Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: [Th8] WAR BASE: Heavy Load - Anti {Three-Star/Mass Hog/Mass Drag/Gowipe}

  1. #1
    Senior Member SirVargan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Leading the Water Division of the Illuminati (Theres too much)
    Posts
    340

    Exclamation [Th8] WAR BASE: Heavy Load - Anti {Three-Star/Mass Hog/Mass Drag/Gowipe}

    HEAVY LOAD
    Th8 War Base




    Table of Contents:
    I - Introduction
    II - The Base
    III - Base Review
    IV - Pros & Cons
    V -Defense Logs / Replays
    VI - Conclusion


    Introduction:


    Hey, my names Sir Var, and I'll be your host Today I'll be taking you through what I think is one of the best war bases I've designed. It's specifically designed to stop three stars from overpowering strategies like Mass Dragon, Mass Hog, and to a lesser extent, GoWiPe. I designed this myself, although I admit I took inspiration from Clash With Cam's design. Great base man. Without further ado, lets get to the base!




    The Base:


    We'll get right to it. Here it is in its raw and purest form.




    Pretty spectacular huh?

    Base Review:
    There are a couple of things that make this base anti- what it is.



    One corner tesla will help prevent three stars from attacks like mass hogs, gowipe, and mass drags as these attacks usually run low on time. It also distracts hogs for longer than they need to be, helping Witt he time issue. Also, if luring clan catsle from that side, tesla will fry them.



    Very centered cc almost prevents luring it at all!!




    Double gb spot will get rid of hoggies, and turn a three star into a one star fail!





    Storages placed in front of Ad will hold up drags in front of the air defenses, allowing them to get pummelled relentlessly. Also makes drags from top go to the left and right instead. Have yet to be three starred by a th8 with drags. Th9s have trouble too!
    those are the main distinguishing features of this base!


    Variation 1: More optimally placed Dgb, more spots where it could be a.k.a les predictable



    Pros & Cons:


    Pros:
    Storages covering air defense
    Almost unlurable cc
    Dgb spot
    Corner Tesla
    Very good splash damage placement


    Cons:
    Point defenses along outside, base susceptible to AQ
    DGB not always triggered properly


    Thats all, looking for additions to both pros & cons ^^^




    Defence Logs/ Replays:
    Man, you shoud've seen how many good replays I had in the last two wars! Then a maintenance break sneaks up

    Sorry guys, I had tons of good logs. I'll have to add some, and I'm sure some community members might help me(or else)
    Again my sincerest apologies, but I assure you, this base worked very well, and I'll get some logs from the next few wars. - Thanks



    Conclusion:
    Thus ends this derpy base thread. Hopefully you guys won't be too off put by my first thread lol! Again, if some people could help me with adding logs to the thread, that would be GREAT! Any feedback would be great, and if you think it sucks, let me know! Thanks for reading my thread, and happy war-winning (Happy Clashing is way too mainstream)!


    -Sir Var
    Last edited by SirVargan; April 10th, 2015 at 11:36 PM.
    Stats: Level 104|Mid Town Hall 9| 42k FiN | 290m GG | 280 EE | 200 War Stars | Wall-Hater
    Clan: ClashPub | Mature Adult who gets worked up over wars way too much |

  2. #2
    Senior Member SirVargan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Leading the Water Division of the Illuminati (Theres too much)
    Posts
    340
    Reserved for future logs.
    Stats: Level 104|Mid Town Hall 9| 42k FiN | 290m GG | 280 EE | 200 War Stars | Wall-Hater
    Clan: ClashPub | Mature Adult who gets worked up over wars way too much |

  3. #3
    Pro Member Lootenant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Down under with my vegemite sandwich... JK I hate vegemite XD
    Posts
    533
    First off, nice base! Good work on the thread and I like the features showcase.
    Although I do not like the corner tesla as it makes the base weaker, with only 2 teslas.
    Also going over the con (in pros and cons) 'dgb not always triggered properly', it would explode one then another after they have the chance to place a heal.
    As with most mirror symmetry bases it is strong onthe top but a bit weaker on the sides. Overall nice base, with some minor issues that can be fixed .
    IGN: Lootenant Forbe
    TH9|Level 106
    sir clans a lot

  4. #4
    Millennial Club GarlicAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Reddit Hotel
    Posts
    1,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Lootenant View Post
    First off, nice base! Good work on the thread and I like the features showcase.
    Although I do not like the corner tesla as it makes the base weaker, with only 2 teslas.
    Also going over the con (in pros and cons) 'dgb not always triggered properly', it would explode one then another after they have the chance to place a heal.
    As with most mirror symmetry bases it is strong onthe top but a bit weaker on the sides. Overall nice base, with some minor issues that can be fixed .
    I agree about the tesla part. I fell at th8 that teslas play a huge role in your bases defence. It may work the first time but after watching a replay, any following attacker would pick up on it.

  5. #5
    Pro Member Lootenant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Down under with my vegemite sandwich... JK I hate vegemite XD
    Posts
    533
    Quote Originally Posted by GarlicAK View Post
    I agree about the tesla part. I fell at th8 that teslas play a huge role in your bases defence. It may work the first time but after watching a replay, any following attacker would pick up on it.
    Yes, definitely.
    IGN: Lootenant Forbe
    TH9|Level 106
    sir clans a lot

  6. #6
    Pro Member Livvyboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    I'm that one lonely minion...
    Posts
    568

    Looks like a great base!

