Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: / TH9 / The Lotus / Staggered Moat Vault /

/ TH9 / The Lotus / Staggered Moat Vault /

"May we exist like the lotus, at ease in muddy water"

The Lotus

Hello forumers, you may know me, you may not, but I am here to show you my creations in base designing and to evolve new concepts to see what works and what doesn't, base design is a good thing to do within clash of clans, it can open your mind up to how troops work, and how you can defend them.

A while back, Avernicus gave me an idea, a staggered moat, you see moats on a lot of bases, but they are basically just an extra ring around the core, with a staggered moat, its like a lot of smaller moats/compartments conjoined to make bigger moat, more effecting, one wallbreakers cant just instantly ruin, so id like to give Avernicus great thanks in helping me with this base.

I would also like to thank, TheJ, UltraDragonMaster, Lootenant, Eddie-56 and Tet for supporting me with this design.

The Base Itself

For this base, I recommend full skull walls and lvl 7 wizard towers for full effectiveness

The Concept

As you can see, this base has a fully outer staggered moat, this will mean troops will run around the base destroying the large amount of buildings that there are. You may see small crevices within the moat with a spring and small bomb in them, these are the main funnels of the base, after the troops are finished destroying the outer valley of buildings, they will go directly into that funnel and with either get springed, or hit a wall, while teslas, wizard towers, and X - Bows slaughter them slowly, sometimes wallbreakers will also funnel into them and get demolished but it doesn't happen 100% of the time like I would have wished, but then again, nothings perfect.

Also, if you did not notice, elixir storages are more exposed than gold, the reason behind this is, you do not need elixir as much, and it will act as a meat shield for this wizard tower, while, for example, archers are shooting over the wall from within the funnel, this will give time for everything to damage the army dramatically.

Pro's
    - All storages placed within the base
    - Splash Damage covering all storages
    - Troops will never go directly into the base first
    - CC hard to lure
    - DE Centered along with CC
    - A tonne of point defense damage within the core
    - Double Giant Bombs

Cons
    - CC not directly centered
    - Mortars Semi exposed within the outer valley
    - Air Defenses Semi exposed
    ( Not you could switch AD or Mortars with the elixir or gold storages if you wanted, as AD are more tanky, id recommend those if you do not need elixir )

I would go into further explanation but I this is so you get a decent idea of the pro's and cons

Defense Logs

Im not going to explain what happened in each defense, just try and guess by the picture. Also, Id recommend archers and minions in clan castle.

Conclusion
    This base has taken me a while, infact, months, I have been testing it on and off, figuring out howto improve it, and trying to perfect it, but nothings perfect, this is a well rounded effective base, I like it a lot, i'd like to thank everyone again for helping me with this project, hope this serves everyone well.

Also, this is the first spawn of the Lotus Garden.

Last edited by TheShadow626; April 23rd, 2018 at 09:44 PM.

Here I will post pictures of bases that other people have made using the lotus concept.

Tet's Lotus Th8

Lotus Gracidea
    UltraDragonMaster's Lotus

Lootenants Lotus

Hadrons Lotus

Last edited by TheShadow626; April 10th, 2015 at 03:38 AM.

Second!

I'll post thoughts later.

Banned
    3rd
    #lotusislovelotusislife

Seems like a solid type of base

Level: 90|Town Hall: 9 Pre-Bow|Clan: idc
    #gabneedsaupdate

Quote Originally Posted by Illuminance View Post
    First, base rocks, wish I thought of the idea!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yango View Post
    I'll post thoughts later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric87 View Post
    3rd
    #lotusislovelotusislife
    Quote Originally Posted by Gub View Post
    Seems like a solid type of base
    thanks guys!

For a split second there, I could relate the base name to the White Lotus from Mortal Kombat (Kung Lao's clan).

Awesome base and also one of the best you've done. Haha! Now we'll just sit back and see which designer out there will carry this idea to the next level!

Quote Originally Posted by Avernicus View Post
    For a split second there, I could relate the base name to the White Lotus from Mortal Kombat (Kung Lao's clan).

Awesome base and also one of the best you've done. Haha! Now we'll just sit back and see which designer out there will carry this idea to the next level!
    Yes, we shall see, I also think its one of my best

Genius

Just genius. Original and effective. I like watching defense replays of this base. Nothing really taken yet
    NEW THREAD! Clan 40sand9s check us out below!!
    http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...21-War-Farming