEW Dark Troop!

Forum Veteran TheOneTheyCallSmasher's Avatar

The Knight - NEW Dark Troop!

↓ Credit to AnthonyVince for making this picture ↓

Quote Originally Posted by Nicktheflick View Post
    I love this idea #NextVolcanoMage

This mighty warrior's shiny armour reflects damage done to it, right back on to its enemies!

Well I think I should first thank a few people. These guys helped me make this troop work :

jonnguy2014
    icey567
    AnthonyVince
    Jamesf01
    NuclearKiller42

And, surprisingly, 3 people on global who helped me with the stats. No seriously :

crush - LEANGDRY BOYS 3
    saint john - the ballers
    IrishDumplin - InvisibleEmpire

NOTE: The global people have given me permission to mention them here

NOTE2: Clans are as of April 8 2015

OK then, so let's get started on the troop:

The Knight

Alternative Names: Mirror Knight (Antdroid)

Sound OP? Well I've tried to balance it with the stats

Stats

Level DPS HP Reflection (%) Cost (DE) Upgrade Cost Upgrade Time Laboratory Level Required
    1 90 1200 25 400 N/A N/A N/A
    2 100 1300 30 450 80,000 12 Days 8
    3 120 1500 35 550 100,000 14 Days 8

Constant stats:

Favourite Target Attack Type Attack Targets Housing Space Training Time Movement Speed Attack Rate Range Dark Barracks Level Required
    Defences (also does 2x Damage and Reflection to Xbows) Single Target (and Reflection) Ground (Reflection works on air too) 20 30 minutes 16 2 seconds 0.6 tiles 7

This troop will be unlocked in Dark Barracks Level 7, which will cost 4,250,000 elixir and 10 days to upgrade.

Core Idea

Now, you may be thinking, what is this "Reflection"?

Well, that is this troop's special ability!

When attacked by a defence/enemy troop, this troop inflicts some of the damage on the defence, reducing the damage it takes too! Example:

Mortar attacks troop with 100 damage (100 to make calculations easier)

Mortar loses x% of 100, suppose it's 10% = 10 HP

Troop loses 100-x% of 100 = 90 HP

Now, you may be thinking, what if there are 10 of these all bunched up, and a mortar (or any splash defence/troop) does 100 damage to all of them in one shot? Does the mortar lose 100 HP?! The answer is yes, the mortar loses 10 HP from each Knight, so in this case, 100 HP.

NOTE: Because the Knight's shield is made of metal, it cannot reflect the lightning bolts of a Hidden Tesla! It also cannot reflect the damage of a bomb (for obvious reasons) so it takes the full damage of these traps!

Graphics

Appearance Changes

✔At Level 1, this troop looks similar to the picture at the top of this thread. The only difference is that instead of holding that axe thing, it will hold a sword and shield.

✔At Level 2, the Knight's red thing on its helmet will be red, orange and yellow, the colours of fire. Also, his shield will be a darker shade of grey.

✔At Level 3, the Knight's armour will become a darker shade of grey, and his shield will be black. His eyes will glow red.

✔Artwork would be greatly appreciated!

Strategies

Now let's see how this troop will affect the game.

Attacking Strategies

✔Never send in only one of this troop! One Knight cannot take out a defence on it's own; send it two or three together to share out the damage and reflect more damage!

✔Don't tank this troop - make this troop the tank! Always send in this troop first; remember, we want the troop to get attacked, we want to utilise the Reflection.

✔Send in this troop backed with a Healer/Heal Spell and optionally, an Evergreen Spell (if it is added); giving the troop more HP means more HP there to be reflected.

✔Use the Knight with other troops that can attack multiple buildings at once, such as Valkyries and Volcano Mages (if they are added).

✔Remember that raging this troop will NOT increase its reflection percentage!

✔Look out for Bomb and Tesla placements; these traps drain the HP of a Knight without letting it use its Reflection!

✔When an Inferno Tower or Xbow attacks the Knight, use the Inferno Spell or Drought Spell (if the two spells are added)to utilise the big Reflection!

Army Compositions

✔KnBarch (Knights + Barbarians + Archers) - FARM - Send in one or two Knights, with 40-50 Barbarians and Archers behind them, and do the same on another side. Send in your heroes and you could even get the town hall!

✔GoWiKn (Golems + Wizards/Witches + Knights) (pronounced GoWin) - WAR - Very similar to the GoWiPe attack, except you have Knights rather than Pekkas! The Knights help the Golems by weakening the defences, so Golems can finish them off easily. Wizards/Witches and Heroes do the rest!