    Much better than mine...

    One thing though, there's only 1 spot where the dgb could go, and a hogger would set this off first using so hogs before they begin the rest of the attack, rendering it to be useless.

    Edit: The tesla may mess up the first attack, but the second attacker will know it's there,and will destroy it.

    But otherwise base looks great!
    Last edited by Livvyboss; April 10th, 2015 at 07:48 AM.

    Forum Minion, Clasher, GFX Artist

    Th9|Lvl 107|TheWhiteWalkers

    Trio GFX Shop




  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    319
    Hi.


    The double giant bombs in this base is placed wrongly and will not kill hogs.


    Please look at the picture below.





    If a th8 deploys hogs at the bottom after luring and killing cc troops, the hogs will move upwards in the direction of the arrows. Please look at the arrows on the left. After destroying the canon at the bottom, the hogs will jump in to destroy the mortar and the air defense. However, they will stop at the dot that i have drawn, so only bomb A will explode and a heal spell will heal the hogs. After destroying that mortar, the hogs will move towards the wizard tower on the left and the other giant bomb will explode, but the heal spell that was placed earlier when bomb A explodes will continue to heal the hogs. After using the two heal spells at the bottom, the th8 player still have lots of hogs and one more heal spell to destroy the top of the base, causing this base to be three starred by a th8.


    What if the th8 player deploys hogs from the top in the formation of an arc?





    Please look at the arrows on the left. When the hogs enter from the left, they will jump in to destroy the mortar after they have destroyed the wizard tower on the left. They will stop at where bomb B is and only bomb B will explode, so a heal spell will also heal them. The four spring traps between the builder huts will not bounce off any hogs if they come down the base this way, and most of the hogs still have lots of health. The th8 player just have to place two heal spells at the two locations of the giant bombs and most of the hogs will survive since the two giant bombs on the left will not explode at the same time. He still have one more heal spell left, so this base will still be three starred by a th8.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Beeplance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    390
    This base is not anti-hog for two very simple reasons:

    -DGBs not placed between defenses, hence hogs won't path over them. The trick with DGBs is triggering both at the same time. Even when you place both of them together, but both doesn't trigger at the same time, the hog user will get away with it by using a heal.

    -Only 2 possible DGBs set. One look at the base, and the enemy knows where it is. Whose advantage do you think that will work towards?

  9. #9
    Senior Member SirVargan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Leading the Water Division of the Illuminati (Theres too much)
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by Aethelbeorne View Post
    Hi.


    The double giant bombs in this base is placed wrongly and will not kill hogs.


    Please look at the picture below.





    If a th8 deploys hogs at the bottom after luring and killing cc troops, the hogs will move upwards in the direction of the arrows. Please look at the arrows on the left. After destroying the canon at the bottom, the hogs will jump in to destroy the mortar and the air defense. However, they will stop at the dot that i have drawn, so only bomb A will explode and a heal spell will heal the hogs. After destroying that mortar, the hogs will move towards the wizard tower on the left and the other giant bomb will explode, but the heal spell that was placed earlier when bomb A explodes will continue to heal the hogs. After using the two heal spells at the bottom, the th8 player still have lots of hogs and one more heal spell to destroy the top of the base, causing this base to be three starred by a th8.


    What if the th8 player deploys hogs from the top in the formation of an arc?





    Please look at the arrows on the left. When the hogs enter from the left, they will jump in to destroy the mortar after they have destroyed the wizard tower on the left. They will stop at where bomb B is and only bomb B will explode, so a heal spell will also heal them. The four spring traps between the builder huts will not bounce off any hogs if they come down the base this way, and most of the hogs still have lots of health. The th8 player just have to place two heal spells at the two locations of the giant bombs and most of the hogs will survive since the two giant bombs on the left will not explode at the same time. He still have one more heal spell left, so this base will still be three starred by a th8.
    Thank you very much for the awesome diagrams, they'll help a lot when I make a variation with more optimally placed dgb
    Stats: Level 104|Mid Town Hall 9| 42k FiN | 290m GG | 280 EE | 200 War Stars | Wall-Hater
    Clan: ClashPub | Mature Adult who gets worked up over wars way too much |

  10. #10
    Senior Member SirVargan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Leading the Water Division of the Illuminati (Theres too much)
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by Livvyboss View Post
    Much better than mine...

    One thing though, there's only 1 spot where the dgb could go, and a hogger would set this off first using so hogs before they begin the rest of the attack, rendering it to be useless.

    Edit: The tesla may mess up the first attack, but the second attacker will know it's there,and will destroy it.

    But otherwise base looks great!
    Idk about that first part, don't doubt yourself man!

    The thing is, how would he go about setting it off? Its deeply placed, and he'd have to send in 5-6 hogs to get it which would greatly deplete his attacking force. Even if he gets it, he'll be left with very few hoggies to clean up, with the last tesla highlighting that fact even more. I go get what you're saying about the tesla though. But even if it only works against one attack (which it has done btw, 99% lel) its still one less attack for the opposition to use, and even then they may mess up against this base. I think the corner tesla is pretty good.
    Stats: Level 104|Mid Town Hall 9| 42k FiN | 290m GG | 280 EE | 200 War Stars | Wall-Hater
    Clan: ClashPub | Mature Adult who gets worked up over wars way too much |

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •