Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TH8|A Guide to maxing your TH8 base

In the middle of your village, stealing your gold!

TH8|A Guide to maxing your TH8 base

Arewe Strategy:

I. Preparation for TH8

I suggest you come into TH8 with everything maxed out, for a few reasons. One, the higher level your troops, the more effective your attacks and the more loot you can collect. Two, level 11 collectors will each give you 72K elixir or gold per day. Three, maxed TH7 defenses can put up an good fight against most TH8 troops, and you need level 8 defenses to get level 9 and level 9 to get level 10, so you will have to do it eventually.

I would also like to mention that before you come to townhall 8 you should have a reliable base. There are many bases you can use such as the Dark Defendum, Avalon and the Furies. I got my base design for Beakers Lab, an amazing clash of clans let’s play channel.

Last but not least, I would like to mention that before you come to townhall 8, you should have a reliable clan that can give you strong donation troops. Such as, high level wizards and dragons. To find one, go to the clan talk section of the forums. After that it is self explanatory.

Also, try to come into TH8 with full storages so you can immediately begin your upgrades!

II. Resource Farming

When you reach TH8, you will want to focus on all three resources, with less emphasis on dark elixir. Here are the reasons:

- You will need elixir for constant lab upgrades.
    - You will need gold to upgrade your defenses.

You will probably finish your elixir upgrades first, because they are generally less expensive then the gold upgrades. Once you are done with your elixir upgrades, you should begin focusing on gold and dark elixir. When you are doing your upgrades, make sure you always leave a builder free so you can use your extra gold on walls. The main reason for this is to stop people from taking too much of your gold. This happened to me a few times when I was in TH8. I averaged 1 million gold per day and most upgrades took between 1-3 million gold and 5-6 days. This left a lot of gold sitting in my storages for days.

Once you finish with your DE upgrades, you should hunt gold exclusively with “BArch". Which I will talk about in section 2 of this guide. The gold you get while doing this should be used on any remaining upgrades (traps, defenses or walls).

When you have done all of the above, you should have a maxed out your TH8 base! Congratulations!

III. Upgrade Order

When your townhall finishes upgrading, the first thing you should do is build all, or nearly all, of the cheap buildings that you unlock. But remember, ONLY the cheap buildings. This should take about 1 night (12h). When you are done with that, you should focus on these upgrades:

-Your lab
    -Your buildings with splash damage
    -Your air defense
    -Your dark elixir drill

Other upgrades you should focus on are Tier 1 troops, teslas collectors, and storages. You should focus on tier 1 troops because they are the key to farming, low level tier 1 troops just won’t do the job. You should focus on teslas because they are beasts against any unit, especially a pekka. You should focus on collectors because they can provide you with a big boost which can make collecting enough resource for an upgrade much easier. You should upgrade your storages because without high level storages you cannot do certain upgrades.

The total builder time for TH8 is 147 days (with 3 builders).
    Last edited by TheRogueArcher; April 13th, 2015 at 05:06 PM.
    Member of Clan Consecration
    Level 92|TH8
    Consecrationclan.weebly.com - Website of the Consecration Clan
    Guide: TH8|A Guide to Maxing your TH8 Base

Gold and Elixir Farming:

Note: None of these strategies are completely original. They are all based on published strategies with a few good improvements that worked well for me.

I. BArch Strategy

1) Army Composition:

-96 Barbarians
    -96 Archers
    -4 Wallbreakers
    For emergencies:
    -A combo of heal spells and rage (at least one each)

Most people like to use 100 archers and 100 barbarians, but I like to add in four wallbreakers to counter lvl6 walls which can stop your troops from reaching some loot, sometimes.

To train these troops as quickly as possible, put 24 archers, 24 barbarians and 1 wallbreaker in each barrack. This will avoid bottlenecks. Your troops will be finished soon.

2) Trophy Range:

-For a lot of elixir and gold, I suggest Gold III.
    -For balanced DE, elixir and gold income, I suggest Gold II.
    -For lots of DE and enough gold and elixir to sustain your army and do some walls, I suggest Gold I and Crystal III.

3) Deployment Tactics:

Below are a few different deployment tactics you should use for different types of bases.

I. For Zombies (inactive bases):

There are many ways to use this army on zombies. I will show you my favorite.

Four wave attack:

Using the "four wave attack" on a zombie base is easy. All you have to do is find a base where the collectors are divided into four different sections of the base. Than you deploy 49 soldiers (24 barbarians, 24 archers and 1 wallbreaker) on each of the four sections. If any of the 4 waves get in trouble, you can send in your barbarian king, or clan castle, or both.