✔KnArch (Knights + Archers) - FARM - Same as KnBarch but with 80-100 Archers instead of 40-50 Barbarians and Archers.

✔KnHoWi (Knights + Hog Riders + Wizards) - WAR - As the Hog Riders rush ahead to attack defences rub inside the base, the Knights can attack the same defences as the Hog Riders with their Reflection!

✔Mirror Mage Rush (Volcano Mages + Knights) - WAR - I'm sure you would have heard of the Volcano Mage . Well it works quite well with Knights! The Knight will act as an up-front unit and a tank for the Volcano Mages. The Volcano Mages will also help the Knight's reflection ability and its immense damage by increasing the damage taken by multiple buildings!

✔Add Healers to any of these armies to make the attack even more powerful!

Defensive Strategies

✔Well keep your splash damage centralised! That's the main point, really. Let your point defences take these troops out.

✔Utilise your traps! Knights can't reflect damage onto Bombs and Giant Bombs! Waste their HP by blowing them up!

✔Cleverly place your Hidden Teslas too! Knights cannot reflect the damage of a Hidden Tesla; drain their HP with the Hidden Tesla's powerful bolts of electricity!

Defending From The Clan Castle

✔This troop is very good in defence. Most troops that attack it die of reflection after a few hits.

✔To kill this troop, NEVER use wizards, archers, goblins or hog riders. The best troop to counter the knight is the Valkyrie, but barbarians would do too. This is because of their DPS:HP ratio.

✔Use a Poison or Lightning Spell! The Knight cannot reflect damage onto spells, and Poison Spells do extra damage to Knights!

Commercial Idea

SCENE: Battle going on, army with range of troops running towards a base. A Knight is running towards a base. He looks back and sees a Healer healing him. The healing ray bounces back to the Healer and they both nod.

Knight: ONWARDS!

The army keeps running, shouting war cries.

An Archer Tower sees the Knight and an Archer shoots an arrow at him. He catches it and throws it back, and the Archer Tower collapses.

An Inferno Tower fires its fire bolt at the Knight, but the Knight reflects it with his shield, and it hits the Inferno's "head", which blows up.

An Xbow fires many arrows at the Knight, all of which bounce off him and get shot back on to the Xbow, eventually blowing it up.

In a Wizard Tower, the Wizard's jaw drops (not literally).

You and This Army screen comes up.

Trivia

✔ The Knight's shiny armour represents its Reflection ability.
    ✔A maximum of 11 Knights can fit in a set of maxed army camps, increasing to 12 if you count the 1 that can fit in a maxed Clan Castle.
    ✔A rage spell will increase the Knight's DPS, but not its reflection percentage.

And now for the:

FAQ

Why is this a ground troop?
    Well, the main thing I had to see while making the stats of this troop was the various defences' DPS:HP ratio. Air defences have a very high DPS compared to their HP, and would have both demolished the troop, and also would have been wrecked by the Reflection.

Why the Knight?
    Well the original name was the Mirror (suggested by jonnguy2014). But that was a bit unrealistic, so in the end we decided to have a knight, with "mirror-like" armour

Isn't this just a P.E.K.K.A.?
    No. No it's not. It has a lower HP and a lower DPS, and it has reflection.

What if there are no defences left?
    When there are no defences still alive, the Knight cannot reflect any damage. But don't worry! The Knight still has some DPS, to attack buildings on it's own.

FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Buttermink View Post
    Not too bad Smasher. This actually is not a half bad idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeycoal View Post
    I really like this idea! I love how it makes healers revelant again. Overall great idea, I hope Supercell thinks so too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesf01 View Post
    I think that it looks pretty good now. The Damage and the Health isn't too bad and the Special Ability makes it really Unique and different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmin1999 View Post
    Really smart idea. The special ability is really cool too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowkungfu View Post
    I like the idea, reminds me of the Hades Armor item in Heroes of Order and Chaos.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheForgottenSoul View Post
    I voted Yes, I would very much like this troop in the game.
    Here is how you can help! I'd love to hear your comments, opinions, suggestions, and questions as I can always improve upon this idea. Here are some things that would be great to comment on:

✔ Suggestions to make this troop more balanced
    ✔ Ideas you have for strategies this could enable
    ✔ Ideas you have for setting up your base to defend from this unit
    ✔ Description suggestions
    ✔ Questions about how this troop works
    ✔ Explain why you don't like this troop, or even why you do

Well I hope you liked this troop idea, as I've been working at it for at least a week! If you like the idea, be sure to reply! Well reply anyway

Thanks!
    Last edited by TheOneTheyCallSmasher; August 23rd, 2015 at 07:03 PM.

