Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Gooch - an anti-dragon TH7 War Base !?

The Gooch - an anti-dragon TH7 War Base !?

The Gooch - an anti-dragon TH7 War Base !?

Introduction

We are a mixed level war clan, TH9 all the way down to TH4- but most of our wars consist of TH7s and TH8s throwing swarms of dragons at each other. After seeing the TH7s on both sides get smashed by dragons every war, the question arises - is it possible to make a TH7 that can fend off dragon attacks? Sadly, the answer is no. But The Gooch represents my best attempt- and it works. Sometimes...

Base design and logic

Our goal is simple - to make a base that can avoid being 3 starred by dragon spammers as often as possible. Hence we are willing to concede a 2 star attack, as this will force the enemy clan to waste another attack on our base. Here is The Gooch:

Features

• Centralised Clan Castle - "unlureable" to the extent possible with a TH7
    • Clan Castle also a meat shield to protect Air Def
    • Anti-Dragon ring - should lead dragons around in a circle while getting hit by Air Def and CC troops
    • Townhall is expendible - used as meat shield for Teslas
    • Storages used as meat shields to prolong time the Air Def have to fire
    • Spring traps, bombs placed to deal with ground attacks

When does it work? When does it fail?

The Gooch can fend off an attack of Level 2 dragons - if - the attacker uses rage and heals spells, and isn't too clever with troop placement. This has been borne out over three wars. See sample defense below:

When does it fail? If the attacker simply triple lightnings one of the air defenses and drops dragons, then even with all tricks above it still fails.

The base is reasonably robust to ground attacks such as Giant/Healer or Giant/Wizard that a TH7 might throw at you. I can't say how it would perform against hogs.

Conclusion

The Gooch represents an attempt to fend of those swarms of flying serpents - if you're tired of watching your TH7 get trolled every War, maybe give it a try. What do you have to lose?

This is my first base design thread - comments or criticisms welcome. Since this base is on its way to TH8, I won't be able to test in combat for much longer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    http://i.imgur.com/mwtiUUe.gif
    Co-Leader, ChickenMafia

Sorry to burst your bubble but at th7 NOTHING will defend against dragon with lightning spells and some hogs or loons in CC. 2 AD isn't enough. However, a commend you for giving it a shot. Keep designing bases and good luck in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by GarlicAK View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble but at th7 NOTHING will defend against dragon with lightning spells and some hogs or loons in CC. 2 AD isn't enough. However, a commend you for giving it a shot. Keep designing bases and good luck in the future.
    Thanks for that.

Yes, I confirm FAILS when attacker triple lightnings an airdef. But it can (sometimes) work if they bring rage or heal spells- see video.

I think there is a perception among some players that the drags/3lightning attack is more "amateurish" than going in with drags/rage. So this base gives the non-amateurs a chance to fail.
    Co-Leader, ChickenMafia

Good for a th7

I think that the base is quite good, but has its limits. Like mentioned above, if 1AD is zapped out, then the base hase NO CHANCE. i think the idea of the anti-drag circle is quite smart. If the TH was less compromised then the base would be very good for a TH7 indeed.😀

Quote Originally Posted by Supertanks View Post
    I think that the base is quite good, but has its limits. Like mentioned above, if 1AD is zapped out, then the base hase NO CHANCE. i think the idea of the anti-drag circle is quite smart. If the TH was less compromised then the base would be very good for a TH7 indeed.😀
    The off centered TH is to increase the effective positioning of defenses while giving up the sure 1 star most likely 2 star in order to accomplish the main goal of preventing the 3 star.

Warriors are OP
    Slightly increases the chance of 2 star someone drags it. As far as I'm concerned, the only way you can fail drag raid on a TH7 is if the attacker fails to demolish the AD with triple lightning.

No hope in th7 defending all drags. Ever. That's why my clan always relies on th8 and 6 to win wars.

(made this pic like 2 years ago, need a better one)

Quote Originally Posted by DerQuincy View Post
    No hope in th7 defending all drags. Ever. ...
    See the video.
    Co-Leader, ChickenMafia

Forum Superstar
    I firmly believe there isn't a TH7 base which can stand against a dragon attack- however if there is anything close to it this would be it. To a typical dragon spammer, you would easily hold off three star attacks with any spell combo. The only two flaws I could really find in the base would be Dragloon and funneling drag attacks.

I'll explain- say you were to attack from the 7 o clock of the base. I would send the dragons (although I'm a TH8 this can work for TH7s) at the cannon (elxiir collectors) and mortar (dark barrack). Once 1-2 buildings have been destroyed on each side the rest of the dragons go down. As AD lock down on drags send loons, two rage side by side covering the elixir storage, builder hut, DE storage and AD. AD goes down, heal goes onto CC, loons destroy second AD and three star if everything is executed perfectly (which it rarely does)

This could also work with mass dragons- funnelling them like before, but the other AD down with lightning. Even still, most attackers wouldn't even dream of attacking like that so I'd reckon it would stop dragons a majority of the times against typical clans. Good job making it
    Retired

What did u use to record?