Possible Problems and, or disasters:

-Watch out for traps. Try deploying a troop or two to make sure the traps aren’t there when your main wave comes in.
    -Wizard Towers and mortars. We all know what they can do to a pile of archers. Try spreading them out, -and tanking them with a line of barbarians.
    -Walls. If there are walls protecting any of the four sections, make sure NOT to get your archers killed, or you are probably not going to succeed in destroying that part of the base.
    Last edited by TheRogueArcher; March 29th, 2015 at 02:20 PM.
    Level 92|TH8

I. For bases with full storages:

Sweep Attack:

A "sweep attack" can be a little more difficult to use than the "four wave attack". But it can sometimes can be a little more affective if you are going after 2 or more storages. To do this, you find one side, where the storages are either badly protected, not spread out, or just easy to get to. Then you should deploy a few barbarians to check for traps. Then, deploy all your troops in a big, straight line. Use wallbreakers to break the walls that will probably be protecting the first line of buildings, so you can direct your troops towards the core. Don’t forget to use your barbarian king, clan reinforcements, and, if nesascary your spells they can really make a difference.

-Once again, watch out for traps.
    -Your troops can easily get destroyed by wizard towers and mortars, tank your troops using the barbarian king.
    -Make sure your troops and heroes don’t go to the sides.
    Last edited by TheRogueArcher; March 29th, 2015 at 02:17 PM.
    Level 92|TH8

I. For easy loot:

A Siege:

A siege can be used to 100% (or nearly 100%) a player with a easy to attack base, and, of course, high amounts of loot. The way you would use your troops in this strategy would be by simply checking for traps, and then surrounding the base with troops. Deploy your barbarian king in a part of the base that you think will be harder to destroy than others. Do the same thing with your clan castle troops. Use spells if nescasary.

-You could easily run out of time.
    -Your troops could get stuck on walls.
    Last edited by TheRogueArcher; March 29th, 2015 at 02:21 PM.
    Level 92|TH8

DE Farming

I. No Name:

1) Army Composition:

-8 Giants
    -8 Wallbreakers
    -20 Goblins
    -60 Barbarians
    -64 Archers
    -1 Rage and 2 Heal spells

Train 2 Giants, 2 Wallbreakers, 20 Goblins, 15 barbarians and 16 archers in each barrack.

2) Cup Range:

-Gold II for small amounts of easy to get DE.
    -Gold I for larger amounts of harder to get DE.

3) Deployment Tactics:

Below are a few different deployment tactics you could use.

I. For not well protected storages:

The Storm:

A Storm can be used to storm a dark elixir storage with 1-3 walls protecting it. It is quite simple but it can depend quite a lot on your troops sense of logic. They could easily go of to the side. To use it, you need to choose the side thats easiest to storm. Then, snipe any building you can on that side. After that, deploy a giant and a few wallbreakers to destroy the first layer of walls. Then, deploy most of your troops to destroy the first row of buildings. Make sure to add in a few wallbreakers to destroy the next layer of walls. If anything goes wrong, use a heal or rage spell. Keep this going until you only have one layer of walls protecting the dark elixir storage. Then deploy the last of your troops. Hopefully you should have destroyed the DE storage.

Problems and Possible Disasters:

-Splash damage could massacre your barbarians and archers, the backbone of your army.
    -Your giants could get destroyed by traps.
    -Clan Castle troops might kill your giants.
    Last edited by TheRogueArcher; March 29th, 2015 at 02:18 PM.
    Level 92|TH8

I. For DE drills:

The Ambush:

The Ambush is best used on full DE drills. Some of these raids can be extremely easy because all you have to do is deploy and archer for each drill. Others can be harder because you have one, or maybe even 2 layers of walls protecting the drill.

Using the ambush is extremely easy. All you have to do is use a few giants as a distraction as you break the first layer of walls. Then send in a few goblins, archers and barbarians to destroy any resource buildings (if there are any). Repeat this process on all the drills and you should have your dark elixir ready for another upgrade!
    Last edited by TheRogueArcher; March 29th, 2015 at 02:17 PM.
    Level 92|TH8

More Useful Information:

You can find good TH8 Bases here.
    You can find useful TH8 video guides here.
    You can find amazing attack guides here.
    You can find a clash of clans dictionary here.
    You can find amazing clans to give you amazing troops here.

Notes:

Thank you so much for reading this thread. I hope I helped you max out your townhall 8 base and enhance your clash of clans experience. If you have any questions or comments you can PM me (click on my name) or reply to the thread!
    Last edited by TheRogueArcher; March 29th, 2015 at 01:03 PM.
    Level 92|TH8

Reserved

Reserved just in case I ever want to add to this guide.
    Level 92|TH8

I'm currently maxing my th 8 so this thread will help me with that.

Made here:http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...Unseen-GFX-GFX

Check profile:http://forum.supercell.net/member.php/663887-domkop

In game name: noahbce|TH 8|Clan: Orange kingdom|Status: farming+war|

Quote Originally Posted by domkop View Post
    I'm currently maxing my th 8 so this thread will help me with that.
    Hope it helps!!
    Level 92|TH8