Credit to Sou for this sig!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneTheyCallSmasher View Post
    Surely there aren't 4 ways to die in this game
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown3356 View Post
    Whatever helps you sleep at night Smasher. Whatever helps you sleep at night

FORUM GHOSTS EXIST
    All of my ideas, in one smashing post!
    Wow I actually have extra space in my sig for once...
    This guy actually has 250k profile visits
    Click here

Updates:

13 Apr
    ✔HP Buff
    ✔Added why it's called "The Knight"

14 Apr
    ✔Balancing
    ✔HP and DPS Boost
    ✔Decreased reflection %

15 Apr
    ✔DPS Boost

16 Apr
    ✔Reflection nerf

17 Apr
    ✔HP boost

18 Apr
    ✔Decreased Housing Space
    ✔HP and Housing Space halved
    ✔HP increased again

19 Apr
    ✔HP decreased () and Reflection increased

20 Apr
    ✔Reflection nerf

21 Apr
    ✔Reflection buff

22 Apr
    ✔Reflection nerf

23 Apr
    ✔HP boost

24 Apr
    ✔DPS nerf
    ✔Reflection buff

25 Apr
    ✔DPS boost
    ✔Added Trivia Section

8 May
    ✔Decreased Reflection %
    ✔Removed splash damage handicap

13 May
    ✔Increased Reflection %

16 Jun
    ✔Improved how the thread looks (inspired by AnthonyVince's Volcano Mage Thread)
    ✔Added more detail to strategies

21 Jun
    ✔Added reflection of healing

23 Jun
    ✔Decreased Speed and Range
    ✔Increased Housing Space and Training Time
    ✔Added 3x damage to Xbows
    ✔Increased Speed
    ✔Changed Xbow damage to 2x
    ✔Increased Reflection % and decreased DPS

30 Jun
    ✔Added appearance descriptions
    ✔Added an advert idea
    ✔Added an army composition featuring AnthonyVince's Volcano Mage

1 Jul
    ✔Teslas are now not affected by Reflection

20 Jul
    ✔Increased housing space to 21

23 Jul
    ✔Decreased HP

26 Jul
    ✔Poison Spells do 2 damage

21 Aug
    ✔Troop takes less damage (% based)
    ✔Level 3 Training Cost increased
    ✔Upgrade Costs increased at all levels
    ✔HP decreased at all levels
    ✔Housing Space decreased to 20
    ✔Poison Spells no longer do 2x damage
    Last edited by TheOneTheyCallSmasher; August 21st, 2015 at 03:59 PM.

FORUM GHOSTS EXIST
    Click here

One thing I don't get is how can a troop have certain amounts of damage if it just reflects damage back that it took from the defense? Wouldn't it be the same amount as it took from the defense?

And this kind of idea has actually been suggested before but it's not a bad idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by PRODlGY
    Time moves so fast. It's like yesterday it was 2015!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coloradokiwiboy
    I haven't showered since like.. last year

Quote Originally Posted by 4computer4 View Post
    I don't all ways talk to Alabama fans but when I do I ask for large fries...
    Anti-Feminist

The whole splash damage thing relative to the actual damage done to the troop may need some work but this is pretty good. I think this troop would need about 1500 to 2000 hitpoints or else it wouldn't really be useful and people would just use golems since they only take 5 more space than this. Either give it a health boost or lower camp space
    Last edited by GabeL; April 13th, 2015 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyVince View Post
    One thing I don't get is how can a troop have certain amounts of damage if it just reflects damage back that it took from the defense? Wouldn't it be the same amount as it took from the defense?

And this kind of idea has actually been suggested before but it's not a bad idea.
    The small damage is because otherwise, how can the knight attack non-defences?

Oh its been suggested? Well even if it has, I haven't seen it in a loooong time, and also I doubt its been suggested in this detail
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttermink View Post
    Thanks butter!
    Quote Originally Posted by GabeL View Post
    The whole splash damage thing relative to the actual damage done to the troop may need some work but this is pretty good. I think this troop would need about 1500 to 2000 hitpoints or else it wouldn't really be useful and people would just use golems since they only take 5 more space than this. Either give it a health boost or lower camp space
    I guess I'm kind of stuck in a slatemate

If I lower camp space, th6s will be able to use it.

If I increase HP, it may become too OP.

But I guess I can give it a bit of a buff

FORUM GHOSTS EXIST
    Click here

Ah makes sense but I'm not really sure how I feel on this idea still.

Ah makes sense but I'm not really sure how I feel on this idea still.
    Any reason why?

Anything need explaining?

FORUM GHOSTS EXIST
    Click here

Any reason why?

Anything need explaining?
    I'm just not sure. I'll try to explain it best I can, this might take a while.

Let's say you used this troop against a single-target Inferno Tower - he has a decent amount of hitpoints so the damage would get pretty high and he could help reflect this back. However, the single target IT would also destroy the Knight fairly easily because, for the same reason, he has a lot of hitpoints. A player might ask, is it worth this moderate amount of damage for just one attack?

This troop would also usually be ineffectual against Mortars - their range is so great that the Knight could not return the damage, not to mention the extremely low damage the Mortar deals, making it pointless anyway.

Scenario 3. You're against a level 4 X-Bow - the lowest damage dealing of all single target defenses at max level. The damage dealt back towards the X-Bow would be basically pointless, as the X Bow is also the strongest of all defenses.

Scenario 4. You're against a rushed base with tons of level 1 defenses. The damage dealt back toward them would be so insignificant and tiny, as they would do barely do any damage themselves. AND not mentioning that you don't even return the full amount of damage until level 3. So that would mean that when being attacked by a level 1 archer tower, the Knight would return a whopping 7.7 damage - that's not so much.

The only time this unit would be of any help would be when a) against a high-damaging defense (Single Target IT) That would kill him quickly anyway, or b) if the defender has high-level defenses, rendering the Knight useless once again. The housing space of 25 is ENORMOUS meaning no one would want to put this unit in their army camps because it is too much of a risk - is he going to be useless against level 1 defenses? Or is he going to be destroyed in a snap by high level defenses?

Hope you understand, and I think it helps to ask yourself: How would this play out if it were in the game? Would people use it? Why or why not? You have to be honest with yourself.

Listen, don't think I'm hating on your idea or even you for that matter, I just don't think this idea would quite work in the game

(Phew, that was a lot of typing )

I'm just not sure. I'll try to explain it best I can, this might take a while.

Let's say you used this troop against a single-target Inferno Tower - he has a decent amount of hitpoints so the damage would get pretty high and he could help reflect this back. However, the single target IT would also destroy the Knight fairly easily because, for the same reason, he has a lot of hitpoints. A player might ask, is it worth this moderate amount of damage for just one attack?

This troop would also usually be ineffectual against Mortars - their range is so great that the Knight could not return the damage, not to mention the extremely low damage the Mortar deals, making it pointless anyway.

Scenario 3. You're against a level 4 X-Bow - the lowest damage dealing of all single target defenses at max level. The damage dealt back towards the X-Bow would be basically pointless, as the X Bow is also the strongest of all defenses.

Scenario 4. You're against a rushed base with tons of level 1 defenses. The damage dealt back toward them would be so insignificant and tiny, as they would do barely do any damage themselves. AND not mentioning that you don't even return the full amount of damage until level 3. So that would mean that when being attacked by a level 1 archer tower, the Knight would return a whopping 7.7 damage - that's not so much.

The only time this unit would be of any help would be when a) against a high-damaging defense (Single Target IT) That would kill him quickly anyway, or b) if the defender has high-level defenses, rendering the Knight useless once again. The housing space of 25 is ENORMOUS meaning no one would want to put this unit in their army camps because it is too much of a risk - is he going to be useless against level 1 defenses? Or is he going to be destroyed in a snap by high level defenses?

Hope you understand, and I think it helps to ask yourself: How would this play out if it were in the game? Would people use it? Why or why not? You have to be honest with yourself.

Listen, don't think I'm hating on your idea or even you for that matter, I just don't think this idea would quite work in the game

(Phew, that was a lot of typing )
    Firstly, thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed post as feedback

You have a point, so what I've done is increased HP and DPS a little, and decreased the reflection % so it doesn't become too OP.

The reason I was refraining from bringing the housing space down to 20 or below was if I do, this troop will be able to be donated to lower town halls. And you can't fight this troop with lvl3 barbarians.

FORUM GHOSTS EXIST
    Click here